Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Game Thread: Timberwolves (2-5) Vs. Pelicans (4-3) 7pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I do at least I know I can go to a doctor that will have good music playing.
    Sorry sir I couldn't resist.
    But if you do come I promise you I will not:
    "Give you bad medicine"
    I don't need no needle
    To be giving me a thrill
    And I don't need no anesthesia
    Or a nurse to bring a pill

Oh and BTW nothing can take me down after this Pelicans performance. I LOVE A BLOWOUT. I don't like the anxiety provoking close games. I am going to go out on a limb and predict a 3-1 road trip. I am irrationally exuberant!!!
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Am I the only one that loves having Joel Meyers and David Wesley? They have to be my favorite duo in all of basketball. I watch a lot of games on league pass and not just being a homer but no pair to me is as good as these two. Meyers has a radio voice people in that industry wish they had and Wesley just brings that happy vibe to every game. Meyers has a great knowledge of the game while of course Wesley does also being a player but it is truely a pleasure to listen and have these two as a part of the Pelicans young franchise and run for a championship.

Banned
    Jimmer absolutely dominated and was probably the deciding factor in the game. Without his offensive onslaught, the Pelicans could have given up a big lead.

Welcome to the Jimmer show.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Jimmer absolutely dominated and was probably the deciding factor in the game. Without his offensive onslaught, the Pelicans could have given up a big lead.

Welcome to the Jimmer show.
    Thank you sir. I am glad that Monty let him play. I am actually hoping he improves because we could use him down the road.

Banned
    We have so much talent that it overwhelms lesser teams so this should happen a lot this season. Well, not that bad, but there will be some wide margins that will keep us in the thick of things.

**** the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    nice to see the hustle from withey there at the end. things like that are great to see, its a blow out game, but it's his first time on the court in like 6 games, so giving it his all.
    His jump hook was amazing.

Banned
    16 free throws for Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Best things about this was no Salmons.
    He will be nice and fresh for Portland.

Wiggins had a good game, but then again, who was defending him...that will still be in the league 4 years from now?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    16 free throws for Harden.
    **** James Harden and **** the Rockets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELICANS are going to beat the BLAZERS

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Am I the only one that loves having Joel Meyers and David Wesley? They have to be my favorite duo in all of basketball. I watch a lot of games on league pass and not just being a homer but no pair to me is as good as these two. Meyers has a radio voice people in that industry wish they had and Wesley just brings that happy vibe to every game. Meyers has a great knowledge of the game while of course Wesley does also being a player but it is truely a pleasure to listen and have these two as a part of the Pelicans young franchise and run for a championship.
    Yep definitely agree, I think picking up Meyers was awesome. I wouldn't say better than every other teams, as I really haven't listened to them all, and horses for courses, but they are my favourite. love the home away commentating option with league pass.

Yep, like I predicted grind it out close one. I'm retiring my crystal ball! Great game, Pels!

Incredible game. Just absolutely incredible! I love the selflessness of this team. We looked like the Spurs out there when they dominated the Heat. I realize it was the depleted Wolves but still, a hell of a send off before a ridiculously difficult schedule coming up.

If I had one complaint - and don't flame me - but it was the refs. We set a lot of records tonight but I would be curious what the record of opposing FTA is for this franchise? I mean 41 FTA? to our 16? That is ridiculous. I mean they literally did not give our bench a single call that resulted in FT's.

TBH though it makes the game that more amazing seeing how much the refs were ignoring almost every foul from the Wolves and calling anything where we breathed on them too hard. Even with the bottom of our bench playing the fourth and the refs calling everything for them we outscored the Wolves.

Heck take away the BS calls they got and they only scored 9 points that didn't come from the stripe for them in the fourth. 4-14. Good job Pels!
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Damn even Russ scored and he didn't even dress out.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If I had one complaint - and don't flame me - but it was the refs. We set a lot of records tonight but I would be curious what the record of opposing FTA is for this franchise? I mean 41 FTA? to our 16? That is ridiculous. I mean they literally did not give our bench a single call that resulted in FT's.

TBH though it makes the game that more amazing seeing how much the refs were ignoring almost every foul from the Wolves and calling anything where we breathed on them too hard. Even with the bottom of our bench playing the fourth and the refs calling everything for them we outscored the Wolves.

Heck take away the BS calls they got and they only scored 9 points that didn't come from the stripe for them in the fourth. 4-14. Good job Pels!
    I was able to attend the game tonight and I can honestly say a couple of things from a firsthand perspective .... first of all, I don't think I have ever seen an NBA team play any better than the Pels did in the first half.... undermanned opponent or not, it was a true masterpiece..... secondly, it was absolutely incredulous to me at how late some of the whistles were by this group of officials.... there were at least 3 occasions where defensive fouls were called on outside shots, yet the whistle didn't blow until the missed shot attempt was literally rebounded.... now I'm not suggesting that fouls weren't committed, but come on, these particular calls were a good 3 seconds late in coming.... and the really scary thing to me is having these same striped guys on the loose during close ball games.....talk about a roll of the dice.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I really like this team....

Including Eric Gordon.

There I said it!
    But seriously. I appreciate how he gives up so much for the good of the team. Including putting up with fans who only look at the box score. His presence alone even when he struggles offensively allows the others enough room to create shots for themselves and others. 4 shots and he looked like he had a good rhythm, never forced anything in the blowout. Props for that. Clearly he is not letting ego get in the way of sticking to the game plan. Watching reek chase points and flamethrower jack too many ****s are head scratchers.

The Pelicans played a great game. It was one of those games where everything was going so well it made me think to myself “What is the catch, is something bad about to happen?” But the bad thing never came and the hot shooting never stopped. A few things I noticed;

1. “Lots of fans disguised as seats.” Sorry for the old cliché but it was disappointing to see the arena so empty or at least seem that way on TV.

2. Eric Gordon played a really nice game and it showed in his body language, he was doing that little skip running movement with some added pep in his step. The two quick fouls sat him down too early, he could have had a big game.

3. Ryan Anderson took over Gordon’s normal role of complaining to the refs, throwing his hands up and making cry baby faces. It must have been frustrating being one of the only guys missing his shots.

4. Not sure on how to judge this game because it was so strange, just could have been a perfect storm or the team could be coming together. It will be interesting to see the next stretch of games.
    www.flexicarry.com

Twitter: @brian_oleen

great team win! I really like the direction this team is taking, jrue looks like the leader of this team, playing phenomenal, rivers is really the biggest surprise for me, he is the perfect 7th man on this team so far, plays both ends of the floor great! reke has confidence and his trey is falling, dont have to talk about ADs brilliance! gordon is still a negative for this team but at least he is showing effort and tonight his shots were falling! Its early in the season but they are on a good way, they have to keep this pace and intensity and the biggest thing: STAY HEALTHY!!!

This win is amazing. We're not even talking about the 76ers, we're talking about a team that had actually won 2 games. Yes shorthanded and everything but they looked like amateurs out there. Amazing

We didn't miss more than 3 shots in a row

Could we actually start to be gelling it just seemed like we trusted each other on D and knew where the other guy was going to be on O and the hell is with the refs this year are we going to have to deal with that crap the whole season even on our home court

Thread Information