Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: LA Lakers (1-6) @ Pelicans (3-3) Game Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Through 5 games his amazing % are 28% from the field and 0% from 3. His function is being useless if he can't shoot the ball
    I seem to recall Anthony Morrow struggling to hit threes early on last year as well. Then injuries started popping up, he was forced into the lineup more and more, and he found his rhythm and then he left us for OKC.

It's a long, long season. I seriously, seriously, doubt Tyreke Evans leads this team in 3pt% 3 months from now.

Yeah i know he'll get better (hell, he possibly can't get worse) but to call him a good shooter right now? Naaahh i hope for us he starts to hit something because getting a shooter that can't shoot...yeah. Not ideal

Through 5 games his amazing % are 28% from the field and 0% from 3. His function is being useless if he can't shoot the ball
    Take out the Orlando game and he is 50% on the year.

Either way I am not sure I am gonna take a sample size of the 14 shots from this year over the combined numbers over his career when judging Jimmers ability to shoot the ball.

The guy clearly can knock them down. I honestly wish rivers would get him a couple open 3's every game.

That's all we need from the guy. Come in for a few minutes and take a few smart shots. If he looks like it's clicking that given night, give him a couple more. And give your best effort on defense.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-13-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Banned
    If your coach won't play you against the 1-6 Lakers AT Home. Something ain't right in Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    You would think the way we go to the basket we would get more foul calls. I do think once AD develops more of a post game a lot of those calls will fall to us naturally.
    It's the lack of respect our guards get that bothers me.

The combined total of our guards FTA's(Gordon, Holliday, Evans, Rivers) is 66. James harden by himself already has 81 FTA. Lebron has 52. That is all in spite of the fact that our guards have attacked the rim a combined 124 times(roughly) out of a combined total of 315 shots taken. While Harden has only taken 38 shots at the rim and 142 shots total. Lebron has taken 110 shots and 39 at the rim.

So harden Takes 142 attempts and has gotten 81FTA. Lebron takes 110 shots and gets 52 FTA.

Our guards take 315 shots and get 66FTA out of the deal.

The disparity between stars and non-stars in this league is ridiculous.

If your coach won't play you against the 1-6 Lakers AT Home. Something ain't right in Disneyland.
    I don't think monty is at that point right now. If you haven't noticed he has been tinkering with his bench rotations almost every game so far. The only constants have been Ryno and Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If LeBron had done that Rivers would have been called for the foul. Lol
    That actually did make me lol. The sad part is that I could see some officials actually considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    I love you guys but I've already said too much. If you like surprises be at this game. It's going to be a lot of fun, and people will remember it.
    Are you one of those time travelers that tease people in the present for the future? Should we do some investigation?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I seem to recall Anthony Morrow struggling to hit threes early on last year as well. Then injuries started popping up, he was forced into the lineup more and more, and he found his rhythm and then he left us for OKC.

It's a long, long season. I seriously, seriously, doubt Tyreke Evans leads this team in 3pt% 3 months from now.
    You know I love you Eman but last year Morrow was shooting over 50% for the first month. IIRC he did have a slump at one point but it wasn't early on. Just had to be pedantic. I still wholeheartedly agree with your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I don't think monty is at that point right now. If you haven't noticed he has been tinkering with his bench rotations almost every game so far. The only constants have been Ryno and Rivers.
    Please just stop. You are making way too much sense.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    You know I love you Eman but last year Morrow was shooting over 50% for the first month. IIRC he did have a slump at one point but it wasn't early on. Just had to be pedantic. I still wholeheartedly agree with your point.
    Morrow was shooting 44.8% from 3 after the first 9 games.

Banned
    I miss that guy. Sorry player who shalt not be named.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Are you one of those time travelers that tease people in the present for the future? Should we do some investigation?
    I've signed agreements that keep me from saying more. But if you can only afford one game this year. That's the one.

Is this another joke post of yours? Don't want to get in trouble when you answer back with you not being serious.

Banned
    Not joking sir.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    It's the lack of respect our guards get that bothers me.

The combined total of our guards FTA's(Gordon, Holliday, Evans, Rivers) is 66. James harden by himself already has 81 FTA. Lebron has 52. That is all in spite of the fact that our guards have attacked the rim a combined 124 times(roughly) out of a combined total of 315 shots taken. While Harden has only taken 38 shots at the rim and 142 shots total. Lebron has taken 110 shots and 39 at the rim.

So harden Takes 142 attempts and has gotten 81FTA. Lebron takes 110 shots and gets 52 FTA.

Our guards take 315 shots and get 66FTA out of the deal.

The disparity between stars and non-stars in this league is ridiculous.
    This
    I hope it changes
    It could define the Pelicans season
    C'mon man!
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Morrow was shooting 44.8% from 3 after the first 9 games.
    In the first 30 days he was 19/36=53%

Morrow is a better player than Jimmer.

There. I said it. Now we can all move on.

A precious few of those who actually play are worse

A precious few of those who actually play are worse

John Salmons

Thread Information