Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Paul trade - article

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Chris Paul trade - article

If anyone wants a good laugh, check out this article.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ns_column.html

That paper should fire everyone and give every assignment to Nakia Hogan.

I am so embarrassed any time I make the mistake of reading something over there.
    @mcnamara247

Sorry Jeff. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! I don't disagree that we would have won a few more games with an uninjured trio of average players (Scola, Martin, and Dragic), but we would never have drafted Davis. I'd rather be in the position we are in now of watching a transcendent talent and our funky group of misfit toys than a perennial middle-of-the-pack group of players. Next, I look forward to another article about how we should have kept Kobe instead of Vlade Divac.

Chris Paul trade - article

I won't give them the page view.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-13-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Jeff Duncan is such a joke, it's a shame with all the cuts at the TP that this clown still has a job. Did anyone see his tweet last night about the Rivers play, saying he has no dog in the fight and how that was a clean play by Price. He should be the last person over there writing an article about the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Jeff Duncan is such a joke, it's a shame with all the cuts at the TP that this clown still has a job. Did anyone see his tweet last night about the Rivers play, saying he has no dog in the fight and how that was a clean play by Price. He should be the last person over there writing an article about the Pelicans.
    Yeah, that was the kind of foul that can start fights.

Wow cringe worthy article. Lucky I have a great sense of humor and I laughed out loud at it. Articles like this shows a reflection of what new Orleans thinks of the Pels right now. Unknowledgeable, careless, and false claims.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Im an international fan just wondering what the story is with TP/nola.com, how are people like Jimmy Smith and Jeff Duncan been paid for the utter nonsense that they write. Myself (Australia) and another International Pelicans supporter from Jamaica feel that Bourbon Street Shots is the ONLY place to get real & informed Pelicans news.
    Last edited by Rain_man84; 11-13-2014 at 10:15 PM.

I don't care how bad Gordon has played that was the better trade by far. Can't imagine where this franchise would be with the original trade.

Wow.....Mandatory drug testing should be put in place to prevent such buffoonery

While we are in much better position now because he vetoed the trade, your reasoning can't be, "we are in a better position because we landed Anthony davis." Anthony davis had nothing to do with the trade. It is a proximate cause of the trade.

David stern abused his power. It doesn't make sense to be supportive of dell demps and how smart he is then say David stern saved the day. David stern had his people call up the front office and say, "hey yall so we don't like that trade how bout yall trade for steph curry?" The league had no idea what they were doing, and we're throwing out random trade targets that dell had already exhausted.

If you are dell demps fan, which I am a huge fan, it is hypocritical to say stern saved the day. Thank god we got Anthony davis and everything ended up ok.

With that Lakers trade we would be looking at Thomas Robinson starting at PF, just let that sank in.

Obviously we clearly are in a better position now but that is because we lucked into a lottery 1 pick to get the best player in the past 10 years to the lottery. If you take Anthony davis out of the equation we have no idea what would have happened and what fell would have done with those players.seeing how eric gordon is the most hated player on the team and has an unmovable contract which dell T the time HAD to match because of the position the league put him in, that original trade might have been better

Of course Jeff Duncan uses all the wrong arguments and ruins everything. . Ask yourself this questionif we would have gotten Anthony davis regardless of either trade what trade would you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    While we are in much better position now because he vetoed the trade, your reasoning can't be, "we are in a better position because we landed Anthony davis." Anthony davis had nothing to do with the trade. It is a proximate cause of the trade.

David stern abused his power. It doesn't make sense to be supportive of dell demps and how smart he is then say David stern saved the day. David stern had his people call up the front office and say, "hey yall so we don't like that trade how bout yall trade for steph curry?" The league had no idea what they were doing, and we're throwing out random trade targets that dell had already exhausted.

If you are dell demps fan, which I am a huge fan, it is hypocritical to say stern saved the day. Thank god we got Anthony davis and everything ended up ok.
    That. Draft had a bunch of players that would have us in a better position. So for me my opinion isn't tied to drafting Davis.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Obviously we clearly are in a better position now but that is because we lucked into a lottery 1 pick to get the best player in the past 10 years to the lottery. If you take Anthony davis out of the equation we have no idea what would have happened and what fell would have done with those players.seeing how eric gordon is the most hated player on the team and has an unmovable contract which dell T the time HAD to match because of the position the league put him in, that original trade might have been better
    Yes but we would have had no chance to be in the position with the original trade. I don't care how bad the actual players we got look now, mediocrity gets you nowhere in the NBA and that's what the Lakers trade did for us.

No one here would possibly say, "David stern helped us because he knew that trade would have landed us Anthony davis." Yeah, give me a break. Everyone here loved that trade because it landed us eric Gordon. Someone dell demps originally could have gotten but didn't want to. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Yes but we would have had no chance to be in the position with the original trade. I don't care how bad the actual players we got look now, mediocrity gets you nowhere in the NBA and that's what the Lakers trade did for us.
    So you are saying David stern saved us by giving us a worse deal? So that means you are admitting that david stern messed up so bad it actually helped us because we were way worse off. How do you dell wouldn't have immediately flipped those players and we would have been just as bad, but without an eric gordon situation?

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That paper should fire everyone and give every assignment to Nakia Hogan.

I am so embarrassed any time I make the mistake of reading something over there.
    Currently talking to him on twitter and I just feel bad. He has no idea what he is talking about...
    "They (hypothetical team from Lakers trade) would be a lot closer to winning a title than they are now."

My friend told me to read this article, wish I never saw it. Just angers me. Wish the local coverage could be 1/100 as good as BSS.

I can't stand Jeff Duncan, but I am a demps supporter and stern screwed us. People just refuse to look at it that way becuase we got Anthony davis. Just think it through guys, demps clearly looked at every trade offer for a reason... Stern said no take eric Gordon he is much better, when that happened everyone here was happy we got eric gordon, not becuase stern said here take eric Gordon and the first pick in the draft. Screw stern, go demps. Yall should support demps too, the only thing he has messed up on was resigning eric Gordon, but his hands were basically tied because of.... Stern.

Damn you guys are so fast. I started another thread on this article with no hits. somebody help me merge it? But still. Is Jeff in danger of losing his Saints gig and trying out for a Pelicans reporter job. I hope not!
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...media-coverage
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Someone just prove to me I'm wrong. If not please let's all agree that stern screwed us and had his *** saved by is drafting Anthony davis. Imagine if we didn't get Anthony davis, which trade would you want?

I can't stand Jeff Duncan, but I am a demps supporter and stern screwed us. People just refuse to look at it that way becuase we got Anthony davis. Just think it through guys, demps clearly looked at every trade offer for a reason... Stern said no take eric Gordon he is much better, when that happened everyone here was happy we got eric gordon, not becuase stern said here take eric Gordon and the first pick in the draft. Screw stern, go demps. Yall should support demps too, the only thing he has messed up on was resigning eric Gordon, but his hands were basically tied because of.... Stern.
    The Lakers trade would have got us better players than the Clippers trade. But the Clippers trade had the unintended consequence of landing us AD (which couldn't have happened in the Lakers trade)

So, there are two different arguments here that people are confusing. Duncan's argument is that the Pels would be better off right now had they taken the Lakers trade. Which is so clearly false that I won't justify it.

But did Stern agree to a worse trade in a vacuum that Demps? Yes. Those players would have been better. But again, these are two different questions.

Thread Information