Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD gonna tear LA a new one tomorrow

AD gonna tear LA a new one tomorrow

Up against Hill and Boozer?

30 points, 17 boards, 6 blocks, 5 assists

My body is ready.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 11-12-2014 at 05:15 AM.

We need to win tomorrow, if we let this one slip, i'll be posting a big rage thread like i did this time last year when we got hammered against the lakers.

Banned
    There is zero chance we lose this game. Russ will play?
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 11-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Play King Kong. I wanna see my boy Pat Young play!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Hopefully he can top that incredible game he had last year against LAL when he absolutely owned Gasol.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Yeah against the Lakers front court I am looking for everyone to have a career night.

I agree with the OP's stat line but I would say 8 blocks. Watching Davis block a shot is almost as enjoyable as watching a highlight real dunk.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah against the Lakers front court I am looking for everyone to have a career night.

I agree with the OP's stat line but I would say 8 blocks. Watching Davis block a shot is almost as enjoyable as watching a highlight real dunk.
    Old and low image quality, but still my favorite highlight video:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6zgDIFPmw
    Last edited by Kibner; 11-12-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Up against Hill and Boozer?

30 points, 17 boards, 6 blocks, 5 assists

My body is ready.
    Oh so you mean it will just be a normal night for him?

Banned
    IT will be less because he won't be playing as many minutes in this blowout.

Lakers bench has been in sync lately and if Kobe decides to go off and not miss so many shots, we could have a tough night. I don't see Gordon doing a very good job defensively on Kobe. A lot of people give the Lakers a hard time and i can see why but they have some new pieces and that takes some time. Need our bench to well, clean up on the boards, and handle the ball well. I can see Rivers having a horrible night for some reason.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    Lakers bench has been in sync lately and if Kobe decides to go off and not miss so many shots, we could have a tough night. I don't see Gordon doing a very good job defensively on Kobe. A lot of people give the Lakers a hard time and i can see why but they have some new pieces and that takes some time. Need our bench to well, clean up on the boards, and handle the ball well. I can see Rivers having a horrible night for some reason.

Because he's indecisive. A team like the Lakers will give him plenty of opportunities. For a guy like Rivers that could be a death sentence beacuse his mind will see an opportunity, and Rivers being Rivers, he'll hesistant and throw it off the shot clock. This is definitely a trap game for our 7th-10th men. Hopefully, our starters will make this a non factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    Kobe will go off and not miss so many shots, we will have a tough night if Gordon guards him. I don't see Gordon doing a very good job defensively on Kobe.
    Gordon is terrible defensively....kyrie destroyed him the other night.

Sad news out of Lakers camp... Wayne Ellington's pops got shot to death in his car back in Philly, so Wayne is out, but prayers to him and his fam. That's terrible.

Los Angeles Lakers guard Wayne Ellington was granted a leave of absence from the team after his father was shot and killed in Philadelphia.

Wayne Ellington, Sr., 57, was found slumped inside his car Sunday in the city’s Germantown section. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Earlier that day, Ellington had sent a text message to his son, encouraging him.

“Ball hard! Get the first win tonight,” the father texted.

The Lakers won that game, 107-92, with Ellington contributing 9 points off the bench.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nba-pla...ry?id=26851521

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    That is one of the things that has upset me the most with Gordon. If you are going to decline offensively OK, you lose your athleticism OK then become a spot up/3pt shooter. I could live with that. But don't lose the 1 thing (defense) that could make you really valuable to the team.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Sad news out of Lakers camp... Wayne Ellington's pops got shot to death in his car back in Philly, so Wayne is out, but prayers to him and his fam. That's terrible.
    That's absolutely horrible. Prayers for him and his family.

Banned
    We will see if the refs give KoME the Lebron treatment.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    That's an unfair indictment...think about it. Kyrie destroys a lot of guards.

Beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder, but Gordon has had good activity on the defensive end for the most part so far IMO. Pellissier from BSS also made that observation on twitter and I was happy to agree.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gordon used to be have some Tenacious D. Instead he's more like REO Speed Wagon.

I wish all of our guard will have a decent game at the same time at least.

1-6

would anyone rather 'Reke D'ing up Kobe tonight instead of EG?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    would anyone rather 'Reke D'ing up Kobe tonight instead of EG?
    I'd rather Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    That's an unfair indictment...think about it. Kyrie destroys a lot of guards.

Beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder, but Gordon has had good activity on the defensive end for the most part so far IMO. Pellissier from BSS also made that observation on twitter and I was happy to agree.
    What's this? A post not disparaging Gordon?

You must be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    What's this? A post not disparaging Gordon?

You must be lost.
    Honestly I have made a big turn-around on Gordon. I am happy with his attitude and willingness to work hard/keep his head down. Yeah his shooting needs improve but other than that I am fine with him. this year...

Actually Gordon has looked much better to me defensively than in the past. He looks like he has regained some of his quickness.

Why do people say quickness instead of just speed?

Thread Information