Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Who has league pass and can make gifs? think it was around 7:23 mark in the 4th, diaw sets a screen and tries to chop Gordon in the neck with his elbow as he runs pass, dirty.
    I didn't catch that, but there was a play in the 3rd when somebody went low on Reke when he went up for a dunk.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    On a less frustrating note, Da Throne has been suspiciously absent to start this season. Did he just go ahead and finally fully convert to the Detroit Pistons or did something happen?

I know Drummond is having a monster season averaging 10, 10 and 5 a game....10 points, 10 rebounds and 5 fouls. But you would think he would check in from time to time.
    Oh he did for about 1 day after the Memphis loss. Tried taking it as an opportunity to bash the team. He hasn't reappeared since we won in Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hey, Kawaii is a max guy. And he won't be getting that contract due to his play in the finals. Not that it matters what he did in the finals. People here would be falling over backwards to find a way to get him here on a max contract.
    So is Gordon Hayward. Max contracts are overrated.

I think the consensus is that most people here would actually prefer a 3&D.

That few shots for AD in the 4th is sad. We have poor men's Russell Westbrook playing Russell Westbrook to Ad's KD.
    AD had the ball multiple times but turned it over 2 or 3 times in the 4th as well.

We tried to feed him quiet a bit especially after Duncan went out. They were defending him well except of course the game winner.

And when Manu popped the ball out from Asik he was standing on the out of bounds line, and I'm sure that wouldn't have been looked at had they scored.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    So is Gordon Hayward. Max contracts are overrated.

I think the consensus is that most people here would actually prefer a 3&D.
    Prefer a 3&D to Leonard? I like Leonard and in a world where Hayward and Parsons gets a max, he will too.

Wait, your saying Leonard is comparable to Hayward?

How long have you been smoking reefer?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Prefer a 3&D to Leonard?
    I don't think that was the right preposition...

Prefer a 3&D to Leonard? I like Leonard and in a world where Hayward and Parsons gets a max, he will too.
    Prefer a 3&D on a reasonable contract to Leonard on a max deal. And I wrote in my original post that he'll get the max, albeit undeserved.

But we've won 3 of our 5 4th qtrs this season. . .
    No we haven't. We have lost the fourth to the Grizzlies, Mavs and Spurs. We lucked out tonight but frankly didn't deserve to win this game based on our play down the stretch. The two games we won was by a combined 4 points in the fourth quarter compared to our competitors. And our percentages seem to take a drop as well.

The biggest surprise is our strong third quarter play after the first game but we have substituted that for poor fourth quarter play.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-08-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Wait, how does Leonard not deserve it? Is this like reporters saying AD is the MVP after 5 games?

No we haven't. We have lost the fourth to the Grizzlies, Mavs and Spurs. We lucked out tonight but frankly didn't deserve to win this game based on our play down the stretch.

The biggest surprise is our strong third quarter play after the first game but we have substituted that for poor fourth quarter play.
    We didn't deserve the win?!?! GTFO

Wait, how does Leonard not deserve it? Is this like reporters saying AD is the MVP after 5 games?
    I don't think he's capable of the offensive production required to carry a team night in and night out. I feel that being finals MVP upped his value substantially, despite the above claim.

Feel free to disagree.

We didn't deserve the win?!?! GTFO
    We played like absolute crap down the stretch. Outscored by 9 points, played like boneheads and made stupid decisions. Bad coaching, bad individual decisions, poor overall defense, poor offensive IQ and inefficient basketball. Even after Jrues brilliant block we lost defensive focus(namely evans who just wandered to the arc when his guy, Leonard, the Finals MVP, was going in for the rebound) and allowed Kawhi basically a wide open floater to try and win the game. Thankfully Asik helped to the best of his ability.

Evans should be crucified for that defensive effort on a critical play but because of the win people want to ignore it and silence any critics of the performance.

I am and never will be one of those fair weather fans that refuses to criticize my team when we win, especially when the negative trends of our team are glaringly obvious.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-08-2014 at 10:35 PM.

We played like absolute crap down the stretch. Outscored by 9 points, played like boneheads and made stupid decisions. Bad coaching, bad individual decisions, poor overall defense, poor offensive IQ and inefficient basketball.
    While all the above is true, AD making a GW shot to win the game is proof enough that we deserved it.

We played like absolute crap down the stretch. Outscored by 9 points, played like boneheads and made stupid decisions. Bad coaching, bad individual decisions, poor overall defense, poor offensive IQ and inefficient basketball.

I am and never will be one of those fair weather fans that refuses to criticize my team when we win, especially when the negative trends of our team are glaringly obvious.
    Fair weather has nothing to do with it. We were on the road against the Champions. Did you expect them to roll over? Combined that with bad calls by the ref we fought hard and deserved the W.

You want to be a sour puss after this great game? Nah man. This was a GREAT victory.

We didn't play like crap. Parker was basically given a free pass to travel and Duncan was pushing so hard that his arms were fully extended multiple times

Fair weather has nothing to do with it. We were on the road against the Champions. Did you expect them to roll over? Combined that with bad calls by the ref we fought hard and deserved the W.

You want to be a sour puss after this great game? Nah man. This was a GREAT victory.
    Read my edit. If you have the game DVR'd go rewatch that final possession. Evans absolutely ****ed up on that play by ignoring Leonard and doing whatever the heck it was he did walking out to the arc while his man went in and got that rebound.

Parker traveled? It looked like we gave him cart Blanche on every one of his shots.

We played a good game tonight, but there are still aspects to clean up. Evans still needs to clean a lot of stuff up, but if he can do that, we can roll.

Read my edit. If you have the game DVR'd go rewatch that final possession. Evans absolutely ****ed up on that play by ignoring Leonard and doing whatever the heck it was he did walking out to the arc while his man went in and got that rebound.
    Enjoy your night.

No
    It was a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT Victory
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    We didn't play like crap. Parker was basically given a free pass to travel and Duncan was pushing so hard that his arms were fully extended multiple times
    We got away with a few as well(Rivers walk comes to mind) but I do agree they had there share of cheap plays that went uncalled. That still doesnt excuse the fourth quarter performance and more importantly coaching down the stretch.

Davis has been our best fourth quarter starter and yet is either or least or second least used fourth quarter player. This offensive strategy and lack of focus on the other end needs to change.

Coaching is bad when you lose a lead, but not good when you build it. Got it.

Oh, and when can we ever give the opposition credit? Those Spurs reserves came in with crazy energy and fresh legs and got some buckets. We missed some shots.

If a team plays great for 45 mins and has a hiccup for 3, I tend to give the coach a thumbs up. Takes time for players to learn to win. Monty didn't make Jrue drive into traffic with no plan or make AD drop a pass, or make the ref call a BS foul on a three after Danny Green pimp slapped Gordon down.

Some lines of reasoning just get old after a while. Yes, critique. But give some freakin credit too.
    @mcnamara247

Yeah, if you can't take pleasure in a win like this, I doubt many things in life make you happy.

Holy ****.
    Some ppl are never happy.
    Enjoy a rare win against the Spurs.

The Pel's played well tonight.
    Probably the most complete game they have played this early season.

Thread Information