Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Beasting for Clippers Highlights

Eric Gordon Beasting for Clippers Highlights

Dude used to personify fearlessness. There was NO ONE he wouldn't dunk on. In fact I see a lot of Chris Paul level craftiness and first step here.

Maybe one day soon he can get back to this level.

Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 11-11-2014 at 08:25 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I think it's time we faced some facts, the chances are he's never getting back to that level. Once the injuries piled up, so did that "fearlessness" mentality. Probably too afraid of getting hurt now to get back to what he used to be.

I didn't realise he had the whole repitoire: dunks, step backs, fadeways, threes, layups, everything.

Shadow of that right now

Man! I can't believe that cat's not an MVP candidate. He made EVERY shot he took in that video. Makes me wonder why we didn't offer him an even bigger contract two summers ago. What a bargain he is at $14.5 million per season!!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Maybe one day he won't be awful is more appropriate.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Man! I can't believe that cat's not an MVP candidate. He made EVERY shot he took in that video. Makes me wonder why we didn't offer him an even bigger contract two summers ago. What a bargain he is at $14.5 million per season!!
    I can tell you're being sarcastic, but I'm unsure as to what point you're trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    It's a highlight video. Of course he made every shot :P

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    And oozed swag with every make.

Today's Gordon has 0 swag and always looks like the shortest guy on court.

I know it' way after the fact, but what kind of surgery did Gordon have on his knee? Did it turn out to be micro-fracture?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    And oozed swag with every make.

Today's Gordon has 0 swag and always looks like the shortest guy on court.
    Much as I've come to hate that word (means lime green Chuck Taylors are ok?), that is his main problem. Even had it his first few seasons here. Now it's all gone.

I remember he made Danny Green his whipping boy a game here against the Spurs. Now he doesn't even attempt those moves or those mid range shots. Just grabs the ball and goes charging into the lane like a dummy.

Just shows how mental this game is.

He doesn't have the athletic ability anymore, I just wish his jump shot was more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I can tell you're being sarcastic, but I'm unsure as to what point you're trying to make.
    It's sarcasm mixed with frustration. The frustration is the fact that Gordon's contract restricts the team's ability to improve the roster and move forward. I can understand Dell's matching the Phoenix offer. I don't particularly care for it, but I understand it. And it's all things "Gordon" that have been hashed and rehashed on this site to the point we've all pretty much had our fill of it. I want the guy to do well, for his sake and for the sake of the team. But I also wish he'd move on after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Yeah, I get that, hence the sarcasm.
    While I hadn't seen Gordon at his NBA best and was kinda surprised by the explosiveness he showed in that video, I haven't seen any of that vertical explosiveness since his knee surgery. It looks like he's a little quicker this season, but it's hard to tell for sure.

I think this video shows its clear that Gordon simply isn't the same player. He had more dunks in any one season with the clippers than he has had COMBINED here.

His jump shot and all of that stuff is basically the same. He just doesn't have the athleticism anymore. It looks like the first injury wasn't necessarily what did it either. In his 9 games that first year he had basically the same amount of dunks as the next two seasons.

Apparently whatever happened when he just continued to have pain and had to sit out early that 2nd season was the nail in his athletic coffin.

It's a shame really. If he could have come back healthy our team would be really, really solid. Sadly, we got stoudemire'd and Gordon just isn't the same.

I just can't stand his whiny face. Someone should show him a picture of his face after he gets called for a foul... its as horrendous as his play has been

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    I just can't stand his whiny face. Someone should show him a picture of his face after he gets called for a foul... its as horrendous as his play has been
    i have no idea what kind of face you're talking about.... also, can he still touch the rim?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    i have no idea what kind of face you're talking about.... also, can he still touch the rim?
    He does it about 5 times a year. . . Or 1/8th he used to for the clippers.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quite possibly the most underrated post.....ever

I was a big gordon fan all the way back to his IU days. He was well on his way to being an all star in this league but injuries have absolutely killed the athleticism that allowed him to be explosive. He isn't getting back to that level in this life time. Hopefully he can get back to being better than average, so we can get rid of him lol

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    i have no idea what kind of face you're talking about....
    nicely done.

Was so excited when we got this guy initially.

A 22 year old, 22+ PPG scorer who was highly explosive on the offensive end, and tenacious on the defensive end.

Then he bumps his knee in his first game here and is never the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post

A 22 year old, 22+ PPG scorer who was highly explosive on the offensive end, and tenacious on the defensive end.

It really is wild. I remember it like it was yesterday. Nobody was really able to pinpoint what play it actually was. And that was the beginning of the end.

It's just sad really!

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post

That knee bump kind of got us Anthony Davis.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    i have no idea what kind of face you're talking about....

Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-11-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Thread Information