Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: It was fun while it lasted for Jimmer...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Stop putting Gordon in your argument because Jimmer has literally done nothing compared to what Gordon has in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Stop putting Gordon in your argument because Jimmer has literally done nothing compared to what Gordon has in the NBA.
    And Jabari Parker has done nothing in the NBA yet either, are you ready to start Gordon over Parker? Not comparing Jimmer to Parker. Just saying, that argument is utterly absurd.

Banned
    Well he played 18 in the first game and the sky didn't fall.

All-Star
    This thread is getting more and more ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    Except that Jimmer has done plenty, at least defensively over the first 2 games. And he did plenty in preseason. So yes, he has earned it in "a game". It's Rivers and Gordon who hasn't done anything in a game yet.
    This post tells me everything I need to know about Jimmer fans. One bad one, I'm fine with still trying to reason with others and talk sense. But once you get a few. Nah man, I'm good.

I'd rather argue with DT. Just make sure to keep your crying to Jimmer threads. Don't pollute a Pels board with your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    We're having a conversation about an NBA player on the Pelicans. I'm sorry the bandwidth and disk space used for that conversation is offending you.

Actually, I'm not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Utes hate Jimmer...we all know that

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This post tells me everything I need to know about Jimmer fans. One bad one, I'm fine with still trying to reason with others and talk sense. But once you get a few. Nah man, I'm good.

I'd rather argue with DT. Just make sure to keep your crying to Jimmer threads. Don't pollute a Pels board with your agenda.
    And I've stated nothing that isn't true. You asked if he earned it in "a game" and I named a few.

I'm "polluting" the board. LOL. So if it's a thread you don't agree with, it's "polluting". Got it.

And Jabari Parker has done nothing in the NBA yet either, are you ready to start Gordon over Parker? Not comparing Jimmer to Parker. Just saying, that argument is utterly absurd.
    Parker is 19 years old, a rookie, and was just taken with the #2 overall pick. Are we really playing this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Well he played 18 in the first game and the sky didn't fall.
    You right. Because it was a blow out. He also went 0-6 in that game.

Parker is 19 years old, a rookie, and was just taken with the #2 overall pick. Are we really playing this game?
    But he hasn't done anything in the NBA yet, so based on your statement, Gordon has earned playing time, Parker has not. Is that not what you said?

Anyway, I think this thread is done. Nobody has brought an decent argument to discount anything the OP has said other than trolling posts.

Onto game 3...
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 11-03-2014 at 04:03 PM.

This threat title had me nervous, I thought we had released Jimmer Gillet.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I've beat this horse over and over and over again, trying to explain the bias toward him. How a guy like Marcus Thornton can play 30+ min a game for an entire season averaging 5 pts a night, or watch DJ Augustine and everyone else go cold 3 games in a row during the playoffs (when they desperately needed shooters), or, more recently, Gordon going in and shooting bricks...all to watch Jimmer sit on the bench. This isn't about stats or defense or anything else "on the court". There's really no way to argue for that based on the evidence.

I think Jimmer's biggest problem is his character. His nice guy personality doesn't fit with the NBA bad boy image. I think a lot of people see him as a boy in a man's league, no matter how he plays. I'm not going to use the "R" word, because I think it's well beyond that. When the going gets tough, you put the tough guy in - it's basic human nature. Jimmer doesn't fit the tough guy mold so he sits on the bench while the "men" play.

I mean every time there's a thread about Jimmer, you get the obligatory dorky dancing gif (queue...3...2...1...). That tells you a lot about how people see him.

I've been saying for a while that if Jimmer wants to stay in the league, he needs to drop the nice guy image. He needs to get a little more selfish in the game, talk a little more smack, and overall become more of a bad-***. I don't know if that's even possible with his Mormon faith, but I think it's necessary if he's to be taken seriously. I mean, it's not like other players of his faith haven't done it. Look at guys like Steve Young and Danny Ainge, and up-and-coming Jabari Parker. They all get tons of respect. And I think it's because they leave the pretty boy image outside the gym doorstep.
    I wish you would take out the fact that you're a Jimmer fan.....I like Jimmer as well, but I'm realistic about his role on this team....Dell and Monty like him....but the bottom line he has to produce when he gets his chance......He didn't the first game...but I doubt if they bury him on the bench................RELAX.........

But he hasn't done anything in the NBA yet, so based on your statement, Gordon has earned playing time, Parker has not. Is that not what you said?

Anyway, I think this thread is done. Nobody has brought an decent argument to discount anything the OP has said other than trolling posts.

Onto game 3...
    No it's not what I said. Parker is 3 games into his career, Jimmer is 4 years in and has had enough time to become a 30mpg starter like so many think he should be.

The decent argument is that he's a bench player. There are going to be games where a bench player doesn't play much. Stop crying.

/end argument

And I've stated nothing that isn't true. You asked if he earned it in "a game" and I named a few.

I'm "polluting" the board. LOL. So if it's a thread you don't agree with, it's "polluting". Got it.
    Yes you have. You are asking that we bench our 15m dollar player and a guy who has been in our system for 3 years to give minutes to a guy who had one training camp with us, after 2 games into the season. You are claiming Gordon and Rivers haven't provided anything, yet Jimmer somehow has when he is shooting 0% for the season.

I tried to give hope. I tried to talk reason and said just be cool and let some time pass. I tried to point out that Jimmer was one of only 3 bench guys who got minutes last game. I tried to point to only having 27 minutes to go around between all bench positions last game.

I actually liked the Jimmer signing, but the raving fans have turned me. Good job. If everyone would just be ******* cool and chill out about some mystery agenda we would be fine. But that's apparently impossible.

That's how it goes for Rivers and Gordon apparently. We're just asking for Jimmer to get the same treatment..
    That's not how it works. Rivers and Gordon have been here long enough to build up trust with Monty. Marcus Thornton was even more controversial than Jimmer ever could be because he was a local kid that was exciting on offense, but he just never did what Monty wanted, or the way Monty wanted and he got traded.

If nobody's playing defense, it's a bad coaching move to single someone out like that.
    Going with what Monty knows and trusts doesn't mean he's singling out Jimmer, he's just going with who he thinks will give him the best chance to win.

I think his off the ball / team defense is where most criticism lies. That's what Monty has talked about, "lack of communication" and "missed assignments".
    That's kind of a big deal with Monty. One of his comments from the post practice interview Sunday was that played a role in the poor first half defense. You just need to be patient. Again, Morrow didn't earn Monty's trust until a good bit into the season. Rivers hasn't been blowing us away, so I'm sure Jimmer will get his opportunities, he just needs to be patient and ready when the time comes.

This is a joke thread, right? Right guys?

Last edited by SeaLegs; 11-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.

2 games in... I haven't read the thread, but I just had to say - we're two games into the season!
    omfg
    I have no strong opinions pro or con in regards to Jimmer, but you Jimmer fans are starting to make me "hate" him by proxy.

A gif thread is a much better use of this thread.

I think Pierre is biased against Withey and has advised Monty against playing him. It's obvious, since Davis and Asik are eating up all his well-deserved minutes. Withey is taller than Davis and faster than Asik. There can't possibly be a reason fpr this atrocity! Somebody must explain why! Now!

We are 2 games into the season.....there are still 80 games left to play and hopefully we will be playing in more than 80. Jimmer can still hit the 3 at a high level and that's something we need off the bench. Davis himself said that we "really aren't even running the things that we are supposed to be doing right now". It's very early in the season, good God.
    This. Rotations are suddenly concrete after two games? Talk about overreacting.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Maybe we could trade him for Kobe. The Lakers probabl can see how great Jimmer is

Banned
    I agree that while it is fun to speculate, we really don't know how this season will play out. If he doesn't play it isn't a conspiracy.

jimmer sucks

Thread Information