Game Thread: Pelicans (1-1) Vs. Grizzlies (3-0) 7pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

VS.

@

Starters

Pelicans

VS.

Grizzlies

Game Preview

Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 11-03-2014 at 11:59 AM.

1-6

Curious to see who the Grizz put Tony Allen on. I hope they waste him on Gordon and then Tyreke just goes off against Prince
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Curious to see who the Grizz put Tony Allen on. I hope they waste him on Gordon and then Tyreke just goes off against Prince
    I'm pretty sure they put him on Reke once they see Reke doing most of the ball handling. I also think we will see a lot of the "Big" lineup since the Grizz has the ghost of Tayshuan Prince starting.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 11-03-2014 at 10:11 AM.

That would only force Reke to take shots from outside, no?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pace will be key. Memphis can't keep up if we run. In the half court, AD should dominant whoever they put on him. Guards hit their shots tonight and this could be a blowout. I hate being this optimistic, but I try to try to envision how we lose this game and all the ways seem kind of far fetched.

this will be very tough

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    this will be very tough
    Let me know if you still think it will after reading this

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...l-it-continue/

Let me know if you still think it will after reading this

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...l-it-continue/
    we will need to use our speed. if their bigs make it a slow paced game they will have a good advantage. big test for that front court

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    we will need to use our speed. if their bigs make it a slow paced game they will have a good advantage. big test for that front court
    We have beaten up on the Grizz with far inferior front courts in the past two years. Sometimes, a team is just a great matchup for another team.

I think the Grizz are a solid team, but we match up well with them. Lesser teams will give us more problems than the Grizz do. I expect to sweep them this year

We have beaten up on the Grizz with far inferior front courts in the past two years. Sometimes, a team is just a great matchup for another team.

I think the Grizz are a solid team, but we match up well with them. Lesser teams will give us more problems than the Grizz do. I expect to sweep them this year
    let's hope so. winning in memphis is never easy. scoring will be their problem I feel this year.they depend a lot on conley

I like the optimistic view of the article. Last year we could have beat them had somebody been able to buy a bucket, and that just speaks to how well we match up with them. The one caveat to all of this is not having a reproduction of Saturday night. I'm not saying Memphis is Dallas. I am saying we shoot ourselves in the foot and play to much hero ball (not even giving AD more than 1 touch in the 4th), all of our pluses will turn to negatives and we will lose. With luck we learned from Saturday night, and will not make the same mistake.

I wonder what bench guys will get some run tonight. And I wonder how long the bench will be run tonight. Monty is still trying to craft out his rotations, so we could see a good bench unit or a gawd awful bench unit.

I doubled my Twitter followers after Marc stein said Klay should get player of the week and I told him if he doesn't give it to AD he is doing something wrong. So I'm amped for the game!

Also, if AD puts up a 25-15-3 stat line it will be he first recorded time a player has ever done that 3 games in a row to start the season.

The Grizz aren't playing Prince much this season. Only 36 minutes total. They'll probably be using a mix of Tony Allen, Pondexter, and Courtney Lee at that position, instead. Maybe even some old man Vince.

I think that actually improves their chances of winning a lot because three of those guys are better scorers and at least three are better defenders against the players they will be matching up against tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The Grizz aren't playing Prince much this season. Only 36 minutes total. They'll probably be using a mix of Tony Allen, Pondexter, and Courtney Lee at that position, instead. Maybe even some old man Vince.

I think that actually improves their chances of winning a lot because three of those guys are better scorers and at least three are better defenders against the players they will be matching up against tonight.
    Lee is out with a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Lee is out with a concussion
    Sucks for him, buy good for us!

I don't see how this team scores more than 90 points against us. Their only iso-scorer can get swallowed up by AD and Jrue systematically owns Mike Conley. Asik was brought in specifically for dudes like Gasol. Where are the points gonna come from?

Pace will be key. Memphis can't keep up if we run. In the half court, AD should dominant whoever they put on him. Guards hit their shots tonight and this could be a blowout. I hate being this optimistic, but I try to try to envision how we lose this game and all the ways seem kind of far fetched.
    Not far fetched at all. They can lose this game the same way this team will lose many games this year...lack of preparation and mental lapses. Same way they lost to Dallas. that's all it takes to lose to a veteran team not likely to beat themselves.

Since they lost a winnable game 2 days ago, I'm hoping they play focused and are better prepared.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Time to start out right on the road and come away with the W.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Time to start out right on the road and come away with the W.
    If the Pels execute on both ends, hit free throws, and keep turnovers to a minimum.... they beat a whole lot of people....a whole lot....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

All-Star
    We must play with a high pace, AD will dominate his opponent, but Asik is the key against that kind of phisical team.
    They dont throw lobs to Jordan/Chandler type of center, and Asik is a great defender against other physical Bigs and when he can leave him on the other side of the rim and play help defense without risking the lob pass.

Holiday/Conley is a good match up to watch also

The 3 Big line up can be really good if they play with allen/Q-Pon/Prince on the wing since they are a none factor in offense and will be overpower on the low block by Ryno.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    If the Pels execute on both ends, hit free throws, and keep turnovers to a minimum.... they beat a whole lot of people....a whole lot....
    Sure hope you're right

Maybe Babbitt will get some minutes now.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

A beard ache? J/k. I hope everything is okay
    Last edited by ramsters60; 11-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Thread Information