Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: SICK OF WATCHING RIVERS

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Yup. Rivers was essentially a college kid amongst pros but he's NBA ready now. If the team keeps developing chemistry he's gonna do well as the first guard off the bench.

And just in time for that new contract.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    And just in time for that new contract.
    Good thing we accepted that extra ye. . .oh right.

Sadly if he does well and we re-sign him you can kiss good bye to the KD dream. If we don't resign him we are back to looking for new bench help.

Go Team!

When Gordon leaves Rivers will be perfectly developed by then to slide in the starting shooting guard role and give us one of the most dangerous backcourts having Jrue/Rivers/Reke gives you 3 guys that can play point guard any day of the week. Holiday is an all star while Tyreke is a triple double waiting to happen anygiven night. I believe by the time Gordon is gone Rivers will be everything we need. Rivers can turn into a great defender already being very good, he is becoming a very good rebounder, starting to have a feel and vision for he game like a point guard, and developing a shot is key and will make him deadly. He needed to add strength and weight which he has to grow from a kid when we drafted him to a man. I love having Tyreke at the SF position and starting especially with the 3 pointer he has seemed to develop. We will have a starting lineup that will be a force for the next decade with how young they are. We can continue to build a dominant bench by developing draft picks and key FA pick ups. We know we have one of the greatest 6th men in the league with Anderson to build around. If picks like Darius Miller and Russ Smith can develop we are a championship team. Also people count Monty out way to quickly like he can't learn and become a better coach. He is so young and learning everyday he wakes up. Being a top coach with team USA can only help and grow him into what we all hope he will become.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-04-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Great game tonight Austin. meanwhile Eric Gordon continues to steal money.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm sick of watching Joan Rivers. I'd rather watch more Austin Rivers

Rivers will leave before Gordon. Gordon has a contract to play here next year, Rivers doesn't.

Rivers will leave before Gordon. Gordon has a contract to play here next year, Rivers doesn't.
    Nah man, some sources told me he may opt out

I'm not sure if I'd call Jrue all star level, still takes too many bonehead shots.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    *cums*

Well then I would run with those sources. They are clearly infallible.

Well then I would run with those sources. They are clearly infallible.
    Most May say that sources can because unreliable, but Many Might agree with this one's opinion on what Matters Most.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    When Gordon leaves Rivers will be perfectly developed by then to slide in the starting shooting guard role and give us one of the most dangerous backcourts having Jrue/Rivers/Reke gives you 3 guys that can play point guard any day of the week. Holiday is an all star while Tyreke is a triple double waiting to happen anygiven night. I believe by the time Gordon is gone Rivers will be everything we need. Rivers can turn into a great defender already being very good, he is becoming a very good rebounder, starting to have a feel and vision for he game like a point guard, and developing a shot is key and will make him deadly. He needed to add strength and weight which he has to grow from a kid when we drafted him to a man. I love having Tyreke at the SF position and starting especially with the 3 pointer he has seemed to develop. We will have a starting lineup that will be a force for the next decade with how young they are. We can continue to build a dominant bench by developing draft picks and key FA pick ups. We know we have one of the greatest 6th men in the league with Anderson to build around. If picks like Darius Miller and Russ Smith can develop we are a championship team. Also people count Monty out way to quickly like he can't learn and become a better coach. He is so young and learning everyday he wakes up. Being a top coach with team USA can only help and grow him into what we all hope he will become.
    Rivers played good tonight but he still has a ways to go before I consider him a starting guard on a championship caliber team, which is what we are trying to build.

If he can play like this consistently and learn to spread the ball around a little better he can be a very good role player for us.

Evans is still better suited to play guard. And in the same lineup as Jrue and Evans, Rivers still isn't consistent enough with his jumpshot to play the Gordon role on offense(which amounts to lots of offball play, spot up shooting and occasional drive and drive and kick). Having Evans on guys like Kawhi Leonard and Durant in the playoffs is not a winning formula. Honestly what this team needs is a Trevor Ariza. A great 3 and D veteran guy who can allow Evans and Jrue to share PG duties and knock down their drive and kicks.

Most May say that sources can because unreliable, but Many Might agree with this one's opinion on what Matters Most.
    mm mm mm...mm?

Gordon will be dumped as an expiring for nothing before we let Rivers walk. No way Rivers leaves and I think he has humbled a lot realizing he needed to improve and earn his minutes which he has. Rivers has been so unselfish and bought into the program not once complaining about time which is nice to see in this day and age. Monty is a father figure and very close to Doc. The direction this team is going in he will want to stay and be a winner along with the organization feeling the same way about him.

mm mm mm...mm?
    Are you humming?

Where did you get all of that from?

Who knows how long Monty will be here?

Are you humming?
    Mmmm, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd call Jrue all star level, still takes too many bonehead shots.
    16 points 9 assist 0 turnovers.....Damn what else you want

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    16 points 9 assist 0 turnovers.....Damn what else you want
    Steph Curry

Steph Curry

Now that's an All Star!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Rivers played good tonight but he still has a ways to go before I consider him a starting guard on a championship caliber team, which is what we are trying to build.

If he can play like this consistently and learn to spread the ball around a little better he can be a very good role player for us.

Evans is still better suited to play guard. And in the same lineup as Jrue and Evans, Rivers still isn't consistent enough with his jumpshot to play the Gordon role on offense(which amounts to lots of offball play, spot up shooting and occasional drive and drive and kick). Having Evans on guys like Kawhi Leonard and Durant in the playoffs is not a winning formula. Honestly what this team needs is a Trevor Ariza. A great 3 and D veteran guy who can allow Evans and Jrue to share PG duties and knock down their drive and kicks.
    This, exactly. Replace Gordon in the starting lineup with a 3 and D SF, keep Rivers in the 2nd unit, that's a good looking team.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Yes I agree with exactly what you said on Rivers but with his youth and the inprovement he has made leaves me with no doubt he will become a starting caliber guard on a championship team. If not starting then one of the more deadly players off the bench in the league. Look at guys like Danny Green and what he has done. Patty Mills and just about everyone on the Spurs including Belinelli. Players can improve and a lot as Leonard into a semi superstar talent. Am I saying Rivers is the next Leonard or Paul George? No but he has potential just as they did to make huge leaps like he has already. Our lineup with Evans at SF with 3 capable guys handling the ball at an elite level will give teams problems just like they give us. Evans is as tall and long as Leonard and Iguodala who both play the 3 at an elite defensive level. I think Evans under Monty can turn into a very good if not great defender by buying in and hard work. He has the heigh and length. You can't use 1 player in Durant on why he can't do it because beating them involves a team playing D together.

Where did you get all of that from?

Who knows how long Monty will be here?
    I got that information from the same place you got that Rivers was just going to leave. If we have a very good season Monty and Dell are going nowhere. we didn't draft Rivers with the 10th pick to just say bye when his contract comes up. They perfectly knew he needed to be developed and maybe more than what they expected but he is doing everything they could possibly ask of him.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    This, exactly. Replace Gordon in the starting lineup with a 3 and D SF, keep Rivers in the 2nd unit, that's a good looking team.
    I am not opposed to this at all. I also believe Reke can continue at the 3 with Rivers at the 2 while developing and adding key role players to the bench through draft, FA, and what we have.

Thread Information