Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SICK OF WATCHING RIVERS

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Jimmer> Rivers. The front office is going to give Rivers every chance to succeed so until he gets hurt or traded he is going to continue to play.
    Cry me a Jimmer.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Cry me a Jimmer.
    It isn't crying. Rivers gets a lot of minutes and has ever since he was drafted. There is no explanation for this as he has been bad and hasn't really shown any signs of growth.

Nice rebuttal. Very insightful and useful to the board.
    Ok, here's my rebuttal. The front office isn't going to give Rivers every chance to succeed. You know how I know? Because they declined his 4th year option and if he puts up another turd of a season he'll be gone. If they were going to give him every chance to succeed, he would have been picked up. Jimmer has 1 point off of a FT this season, was declined (just like Rivers) and hasn't earned the few minutes he's gotten based off of the regular season alone.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

my question is, really it took 3 seasons to see he is not even an nba player?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ok, here's my rebuttal. The front office isn't going to give Rivers every chance to succeed. You know how I know? Because they declined his 4th year option and if he puts up another turd of a season he'll be gone. If they were going to give him every chance to succeed, he would have been picked up. Jimmer has 1 point off of a FT this season, was declined (just like Rivers) and hasn't earned the few minutes he's gotten based off of the regular season alone.
    Do you honestly believe that Rivers is a better player than Jimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    my question is, really it took 3 seasons to see he is not even an nba player?
    Not all players show their potential at the same time. Years 1 and 2 are guarantee'd and last year i didn't really think it was time to quit on him as he improved a bit. The real question is, why did we supposedly try our hardest to not include him in a trade for Asik if we were going to decline his deal? The only thing i can think of is Houston didn't want him. I'm still not sold on the trashing (and thrashing) he gets on this board. I thought he played ok last night, he just not really a shot maker.

Do you honestly believe that Rivers is a better player than Jimmer?
    I think they're both D+ players at best and Rivers can handle the ball a little better which is why he logs more backup pg mins.

SICK OF WATCHING RIVERS

It isn't crying. Rivers gets a lot of minutes and has ever since he was drafted. There is no explanation for this as he has been bad and hasn't really shown any signs of growth.
    Please don't act like you know the Pels. This statement shows how little you have followed them.

Monty was trying to win the game and went with who he thought would give him the best shot. The sooner Jimmer fans accept that the sooner we will get along.

These kind of threads are ridiculous 2 games into the season.

Pelicans

Please don't act like you know the Pels. This statement shows how little you have followed them.

Monty was trying to win the game and went with who he thought would give him the best shot. The sooner Jimmer fans accept that the sooner we will get along.
    thank you for telling him this... since when has rivers gotten minutes before this year??? hes barely played, and only did because of the injuries weve had, starting the 2012 year, coming on late in 2013, now hes actually playing in a defined role and has done a solid job so far for a 2 game sample size.. guys its way to early to give up on him, hes playing for a new contract this year, and maybe his ceiling is only a backup pg in this league, that may be, and yes... it would clearly say we missed on drafting him that high, but the past is the past, and let's try to develop rivers into something we can use instead of crying about where he was drafted and his development to this point, we need to think of him as a backup and only a backup, not as the potential he had as a starter when drafted number 10 overall.... get it together guys... btw russ smith is the contingency plan imo....if rivers doesnt develop into what we need or want, well let him move on and try to develop russ in that same spot, and being a second rounder, a backup spot is a good place for him to try to get into the regular rotation as... rivers was doomed in a lot of pelicans fans minds the second he struggled to start 2012, and more than likely hindered his development thus far... he shouldve never been asked to start that early in his career..
    Last edited by Pelicans25_ZERO; 11-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.

All-Star

Please don't read more into my posts than what I say in the post.

As for Monty.......he is not above questioning.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans25_ZERO View Post
    thank you for telling him this... since when has rivers gotten minutes before this year???
    He has averaged almost 22 minutes a game for his career.

SICK OF WATCHING RIVERS

Please don't read more into my posts than what I say in the post.

As for Monty.......he is not above questioning.
    Then don't pretend to be something you are not. You aren't a Pels fan and so starting this Jimmer nonsense 2 games in makes your agenda clear. Especially when Jimmer STUNK in his main appearance so far.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-02-2014 at 07:49 PM.

All-Star
    Then don't pretend to be something you are not. You aren't a Pels fan and so calling for Jimmer 2 games in makes your agenda clear. Especially when Jimmer STUNK in his main appearance so far.
    I have never pretended to be a Pels fan. I am a Jazz fan and a Jimmer fan. I am also a big fan of the NBA. Thinking that Jimmer is better than Rivers really isn't so crazy. Jimmer is statistically a better player and outplayed Rivers in the pre season. It isn't some crazy Jimmermania that leads to my opinion. I am also not the only person that suggested that Jimmer play more than 4 minutes last night.

Why does this conversation feel familiar? Like I saw this on the Kings fans board.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsnbucs1987 View Post
    Why does this conversation feel familiar? Like I saw this on the Kings fans board.
    You are mistaken. Rivers never player for the Kings.....

SICK OF READING THREAD TITLES IN ALL CAPS.

I have never pretended to be a Pels fan. I am a Jazz fan and a Jimmer fan. I am also a big fan of the NBA. Thinking that Jimmer is better than Rivers really isn't so crazy. Jimmer is statistically a better player and outplayed Rivers in the pre season. It isn't some crazy Jimmermania that leads to my opinion. I am also not the only person that suggested that Jimmer play more than 4 minutes last night.
    You sure are speaking about the Pels from previous seasons as if you knew what was going on with the team.

All-Star
    You sure are speaking about the Pels from previous seasons as if you knew what was going on with the team.
    Uh, I cheer for a western conference team. I like Anthony Davis also like the Pelicans. The stats are all available to anyone, not just Pels fans. Sorry if you think I was trying to pretend to be a Pels fan. I wasn't.

Uh, I cheer for a western conference team. I like Anthony Davis also like the Pelicans. The stats are all available to anyone, not just Pels fans. Sorry if you think I was trying to pretend to be a Pels fan. I wasn't.
    You still don't understand what I'm saying. That's fine. I don't really care to continue. Believe what you want.

You are mistaken. Rivers never player for the Kings.....
    I know Rivers never played for the Kings. What I'm talking about was the Jimmer vs. Reke debates that always happened, then Jimmer vs. Thorton, then Jimmer vs. Thomas. All those debates kept going and going.

All-Star
    You still don't understand what I'm saying. That's fine. I don't really care to continue. Believe what you want.
    I think I understand it. My opinion doesn't count because I don't cheer for the Pels to win......

I think I understand it. My opinion doesn't count because I don't cheer for the Pels to win......
    Bingo.

The crazies are really ramping up lately huh? Almost makes me missed the days when our team sucked and we had to argue the minute details of Gravy's upside on Hornets247.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Bingo.
    Which is stupid. My opinion is either right or not right but it really doesn't have anything to do with who my team is.

Thread Information