Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Pelicans vs Mavs 11/1/14

without Jrue, our guard combined for the grand total of 6 points.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    How is it possible that Ryno s a good offensive rebounder but bad defensive rebounder?
    Ryno plays on the wings or in midrange on offense. Long rebounds are easier for him to grab and he is less likely to be part of the box out scrum.

On defense he is more likely to be near the rim where he is smallish and unathletic for a big. No advantages there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    What guard depth? Gordon is overpaid trash. Monty had to get him back on the court as fast as he could so he could stink it up some more?
    What guard depth considering we have some of the best. Is Gordon overpaid? Yes but it's not like the guy sucks. His contract doesn't for his current ability or his injury history but to act like he is just a liability shows you don't know basketball. You are mad he came in for Jimmer that is just a joke. I love Jimmer as much as anyone but the guy has barely played in the NBA and for our sake he needs to be a minimal rotation guy that can get hot for us. Gordon is very good but you wanna judge off a half or even a game. Like I said worth the contract no? Gordon or Jimmer on the court? Gordon. This was about Jimmer getting blamed by the way in which I said I didn't see he came in did his job and at a break went to the bench.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-01-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    without Jrue, our guard combined for the grand total of 6 points.
    It's more about what they gave up...

Nelson - 6 points
    Ellis - 9 points
    Barea - 6 points

and about 3 or 4 lobs. Gordon and Tyreke need to step it up on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What guard depth considering we have some of the best. Is Gordon overpaid? Yes but it's not like the guy sucks. His contract doesn't for his current ability or his injury history but to act like he is just a liability shows you don't know basketball. You are mad he came in for Jimmer that is just a joke. I love Jimmer as much as anyone but the guy has barely played I'm the NBA and for our sake he needs to be a minimal rotation guy hay can get hot for us. Gordon is very good but you wanna judge off a half or even a game. Like I said woth the contract no? Gordon or Jommer on the court? Gordon. This was about Joer getting blamed by the way in which I said I didn't see he came in did his job and at a break went to the bench.
    Blah blah blah, more bull**** excuses. 17 min of 0 for 5, turnovers and missed defensive assignments. Get him off the damn court.
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 11-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

AD is getting pissed with this team, which i like to see. He needs to get on their lazy ball play in the locker room. Dude is not having it this year. True leader. Too many nice guys on this team
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Dang Dallas has won 7 straight against the Pelicans?
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 11-01-2014 at 07:17 PM.

This game is weird, the team is playing with no energy (cliché). Defense is terrible, I've seen Rivers jogging around after losing his man, Ryno not even trying to get around a screen, and Gordon is just gets destroyed by screens.

What's going on with Tyreke? He's barely trying to get to the basket and when he does he fumbles it. Gordon's just been terrible. I actually think Jimmer did ok on defense, and Jrue has been the best guard by far.

Mavs are playing good defense, but the Pelicans are just killing themselves on offense. Bad shots, not enough movement, and not hitting open shots.

Blah blah blah, more bull**** excuses. 17 min of 0 for 5, turnovers and missed defensive assignments. Get him off the damn court.
    Haha BS excuses for what? You are making no sense.

Haha BS excuses for what? You are making no sense.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I knew something wasn't right. What happened to David Wesley?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Refs really have taken control of this game in the bad way

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GordONforever.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	5783
    That's the scaries thing I've seen all Halloween

Tyreke can't get to the ring when the other team has a shot blocker.
    This will happen every time we play a team with a shot blocker.

The Pelicans need to figure out how to be effective against zone defense. The starters will be seeing a lot of zone defense this year and need to do a much better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    AD is getting pissed with this team, which i like to see. He needs to get on their lazy ball play in the locker room. Dude is not having it this year. True leader. Too many nice guys on this team
    no joke

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Refs really have taken control of this game in the bad way
    Gotta agree about this, they seem as lazy and sloppy as the Pels

My thoughts:

Negatves:

- Salmons needs to be benched permanately. He has done NOTHING but be a liability in two games. Given up points, done nothing offensively.

- Free throws, how is this a problem??

- We have a number of guards that are supposed to be borderline very good at defense yet they keep getting beat by their man, letting their man get past them for offensive boards. Its pathetic.

- Bad mid range jumpers. Tyreke should never be taking that shot unless the clock is up yet he took two of them.

- Get the HECK back on D!! We should never give up a quick score when we make the shot on the other end!

- Too much isolation and early shots in the shot clock that aren't great looks. Outside of setting picks I just see a lot of bad decisions and no logic going on.

- Monty still struggles with time management. A number of times a timeout and then a go-to set play was needed and yet we just let them keep going on their run.

-At this rate Gordon ain't going anywhere. Get used to it.

Positives:

- Jrue is looking better, after a slow start he looks to be on the incline.

- Davis.

Thats really it I guess. This has been a bad game. Very bad.

Playing this veteran team shows how young and raw we really are. There is a very good team under this poor execution and bad discipline I just hope it clicks sooner then later.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.

People need to understand this is game 2 against a damn good veteran team that got even better this off season. We are young and guys are almost all new playing together we will have some early miscues. Positives are the rotations to me. We also are having a lot of bad breaks with the rim on open looks. We will be ok. The Gordon needs to be benched also needs to stop cause this is basketball slow starts happen.
    I can play Devils advocate and say we are the young and hungry team with something to prove like the Thunder were, but of course we are not because we are just playing inefficient and lazy basketball tonight. The Mavs are shooting 55% on OUR floor? Are you kidding me? This team needs more freaking pride.

Eric Gordon has 2 turnovers and a foul in 17 minutes. And he missed 5 shots. Please score or get an assist or something.

People need to understand this is game 2 against a damn good veteran team that got even better this off season. We are young and guys are almost all new playing together we will have some early miscues. Positives are the rotations to me. We also are having a lot of bad breaks with the rim on open looks. We will be ok. The Gordon needs to be benched also needs to stop cause this is basketball slow starts happen.
    I can play Devils advocate and say we are the young and hungry team with something to prove like the Thunder were, but of course we are not because we are just playing inefficient and lazy basketball tonight. The Mavs are shooting 55% on OUR floor? Are you kidding me? This team needs more freaking pride.

All-Star
    There isn't anybody in the stands.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Tyreke goes in like a damn running back!

Reke trying to take this back.

Thread Information