Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Pelicans vs Mavs 11/1/14

How is it that Gordon only had 6 shots but this loss is on him
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    AD JRUE AND REKE AWESOME

gordon terrible

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    So in an effort to make a comeback, we let Tyreke jack jumper up after jumper? Are u ****ing kidding me?
    "We."

That's on Tyreke. He has to find the shooters. It's what you get when you have low IQ players on the team, and we have a lot. They stuggle in pressure moments.

I hope Kevin Durant isn't watching this game, it might make him reconsider signing here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I think the problem is more we dont have a clear closer yet.
    That is a criticism I would accept. But we don't want a Kobe. That shouldn't be the aim. We need to have an offense in place where we know our roles, we know our teammates strengths, and we have go-to plays that can get us the type of looks we need with the best players in that situation taking that shot.

If we have a hot hand then yeah, go with it, but tonight the closing minutes were drowned in bad shot selection and hero ball. Mostly by Jrue and Evans and to an extent Gordon. Monty needed to cut that **** out quick and find some set plays.

On the positive side, AD posted 31/15.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    So the Pelicans "best play" is to have Tyreke Evans launching 3's and jumpers. What a dumb team.
    Why is Ryno not doing that...or Jimmer...or Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    How is it that Gordon only had 6 shots but this loss is on him

He was absolutely pig awful. He didn't impose himself at all... We pay this guy a f***ing fortune and he throws up bricks and turns the ball over for nothing.

Whilst I'm at it....Asik has concrete gloves on. So clumsy under the rim
    '' We are here!!''

I wish I had never watched that 4th quarter. That was an embarrassment to basketball. 15 points in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    On the positive side, AD posted 31/15.
    And 3 blocks.

AD is the truth. Everyone else is a question mark.

T. Evans F 37:00 22
    A. Davis F 42:48 31
    O. Asik C 32:49 13
    E. Gordon G 34:14 0
    J. Holiday G 36:57 24

109 to 104.

Just think, had our starting 2 scored just 6 points, we would have won tonight. But Gordon couldn't get even 1. Could Jimmer have done better? We'll never know, but it's really hard to say he could do worse than 0 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    "We."

That's on Tyreke. He has to find the shooters. It's what you get when you have low IQ players on the team, and we have a lot. They stuggle in pressure moments.
    True, but in that situation I would have 3 point shooters in the game to begin with. And I would run something that resembles a set play. That's what I meant by we. As in Monty.

So need a game recap. Understand the hate on Gordon. He was completely invisible.

Monty you're drunk.

three pretty rubbish quarters of basketball by the pels. full credit to dallas though, hard screens all night, good ball movement.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    MAVS are REALLY good. They have Chandler back and Parsons is a very good SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I hope Kevin Durant isn't watching this game, it might make him reconsider signing here.
    That team wouldn't have Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So need a game recap. Understand the hate on Gordon. He was completely invisible.
    And when he was visible, it was for the wrong reasons.

Monty has ALWAYS struggled to finish close games. We would chalk it up as tanking for the first couple years, injuries for the last year, if we don't start playing smarter basketball in clutch time when the score is close I can't put the blame anywhere else then the coach.

Banned
    Monty will just complain about Jimmer after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    He was absolutely pig awful. He didn't impose himself at all... We pay this guy a f***ing fortune and he throws up bricks and turns the ball over for nothing.

Whilst I'm at it....Asik has concrete gloves on. So clumsy under the rim
    How can you "impose" yourself when you don't get the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    I wish I had never watched that 4th quarter. That was an embarrassment to basketball. 15 points in the 4th quarter.
    The say that hind sight is 20/20 (or 50/50 depending on who you ask), but this game DOES end differently if Ryno is on the court for the meat of that 4th qtr. there is no mystery. That was a down right 76er tanking job by Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    T. Evans F 37:00 22
    A. Davis F 42:48 31
    O. Asik C 32:49 13
    E. Gordon G 34:14 0
    J. Holiday G 36:57 24

109 to 104.

Just think, had our starting 2 scored just 6 points, we would have won tonight. But Gordon couldn't get even 1. Could Jimmer have done better? We'll never know, but it's really hard to say he could do worse than 0 points.
    Thanks for continuing to drag down the collective IQ of the board with your posts that don't add anything.

Dallas is a far more experienced team. I'd expect this early in the season as our players learn to play together.

Gordon might need more time.

Honestly it wasn't like Ryno was lighting the world on fire. He couldn't seem to get much going either.

Thread Information