Pelicans Report

Thread: Quincy Miller, Jordan Hamilton, Mo Harkess, ANYBODY

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Rant Quincy Miller, Jordan Hamilton, Mo Harkess, ANYBODY

John Salmons needs to get his high-looking face outta here. Dude is hot doodoo butter on a toilet water sundae. I won't stand for his crappiness anymore!!!

Is Salmons the new Stiemsma?

Salmons played 5 minutes and 2 seconds..........
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

gimme some mo'

Did y'all hear Joel during the game say the Pels pushed hard to get Richard Jefferson, and that it came down to us and the Mavs. It is obvious that Salmons was far from our first choice.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Did y'all hear Joel during the game say the Pels pushed hard to get Richard Jefferson, and that it came down to us and the Mavs. It is obvious that Salmons was far from our first choice.
    I'm surprised that slipped my notice. But then...I was doing a lot of stuff during the summer.

How about we complain about a guy who is on the cap for 15 mil and played 34 minutes and was even worse?

If that guy aint here, we have real money to get real players - not just one scrub who is slightly better than another scrub.
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How about we complain about a guy who is on the cap for 15 mil and played 34 minutes and was even worse?

If that guy aint here, we have real money to get real players - not just one scrub who is slightly better than another scrub.
    Tell me, a lot of us complain about Gordon but what do you think is a realistic solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Tell me, a lot of us complain about Gordon but what do you think is a realistic solution?

Nothing. Just like there is no realistic solution to solving the SF problem right now. It is a flawed team. This is not the year where they win it all. It is the year where they grow, and then add the missing ingredients in the next year or two.

Just the way it is. Even in the most optimistic projections, this team was gonna lose 30-35 games this year. This was one of them. Such is life.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The only solution I see is for Demps to trade Gordon and the only way I see that happening in our favor is if Gordon plays like an above average SG and even after that we may have to include a player we'd rather not trade. If Demps solves this problem I will be amazed.

We are stuck with Gordon for 2 years. Accept it. He is beyond untradeable with dat contract and will opt in next season.

Or if Gordon promises the other team that he will opt out. I know that sounds far fetched, but to me that is the only way. We gotta pull some Inception type stuff on him where we convince him that this team is holding him back and if he went somewhere else he could average 20ppg and get another max contract.

Actually, you know what - He probably already thinks that.

That is our only chance.

I'd be fine with Gordon if our team had ball movement. He just doesn't get a lot of touches and wants to prove himself.

Or if Gordon promises the other team that he will opt out. I know that sounds far fetched, but to me that is the only way. We gotta pull some Inception type stuff on him where we convince him that this team is holding him back and if he went somewhere else he could average 20ppg and get another max contract.

Actually, you know what - He probably already thinks that.

That is our only chance.
    He needs to come off the bench.
    Start either Miller or Rivers depending where we prefer to have Reke play.

Gordon comes in for Miller or Rivers at the 8 minute mark.
    Then Anderson comes in for Asik.

Monty must stagger the bench.

Gordon will up his play now that he isn't the fourth or fifth option and this should dent
    his ego enough to want to opt out and play for another team as the main man.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 11-02-2014 at 01:44 AM.

I really think Babbitt should get Salmons's minutes. It's not like Salmons is even average on the defensive side. At least Babbit knows better Monty's system and even if he get beat on the defensive end at least he will free space on the offensive ends with his shooting abilities.

Honestly, I get the whole "playing a veteran to help the young guys" but if so, what the point of signing the famous "young veterans" if you still have to play the washed-up veteran to guide them !

Babbitt should get salmons minutes. It's really that simple.

Salmons is getting Roberts/stiemsma treatment from Monty: unearned minutes, responsibilities and trust based on reasons clearly seperate from on the field performance.

Babbitt played well in the preseason, hitting a high percentage from 3 and hustling on D. He is a much better option if we insist on running an all bench unit in the back court with rivers leading it for certain stretches of the game. We clearly aren't holding teams defensively with our second unit so why not try and maximize our scoring? Plus rivers with three floor spacers helps clear the lane for his penetration.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-02-2014 at 02:47 AM.

babbit,Darius Miller have not played single meaningfung minute
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    babbit,Darius Miller have not played single meaningfung minute
    I don't even

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

How about we complain about both, because they both sucked.

Thread Information