Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The options at sf for next year.

The options at sf for next year.

If Gordon plans to opt out who should we go after?

Gerald Green 10 mil

Jeff Green 11 mil

Draymond Green 11 mil

Khawi Leonard max

Jimmy Butler max

1-6

Are sure it isn't Khawi Green and Jimmy Green?

I don't think Draymond Green will get close to that much. Guys get paid in FA based off of offensive stats. I mean, look at Tony Allen -who was coming off a terrific defensive season. Got mid-level money.

My guess is Draymond would get 5-8 mil per year at the most. The other guys are about right. Maybe Gerald Green gets 8 or 9 mil, but close enough.

I would go after Butler and see if Chicago matches and/or I would try to engage them in a S&T. Next move would be to go after Draymond Green. Safety plan would be Demarre Carroll.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think Draymond Green will get close to that much. Guys get paid in FA based off of offensive stats. I mean, look at Tony Allen -who was coming off a terrific defensive season. Got mid-level money.

My guess is Draymond would get 5-8 mil per year at the most. The other guys are about right. Maybe Gerald Green gets 8 or 9 mil, but close enough.

I would go after Butler and see if Chicago matches and/or I would try to engage them in a S&T. Next move would be to go after Draymond Green. Safety plan would be Demarre Carroll.
    I doubt Chicago would match a max Butler offer so if that happened he would be ours. I like the versitility, size, and price Draymond bring more. Than line up could switch on everything.

We need a better 3 pt shooter than Butler..Jeff Green imo

I think GS matches 5-8M.
    I'd be a very happy man with:

Holiday
    Evans
    Green
    Davis
    Asik
    Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think GS matches 5-8M.

Holiday
    Evans
    Green
    Davis
    Asik
    Anderson
    Be more specific on the Green bro

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Be more specific on the Green bro
    Lol.
    I'm only interested in Draymond Green.
    I've been banging that same drum for months and months.

I think GS matches 5-8M.

Holiday
    Evans
    Green
    Davis
    Asik
    Anderson
    GS is already at the tax with the Klay signing. They will have to choose between Green and Barnes and I think like most they like Barnes "upside"

unless they can dump lee off on somebody with cap space

GS is already at the tax with the Klay signing. They will have to choose between Green and Barnes and I think like most they like Barnes "upside"
    Please see the Klay thread.

Please see the Klay thread.
    I did, at it doesn't matter that their contracts end in different years. If Warriors matched something like 8 mil next year, they would have a 15-20 mil tax bill. That means they would be paying 25 mil or so to keep Green next year and still have to worry about Barnes moving forward.

They can't keep 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    unless they can dump lee off on somebody with cap space
    Which would be easier to do if they didn't give all their picks to Utah just to overpay Iggy

that is true

I mentioned this in the other thread, but - If signing a Butler or a Green (any of them) takes you out of the running for Durant or another superstar in future years, do you do it anyway? Or, if you were GM, would you be a little bit more patient and bank on AD's ability to attract a superstar and go that route?

No right answer, but curious what others think.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but - If signing a Butler or a Green (any of them) takes you out of the running for Durant or another superstar in future years, do you do it anyway? Or, if you were GM, would you be a little bit more patient and bank on AD's ability to attract a superstar and go that route?

Give butler the Parsons type max or sign green which would be easy to dump.

I really wonder if we could recruit in 2016 and 2017 with AD and a bunch of cap room. I know CP3 didn't have much luck, but to be fair, we never really had any cap room once he became a superstar. I know Lebron didn't have much luck either, but I think NOLA is more appealing than Cleveland and both CP3 and Lebron are ball dominant guys. You could make the argument that, for some guys, playing with a guy like AD that allows them to dominate the ball and gamble more on defense, is more appealing than playing with Lebron or CP3. You could at least argue that for perimeter players.

Durant or Steph Curry, come on down?

I think the possibility of adding a superstar, such as Durant, will depend largely on how much progress we make in the won/loss column and how far we can advance in the playoffs. Obviously, becoming a serious contender will make it easier to recruit a superstar to NOLA. In other words, they'll have to see their self as "The Missing Piece".

You could make the argument that, for some guys, playing with a guy like AD that allows them to dominate the ball and gamble more on defense, is more appealing than playing with Lebron or CP3. You could at least argue that for perimeter players.

Durant or Steph Curry, come on down?
    I think Harden just woke from a dream. If he doesn't end up in LA, NY, etc, I could definitely see him seeking out AD. Beard + Brow seems very much in the cards 2 or 3 summers from now.

I want KD that length between him and AD could be the second most dominate duo of all time.

You roll the dice on the big fish. If you miss you still have a ton of cap to go after the Butler's and Green's.

I'd rather over pay a little after missing out on Durant than have no shot at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You roll the dice on the big fish. If you miss you still have a ton of cap to go after the Butler's and Green's.

I'd rather over pay a little after missing out on Durant than have no shot at him.
    I tend to agree - especially if they are all available in the same year. But can you go through another season or two with a hole at the position, just for the chance? I lean towards yes, but your coach wants guys who can help him win now. Telling him that he has to make due with guys like Salmons for another year or two won't be a fun convo to have.

I tend to agree - especially if they are all available in the same year. But can you go through another season or two with a hole at the position, just for the chance? I lean towards yes, but your coach wants guys who can help him win now. Telling him that he has to make due with guys like Salmons for another year or two won't be a fun convo to have.
    That's why a guy like Green should be the target. He can hold that position for 2 years and keep us competitive and would be easy to unload for the kD chase.

This Green joke is like the new 'who's on first.'

Thread Information