Pelicans Report

Thread: klay thompson gets max deal

NBA klay thompson gets max deal

All this means to me is that Dell should have one guy at the top of his 2015 FA list:

Draymond Green

Warriors will be near the lux tax, so throw the full MLE at him or find a taker for Gordon and throw more at him if you need to. He is a perfect fit for what we need.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    All this means to me is that Dell should have one guy at the top of his 2015 FA list:

Draymond Green

Warriors will be near the lux tax, so throw the full MLE at him or find a taker for Gordon and throw more at him if you need to. He is a perfect fit for what we need.
    Does the so-called "smoothing" (or the not "smoothing") help or hurt our chances to sign him away from the Warriors?

Draymond Green

Said this month's ago.
    It will happen.

Geez what a terrible deal.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Does the so-called "smoothing" (or the not "smoothing") help or hurt our chances to sign him away from the Warriors?
    I still think smoothing happens this year, but even if it does, that gives Pels more money.

Basically, the Warriors will have to eventually choose between Green and Barnes. Man, I hope they choose Barnes.

...we get to go McDonalds
    If last season was any indication, the Warriors have chosen Green over Barnes.
    Last edited by Primetime; 10-31-2014 at 05:03 PM.

I still think smoothing happens this year, but even if it does, that gives Pels more money.

Basically, the Warriors will have to eventually choose between Green and Barnes. Man, I hope they choose Barnes.
    Can they afford either though?
    They have to either match Green or extend Barnes as they both expire at different years.
    If GS don't dump salary in 2015 by trades what could the Pelicans afford to offer if ONLY the big 6 are contracted in 2015?
    What could be offered if Gordon opts out?

Thanks

If Gordon doesn't opt out and the cap isn't smoothed, we can offer the MLE. If Gordon opts out, we have close to 20 mil to play with. Sky would be the limit.

If Gordon doesn't opt out and the cap isn't smoothed, we can offer the MLE. If Gordon opts out, we have close to 20 mil to play with. Sky would be the limit.
    What's the likelihood we stretch Gordon now with the smoothed cap.

20M?
    Won't some already be used to sign Asik or can he be done after we sign a SF?

No - we would have close to 20 mil in cap room and that INCLUDES the Asik cap hold - again if Gordon opts out. If we were to stretch Gordon, it would be close to 15 mil with Asik hold on the books. But I doubt we would do that because it would carry money into future summers which could effect our chances to go after another superstar (if AD can recruit one)

That is what I wonder about - If we could get a guy like Jimmy Butler, but it forfeits the small chance to get someone like Durant, would we do it? Or is Dell's plan to take a home run swing in 2016 or 2017?

No - we would have close to 20 mil in cap room and that INCLUDES the Asik cap hold - again if Gordon opts out. If we were to stretch Gordon, it would be close to 15 mil with Asik hold on the books. But I doubt we would do that because it would carry money into future summers which could effect our chances to go after another superstar (if AD can recruit one)

That is what I wonder about - If we could get a guy like Jimmy Butler, but it forfeits the small chance to get someone like Durant, would we do it? Or is Dell's plan to take a home run swing in 2016 or 2017?
    Butum in 2016?

I don't know if Batum is a star. I mean, do you pass on a guarantee from a guy like Butler for a chance at Batum? I wouldn't.

I am talking star. Would you hold off on a serious upgrade (but not a star) for the chance to go after Durant, Curry, etc. in future years?

Man a Curry-Jrue-Evans-Davis-Asik Lineup would be mind blowing!

I don't know if Batum is a star. I mean, do you pass on a guarantee from a guy like Butler for a chance at Batum? I wouldn't.

I am talking star. Would you hold off on a serious upgrade (but not a star) for the chance to go after Durant, Curry, etc. in future years?
    That's tough to answer.
    If Durant and Davis are friendly then yeah I would hold out, especially if Gordon opts in.
    If I can't get a guy like D. Green then I would take my chances in 2016.
    Not sure if Butler is worth the max with his slight injury history.
    Ask me at the end of the season.

Thread Information