Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Asik: I don't look at (or care about) the numbers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakac Temha View Post
    I don´t think that Omar is a legit starting center in this league. He is playing tough, I will give him some credit for that, but this is not enough if you want to be a contender in this league. Thats not the euroleague, this is some real tough NBA basketball where you need elite athleticism and talent to compete. He is avarage at playing defense, just 1 block per game playing more than 30 minutes a night 2012/2013 for the Rockets as a starting 5 player. He is an avarage rebounder and is worse at shooting FT´s than Dwight Howard was. I doubt that Omar is capable of guarding elite athleticism in the NBA... We had so many options at FAm or via trades, why the Hell we have tradet for Omar ??? I hope we will not re-sign his contract, 14 Million a year for this guy, looks worse than Ebola.
    Quite possibly the worst post I've seen in a while.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Disagree here MM. Sometimes goading the troll along provides much needed comedic relief.
    Fair enough. I just don't want to see good posters get worked up by it. But if people have fun feeding these guys, by all means go for it!
    @mcnamara247

Does anyone know how to post a picture full size not tiny like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haters4.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	5781  
    Last edited by Tin_Food; 10-31-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Ok, I never said that Spencer is a good player, I just said that he is better than Omar. First I was a racist and now Iam a troll, thats really abusing. All of this, just because I have questioned the talent of a guy, who was a bench player for his entire career.

Ok Ok, Omar is an All-Star and will be on NBA All-Defensive Team this year, lol (!)

Ok, I never said that Spencer is a good player, I just said that he is better than Omar. First I was a racist and now Iam a troll, thats really abusing. All of this, just because I have questioned the talent of a guy, who was a bench player for his entire career.

Ok Ok, Omar is an All-Star and will be on NBA All-Defensive Team this year, lol (!)
    Welcome?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

You still haven't explained how Hawes fills the holes our team had going into the season better then Asik. I am really interested in hearing this.

Again, we struggled protecting the rim, being able to bang with bigger front courts, protecting the paint and rebounding. Please show me where Hawes better achieves that because as a starter Asik is the better rebounder and better defensive player.

Hopefully I get to hear you response before your trolling schtick runs its course.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-01-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    You still haven't explained how Hawes fills the holes our team had going into the season better then Asik. I am really interested in hearing this.

Again, we struggled protecting the rim, being able to bang with bigger front courts, protecting the paint and rebounding. Please show me where Hawes better achieves that because as a starter Asik is the better rebounder and better defensive player.

Hopefully I get to hear you response before your trolling schtick runs its course.
    I don´t think that Asik is better than Hawes at protecting the rim.

I look forward to seeing the edit on this post tomorrow that backs up your opinion with supporting evidence. And I'll be curious how you explain away that the Cavs were 10 points better per 100 possessions with hawes on the bench. Opponents have shot 54% against him. Argued by many experts as one of the worst defensive centers last year.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-01-2014 at 01:33 AM.

what? ha

Why do you people always got to have fun when i'm sleeping?! Ugh

Why do you people always got to have fun when i'm sleeping?! Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Disagree here MM. Sometimes goading the troll along provides much needed comedic relief.
    This reminds me of something I need to do.

Drummond is gonna be better than AD this year. Could you imagine a Hawes / Drummond front court instead of our scrub front court now? Our guards wouldn't have to carry so much dead weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This reminds me of something I need to do.

Drummond is gonna be better than AD this year. Could you imagine a Hawes / Drummond front court instead of our scrub front court now? Our guards wouldn't have to carry so much dead weight!
    Can you sell that to the guy I'm trying to trade Drummond for ad with?

See trolls are not created equal. Simply stating unsupported opinions due to their individual eye test is not enough. You need a mastery of horrendous English; a typo-to-actual word ratio of at least 0.3, and most importantly the desire to engage everyone who disagrees with your opinions.

This guy is a five-tool troll.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Mr Rakac Temha this is my rebuttal to your analysis of the value in acquiring Omer Asik.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/8/...fensive-impact

Many people appear to think blocked shots equate to rim protection. Your statistical analysis on the Hawes-Asik Conundrum is a fine example of this thinking. Riddle me this then, fine sir. If the Pelicans led the entire NBA in blocked shots last year (hint, they did) why move on from Greg Stiemsma at all?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Why is anyone responding to this person in even a semi serious manner?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I agree that captain omar isnt a gud center. BJ Mullinz was available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Yeah, so was hassan Whiteside,

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Yeah, so was hassan Whiteside,
    I will join in on the absurdity ... Why did we ever let Brockman go? He was the perfect Center next to AD. We had the best PF/C combo ever and let it slip through our hands.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Anyone who thinks a team can't win with Asik at center....I'm sorry but just doesn't know what they are talking about.

Guys, he is a Turkish troll.

Rakac Temha in reverse = Ahmet Çakar
    And who is Ahmet Çakar, well he is one of the most weird sports writer in Turkey.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Omar, Omar, Omar. I keep seeing that name.... Omar?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
    Guys, he is a Turkish troll.

Rakac Temha in reverse = Ahmet Çakar
    And who is Ahmet Çakar, well he is one of the most weird sports writer in Turkey.
    Good catch. I figured his name had some double meaning. I actually thought he was trying to be more clever and just jumble the letters in each word and I couldn't figure it out. Never heard of that guy.

The definition of insanity really is not repeating the same behavior over and over expecting a different result .The definition of Insanity really should be repeatedly trying to enlighten a delusional mind

Thread Information