Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Biggest Surprise From Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    The Western Conference is absolutely STACKED this year.

Our division already has like 5 wins in 2 days.
    I agree, but after seeing our team yesterday, outside of SA, a healthy OKC and LAC, there is no one anymore in the west that I don't think we can hold our own against once we get more chemistry working(that doesn't mean I think we will be the four seed or beat certain teams in a 7 game series, but at our best I think we can beat anyone in the west at their best that I didn't name). We have the potential for great defense at every position except SF. We have solid offensive and defensive depth and we have a stable of good to great shooters. We have the best front court rotation in the league, potentially the best paint defense in the league and a budding top 5 player in AD.

My only concern that remains is our coaching. Monty has said all the things i wanted to hear but the Salmons love, the defensive confusion and his rotations the first game have me a little worried that he still doesn't fully grasp how to optimize our roster.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-30-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Monty blaming poor FT % on shooting in the arena. That should only be an issue with high school teams playing there. Depth perception causes issues in that case, it shouldn't if it's your home arena. Lots of talent, chemistry will take awhile it looks like.
    I still think the dance team should be the Tail-feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by FHSdemon View Post
    Monty blaming poor FT % on shooting in the arena. That should only be an issue with high school teams playing there. Depth perception causes issues in that case, it shouldn't if it's your home arena. Lots of talent, chemistry will take awhile it looks like.
    do what?
    what exactly did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    do what?
    what exactly did he say?
    Something about how they haven't had much time to spend in the renovated arena.

Nothing really surprising except maybe the backup rotation. I think eventually Babbitt takes Salmons minutes.

best thing was NO BRIAN ROBERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    best thing was NO BRIAN ROBERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    true dat!

Thread Information