Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mo Harkless was a healthy DNP last night

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Ok. And I knew I'd get some people who wouldn't like that, but seriously, the NBA is so buddy-buddy now. Guys leave teams to go where their friends are, no matter the role of the player. Paul Pierce was just in an article talking about it. I just don't think Harkless is worth it for the great locker room we have right now.
    I get that to a degree, but the bolded is not the same with what happened. Paul didn't leave to go follow Pargo or Jack or whoever it was. He wanted out and went a completely different direction. Getting off topic sorry, done with the CP stuff.

As far as it affecting the locker room, you are strictly referring to Miller/AD connection right? Just wanting to make sure you don't think anyone is attached to Withey lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I get that to a degree, but the bolded is not the same with what happened. Paul didn't leave to go follow Pargo or Jack or whoever it was. He wanted out and went a completely different direction. Getting off topic sorry, done with the CP stuff.

As far as it affecting the locker room, you are strictly referring to Miller/AD connection right? Just wanting to make sure you don't think anyone is attached to Withey lol
    I kid you not, over the last 2 months of going to Costco we have seen Withey and Anderson shopping there together (with some 3rd guy) twice. Call it coincide call it fate, that doesn't make them Thunder Buddies, but it does make them shopping buddies.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Just like Babbit is best friends with jrue (this has no factual basis)

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I kid you not, over the last 2 months of going to Costco we have seen Withey and Anderson shopping there together (with some 3rd guy) twice. Call it coincide call it fate, that doesn't make them Thunder Buddies, but it does make them shopping buddies.
    It prob sucks for Ryno to go from having a live in GF to going home to an empty house. I could see him wanting to hang out as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

No I'm not kidding. Ryan and Jeff are best friends.

I'd probably do the trade on second thought. Just wanted to point out that team chemistry is bigger deal than most think. Things like trades are easier in the offseason.

No I'm not kidding. Ryan and Jeff are best friends.

I'd probably do the trade on second thought. Just wanted to point out that team chemistry is bigger deal than most think. Things like trades are easier in the offseason.
    Ryno was good friends with Rolo and JSmith as well. When they left I didn't see him crying. You do your job and stay friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ryno was good friends with Rolo and JSmith as well. When they left I didn't see him crying. You do your job and stay friends.
    Yeah I get that. But those moves were necessary. My point earlier was that I didn't think it was necessary.

If we want to talk about friends, then Salmons ain't going anywhere.
    Orlando do need a C though.

Yeah I get that. But those moves were necessary. My point earlier was that I didn't think it was necessary.
    I'd argue backup SF is one of our most key positions since Reke has a habit of missing games due to his play style.

Mo Harkless was a healthy DNP last night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd argue backup SF is one of our most key positions since Reke has a habit of missing games due to his play style.
    Right. Like I said, that was my earlier thoughts. I have since changed my mind and agree with you.

Right. Like I said, that was my earlier thoughts. I have since changed my mind and agree with you.
    It takes a big man to admit they actually changed their mind. I respect you for that.

That actually says something strange about our society.

Harkless is an incredible talent, he is young and needs to more assertive but his skill set is very similar to paul george, 6"9, nice stroke, good defender, super athletic. Just like paul george, harmless' problems come from him not being aggressive enough, george fixed this over time. Still think harkless is gonna be a beast.

If harkless is harmless i don't want him. I want him dauntless

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Harkless is an incredible talent, he is young and needs to more assertive but his skill set is very similar to paul george, 6"9, nice stroke, good defender, super athletic. Just like paul george, harmless' problems come from him not being aggressive enough, george fixed this over time. Still think harkless is gonna be a beast.
    Guy is gonna be a beast, has Paul George-like attributes and can't get playing time for a team starving for offense with its two best offensive players out with injuries. Label me pessimistic that he will turn into said beast.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll say this. If we were to ever take a chance on one of those SFs with a pulse, Harkless probably gets my vote. All things even, I'll always side with the better athlete.

Unlike Aminu, Harkless is a great athlete who isn't a tweener, so he actually plays the position he's best suited to.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Guy is gonna be a beast, has Paul George-like attributes and can't get playing time for a team starving for offense with its two best offensive players out with injuries. Label me pessimistic that he will turn into said beast.
    Went on the magic forum and all their members are outraged he didn't get playing time and been saying their head coach is garbage.

Why did Brian Roberts get minutes over Austin Rivers for a team starved of defense last year?

you've never hear of players leaving a team being unproductive and going on to be productive?
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 10-29-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    How could ya be Mo Harkless?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    How could ya be Mo Harkless?
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Went on the magic forum and all their members are outraged he didn't get playing time and been saying their head coach is garbage.

Why did Brian Roberts get minutes over Austin Rivers for a team starved of defense last year?

you've never hear of players leaving a team being unproductive and going on to be productive?
    Yeah, they seemed rather confused as to why he and Andrew Nicholson (another healthy DNP) got zero playing time, while Ben Gordon saw extended minutes and Willie Green actually saw the court.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

We've seen before that just because guys aren't getting minutes on a certain team doesn't mean they can't be productive for other teams. The Vasquez-Pondexter trade is a perfect example. I'm sure Dell is mulling his options, but he won't pull the trigger until he sees the right fit. Dell finds 8th men in his sleep. If he doesn't think the right guy is on the roster after a few games, he'll find somebody.

Funny because i traded Whithey and Salmons for him in my 2k league. He gets a good 10 points and 3 plus rebounds a game. More than Salmons at least.

I also traded Rivers for Sessions at the trade deadline. Currently fifth seed in the west with 11 games left and 5 games back from first seed. Team is so fun to play with.

Does anyone know if Orlando picked up his option yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Does anyone know if Orlando picked up his option yet?
    The did. On Andrew Nicholson too- another guy they gave a DNP to.

But they don't care about cap room next summer, because they know they aren't attracting any FA's, so they didn't need the flexibility like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The did. On Andrew Nicholson too- another guy they gave a DNP to.

But they don't care about cap room next summer, because they know they aren't attracting any FA's, so they didn't need the flexibility like we did.
    Why couldn't they? They got Frye as a FA this season.

Thread Information