Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mo Harkless was a healthy DNP last night

Mo Harkless was a healthy DNP last night

I know some people here are fans. Didn't get a minute and is obviously at the back of the rotation, even on a team riddled with injuries.

Still wanna go after him?

It couldn't hurt.
    @mcnamara247

Would you guys do Patric Young and Darius Miller for him?

Guru hacked mm's account?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Naaa. There's so much more to talk about with this team than who our 3rd or 4th string SF should be.

Just figured I would beat him or someone else to the punch. Its a SF with a pulse!

I don't know. If he got ten minutes, do you think he could do better than 0 shot attempts, 2 Rb, 1 assist, and 3 fouls while getting blown by on D? If so, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I don't know. If he got ten minutes, do you think he could do better than 0 shot attempts, 2 Rb, 1 assist, and 3 fouls while getting blown by on D? If so, sign me up.
    I would have to agree. Salmons looked bad last night. I hope that is not a sign of things to come as he looked very old and very slow.

I said it during the game day thread "there was a time when people here would have mothered his child." Oh how the mighty have fallen. Dude just gets passed around like a toaster from one wedding reception to another.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Yeah his d was horrible.

I'll indulge. I think much like Jordan Hamilton Moe Harkless would help this team. So yes I'd like him on the team. I have no idea why coach Vaughn didn't play Harkless when they clearly were out gunned last night. But I know enough to know not all coaches decisions are based on player's abilites. So Harkless benching could be completely illogical. One healthy DNP doesn't mean Moe is a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'll indulge. I think much like Jordan Hamilton Moe Harkless would help this team. So yes I'd like him on the team. I have no idea why coach Vaughn didn't play Harkless when they clearly were out gunned last night. But I know enough to know not all coaches decisions are based on player's abilites. So Harkless benching could be completely illogical. One healthy DNP doesn't mean Moe is a scrub.
    exactly my thinking, because he was DNP means he sucks? How many times were we mad that brian roberts got time? Harkless is still a 6"9 super athletic SF who can defend and hit the 3. Basically what this teams needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'd try to sell them on Withey and Miller and run to the bank w/ that trade.

Harkless is basically Darius Miller without the ability to shoot FTs. Lets wait for someone who can actually play effectively on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd try to sell them on Withey and Miller and run to the bank w/ that trade.
    Could not be done until Dec I think because Miller was signed as a FA. However, I would do that deal yesterday if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I wouldn't.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'd certainly give withey for him. I mean, if he's going to play any important minutes we're in deep **** anyway. And well, i don't think he couldn't do much worse than salmons

And i don't even know mo harkless much

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I wouldn't.
    I think Young could be a solid role player for us down the road.

Yes, give me harkless over salmons any day. Thank you.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Salmons is the new Willie Green/Brian Roberts. I'll be surprised if we see him moved.

Kick the tires and light the fires baby!

Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I think the Magic would do a Withey/Miller swap for Harkless. How does that affect the locker room is my question. Miller and especially Withey are best friends with AD and Ryno respectively. One has to ask, is upsetting two of our main guys worth a raw role player who may never develop?

See: Hornets not retaining Pargo and CP3's reaction.

curious to see how Perry Jones plays in Durant's absence. always loved his game & he has a chance to showcase himself for a few months

That's because CP3 is a crybaby.

Who cares if this is a business? You can't trade away my friend! You fire the only coach I've had? I'm out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I think the Magic would do a Withey/Miller swap for Harkless. How does that affect the locker room is my question. Miller and especially Withey are best friends with AD and Ryno respectively. One has to ask, is upsetting two of our main guys worth a raw role player who may never develop?

See: Hornets not retaining Pargo and CP3's reaction.
    Wasn't it Jack that he was super close with?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    That's because CP3 is a crybaby.

Who cares if this is a business? You can't trade away my friend! You fire the only coach I've had? I'm out of here.
    Ok. And I knew I'd get some people who wouldn't like that, but seriously, the NBA is so buddy-buddy now. Guys leave teams to go where their friends are, no matter the role of the player. Paul Pierce was just in an article talking about it. I just don't think Harkless is worth it for the great locker room we have right now.

Thread Information