Pelicans Report

Thread: AD after tonight: "I'm still learning the game"

AD after tonight: "I'm still learning the game"

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I'm more excited than afraid actually.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Shooting wise Davis didn't have a very efficient 1st half and he still had a double double or close to it. His ceiling is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Shooting wise Davis didn't have a very efficient 1st half and he still had a double double or close to it. His ceiling is ridiculous.
    One thing I noticed was Davis seeing his midrange jumper wasn't falling early, then relentlessly atacking the basket for boards and easy shots. that has me very encouraged. He finally took another one i think late late third, but he seemed to show very good BBall IQ with that adjustment. He also went from having 0 rebounds to getting every other board.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    Scary thought.
    ......AD is a Dawg....His determination and killer instinct is incredible.....

You can say that about the entire rest of the team. The missed layups and free throws were crazy. I'm glad we weren't playing a better team or else things may have turned out different. They won't miss that many shots again though. Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    You can say that about the entire rest of the team. The missed layups and free throws were crazy. I'm glad we weren't playing a better team or else things may have turned out different. They won't miss that many shots again though. Impossible.
    The 3 for 14 free throws in the 1st half was sickening and won't happen again either.

AD after tonight: "I'm still learning the game"

^^^ It was so peculiar. Ryno and Gordon going 0/2 in some visits. At halftime they had the guys come out with a level to see if anything was off with the goal-- that's how weird it was.

I believe it. He still has to learn to get Super star calls.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I believe it. He still has to learn to get Super star calls.
    No **** huh. Some of those non-calls I was just laughing at because any other good player would get those fouls and Davis is beyond good.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I noticed they were adjusting that rim at halftime.
    Maybe something was off?

"When I'm in with Ryan, I'M OMER." - Davis

LOVE IT! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    I noticed they were adjusting that rim at halftime.
    Maybe something was off?
    Didn't seem to affect Orlando's FT shooting. If something was off that's bs though.

Starter
    The 3 for 14 free throws in the 1st half was sickening and won't happen again either.
    So true, I was yelling at the TV. We were that close to winning by over 30. I'll be honest...if we didn't win by a large margin against this team I would have been extremely disappointed. They played far from their best and won by what, 19? Nice.

Didn't seem to affect Orlando's FT shooting. If something was off that's bs though.
    That's cause they fixed it.

I saw Tobias Harris out there with a wrench before the game.

Nah I don't think anything was wrong with the rim. They did go out there and check to make sure it was level and at the right height but Monty after the game said he thinks it was just an issue of not taking enough shots in the SKC. One of the players interviewed after said the same thing. Just gotta put the reps in to get a feel for it on the actual court.

Either way, it was surprising but also the very first game of the season. I wasn't expecting a super sharp game this early with so many people coming back from injury.

Anyone think the peels can lead the league in rebounds?

He only finished with 2 assists but his passing looked fantastic last night. His bounce pass from the high post to Ryno on the block for a dunk was a thing of beauty. He was also looking for the outlet pass immediately when he pulled down boards.

He'll quadruple double eventually and he won't care about it.

Thread Information