Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBA League Pass issues

NBA League Pass issues

Anyone else having issues with pulling up the stream? I'm very, very frustrated with the fact that im paying for a service and it's not working after waiting for the season for months.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I'm "blacked out"

**** my life

It's working on phone apps; not working on my computer or PS4; just a FYI

Blacked out

It won't work on my phone app either... I'm pretty sure in doing nothing wrong

...local blackout restrictions

I've searched and seems only around it is to use a vpn

Worked fine for me from out of market.

This is one thing I love about Dish. Even for "blacked out" games, they still run an alternative feed that I'm able to watch. Only had to do it once or twice last year though.

When in doubt, ATDHE

So, I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask once and for all. Will this game still be blacked out for NOLA once archived?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So, I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask once and for all. Will this game still be blacked out for NOLA once archived?
    Both Ballsohard and myself are out of market (he's somewhere in the Midwest, and I'm out on south beach for work)... like the loading bar would show and once hitting 100% it'd just show a blank screen. Went to the chat room to talk to customer service and got booted from the chat with the message "please come back during normal business hours of 6pm-11pm EST'. despite me calling in at like 7pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I believe so but can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Worked fine for me from out of market.
    I was in Detroit too; got it working on the phone but nothing for the ps4 or computer

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I believe so but can't say for sure.
    I'm actually not sure that's true; I'll research today.

I also had it working for phone and not xbox 1 or computer. I could get it working in xbox 1 by fast forwarding it by an hr and it would work for a few minutes then claim server issues. I believe for ps4 and xbox 1 they never start it at "live" time it always starts at the beginning of the game. Just an fyi. So if on a game console and you see a loading screen fast forward by a large number of minutes

My boy lives in Birmingham and has not been able to see any Pelicans games ever since FSNO took over. he said that its only Direct TV... the cable stations show the Pels games there, but not Direct TV. Weird. But this has been the case for the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Both Ballsohard and myself are out of market (he's somewhere in the Midwest, and I'm out on south beach for work)... like the loading bar would show and once hitting 100% it'd just show a blank screen. Went to the chat room to talk to customer service and got booted from the chat with the message "please come back during normal business hours of 6pm-11pm EST'. despite me calling in at like 7pm EST
    Same experience here. Forced to email them, they don't answer the question, then tell me the case is closed.

Just terrible customer service.

stopped getting LP a few years ago, but i saw this posted on another forum:

https://adfreetime.com/news/nba-leag...now-supported/

supposedly its a way to bypass blackout restrictions and it costs $2 a month i think.

to be clear im not recommending this subscription as i've never used it but it may be able to help some of you guys that have already paid.

another tip ive seen suggested to avoid blackouts that can be done before you sign up is to use an international proxy (Morocco is supposed to be a good one) when creating your nba.com account and registering for LP. This may save you some mulah as well (i think its as low as $97 in some places).

*again, i have never done any of this*

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    I also had it working for phone and not xbox 1 or computer. I could get it working in xbox 1 by fast forwarding it by an hr and it would work for a few minutes then claim server issues. I believe for ps4 and xbox 1 they never start it at "live" time it always starts at the beginning of the game. Just an fyi. So if on a game console and you see a loading screen fast forward by a large number of minutes
    I had the same issue. I am glad to know that I wasn't alone in this. At first it would work on my Surface Pad but not my Xbox One. I did get it to work on my Xbox One eventually, but it was after I walked away and it started after about twenty minutes from the beginning of the game. So Frustrating! BY then I had already watched up to about midway in the 2nd quarter on my Surface.

I did a work around by grabbing an old lap top that I was able to get the stream working on, and running an HDMI cable from it to my TV. Really was a pain in the ***. They need to fix this. I tried contacting customer service through the chat feature but they said there were no reps available to handle my issue. Can you believe that?!!
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I can't speak for the other guy but if you're just out of town temporarily, but NOLA is you're "home base", so to speak (ie., that's where you signed up and created your account and...you know...live) then League Pass will still black out games that are in your "home market".

I found this out first hand last year when I was visiting my family in Louisiana (I live in Houston) and tried to watch some game the Rockets were playing in on League Pass BB. Blacked out. Even though the game was obviously not available to watch on TV in Louisiana. I haven't been able to make sense of it yet, but we're talking about League Pass here, so I doubt there is any to be made.

I had some issues on my xbox 360. At one point it froze. But the stream on my Ipad for the second half was great. For those who had blackout issues, PM me and I'll tell you of an easy way to watch it. Pretty much you need a VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    I had identical issues. The UI on the GameTime app on xbox one is horrible. I'm guessing we are getting something barely out of Alpha (had to have something ready for season start).

I couldn't get it work on ps4 but no issues on my computer. Granted. I watched it after the game was archived late at night. Not live.

Thread Information