Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JIMMER FREDETTE, FRENCH FRY HERO OF THE CITY

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

JIMMER FREDETTE, FRENCH FRY HERO OF THE CITY

Thanks to Jimmer, we now can indulge in those yummy, nummy, get in my tummy French fries.

BA BA BABA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M LOVIN' (FRE)DETTE

He went 0-6 but got the points in the clutch.

Way to B Jymer!
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-28-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I highly doubt he goes 0-9 again I mean no one was shooting good now just About when we do actually start shooting good my god lol

Banned
    0-6 not 0-9.

And great defense.

Even though jimmer didn't have a great game, he looks like a stronger/tougher Brian Roberts. I like the kid... these pels are faptastic

I thought his defense was sneaky good. He had a block (that wasn't called) and kept his man from completing at the basket.

I doubt he is Manu, but he got some people some fries. Can't hate a man for that.

Man if we even played marginally better at the line and knocking down our shots that would of been a disgusting final score.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Man if we even played marginally better at the line and knocking down our shots that would of been a disgusting final score.
    This is what I'm saying lol we scored 101 points with jrue scoring 8 Eric scoring 8 and tyreke scoring 12 are you kidding me

No more free fries guys. I'm sorry to burst the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    0-6 not 0-9.

And great defense.
    Let's not get crazy about "great". Even adequate is a step up for him. Let's be happy with that.

The important thing here is that Jimmer did not impress me or disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    The important thing here is that Jimmer did not impress me or disappoint me.
    He disappointed me greatly with his shooting, you can't be "the best shooter in the world" and lob up air balls and go 0-6.

That said he hustled and had some good plays on the other end and this was opening night. Before I form any opinion I'm going to wait awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He disappointed me greatly with his shooting, you can't be "the best shooter in the world" and lob up air balls and go 0-6.

That said he hustled and had some good plays on the other end and this was opening night. Before I form any opinion I'm going to wait awhile.
    Okay sorry I should have said he impressed me and disappointed me

Come on you knw that "air ball" was a foul that dude doesn't miss that shot that bad

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    Okay sorry I should have said he impressed me and disappointed me
    Oh ok. If that's how you meant it I completely agree.

He was lucky to get that charging foul call. His feet were definitely not planted. He missed a lot of open shots that he would (and probably will) hit. Hey, shooters have to keep shooting and have off nights but aside from that pass on the pick and roll with Asik I thought he played like hot garbage.

If you're a Jimmer fan I'd like to ask you what you like about him. Then look at Ryno. What does Jimmer have that Ryno doesn't? Ryno is a better player. He wasn't given minutes and had to play into the player he is today. He is a man of faith (look up why he is number 33). He has suffered more in the last year and a half than most athletes do their entire careers and came out of it successful, humble, and seemingly happy. The only things Jimmer has different are that although he is Christian, he is more specifically LDS, he has lost playtime due to poor play, and was a media darling. So why does he have a more rabid following than Ryno?
    Is it Ryno's time or Jimmertime?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Come on you knw that "air ball" was a foul that dude doesn't miss that shot that bad
    Nah. The commentary specifically pointed out you don't usually expect an air ball from Jimmer especially when he wasn't fouled and that's why Ben Gordon messed up the rebound and we got the ball back.

Nah. The commentary specifically pointed out you don't usually expect an air ball from Jimmer especially when he wasn't fouled and that's why Ben Gordon messed up the rebound and we got the ball back.
    Actually they were saying that it either had to be a block or a foul

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    0-6 not 0-9.

And great defense.
    If Jimmer ever becomes even a regular rotation guy he would have surpassed current expectations.

Not a NBA level player right now unless it's blowout city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    He was lucky to get that charging foul call. His feet were definitely not planted. He missed a lot of open shots that he would (and probably will) hit. Hey, shooters have to keep shooting and have off nights but aside from that pass on the pick and roll with Asik I thought he played like hot garbage.

If you're a Jimmer fan I'd like to ask you what you like about him. Then look at Ryno. What does Jimmer have that Ryno doesn't? Ryno is a better player. He wasn't given minutes and had to play into the player he is today. He is a man of faith (look up why he is number 33). He has suffered more in the last year and a half than most athletes do their entire careers and came out of it successful, humble, and seemingly happy. The only things Jimmer has different are that although he is Christian, he is more specifically LDS, he has lost playtime due to poor play, and was a media darling. So why does he have a more rabid following than Ryno?
    Is it Ryno's time or Jimmertime?
    I don't think there is a group of people that dislike Ryan Anderson, but I do think that people find it humorous to worship Jammer. It wouldn't be as funny or draw as much attention (on the forums especially) to be obnoxious about Ryno.

JIMMER FREDETTE, FRENCH FRY HERO OF THE CITY

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Actually they were saying that it either had to be a block or a foul
    I have the game recorded and just watched it, they said "usually" implying you'd think it would have been but it wasn't this time. But I honestly don't care at all so believe what you will. It's really a minor point that doesn't change his performance in the least on the offensive end.

Jormder is going to prove you guys wrong. He already proved one group wrong by playing as many minuets as he did tonight. Jymer is magic.
    From a "wanting us to get as many blocks as Kim Kardashian has had husbands" standpoint, he had a block on Gordon and the ref bailed them out.
    And why do we have to hate one guy or love another. Can't we all just focus on not loving Eric Gordon's contract and move on.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-28-2014 at 10:21 PM.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    He was lucky to get that charging foul call. His feet were definitely not planted.
    You don't have to be set to draw a charge. If a ballhandler just plows through you regardless of if you're moving or not when you are square in front of the player (like the case here), it's a charge.

I have the game recorded and just watched it, they said "usually" implying you'd think it would have been but it wasn't this time. But I honestly don't care at all so believe what you will. It's really a minor point that doesn't change his performance in the least on the offensive end.
    Pretty defensive for not caring my man I was just saying take a pill

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Jormder is going to prove you guys wrong. He already proved one group wrong by playing as many minuets as he did tonight. Jymer is magic.
    I agrree. he will make 12 of his 4 shots next gaem

Thread Information