Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Game Thread: Magic (0-0) Vs. Pelicans (0-0) 7pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Jemmer got in the game before Jrue got injured.

I think we will see more of this for the next few weeks as Monty trys to figure out his rotations.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

asik really is going to make ad life so much easier energy wise defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Man thanks for this. Feels good to have people opening their eyes
    If these keeps up Asik will demand a max contract, when Gordon opts in on his last year would this put the Pels in the luxury tax?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    1. Did anyone else notice them readjusting the rims @ halftime. (somebody must've messed up big if we missed that many FTs.)

2. How in the WORLD did Vucevic get 22 rebounds? Could Brow/Asik have ended up with 30 a piece?

3. Jrue/Gordon blocking shots? Am I in bizarro world?

4. I would've benched Brow too. Don't want to risk something happening to him in trash time and gives him something extra to work towards.

Great win!

(Edit) I forgot about THREE buzzer beaters!
    Last edited by Caffeinedisastr; 10-29-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I know there have only been 3 games played,

but look at us!

http://stats.nba.com/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

We won a game against Orlando Magic.

Orlando Magic!

It is not a big win.

If Pelicans are a play-off team, it is ordinary win.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sibiryali View Post

Orlando Magic!

It is not a big win.

If you have followed this franchise the past few years I think every win is a big win. Since most feel we are going to be better later on in the season when the chemistry gets stronger, the more wins we can get in 2014 the better.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    If you have followed this franchise the past few years I think every win is a big win. Since most feel we are going to be better later on in the season when the chemistry gets stronger, the more wins we can get in 2014 the better.

I agree with this. Another way to look at it is that if we had lost, it would have been a hugely dissapointing loss. We need to harvest every possible win against the Leastern Conference and against Utah and Minnesota and the Lakers. Any win by more than 15 points against an NBA team is big for a team that has been outside of the playoffs for many years. Once we get on top we can take a more blase attitude, but for now every win is big.

Actually, I am not a Pelicans fan, I am an Ömer Aşık fan. I know him very well.

In my opinion, The Pelicans are more stronger than you thought, everyone thought. Very big victories (against Miami, Cavs, OKC, etc.) and post season waiting for us.

Banned
    Vucevic is a very talented guy. He is capable of putting up some monster numbers.

If I see Davis grab his fingers after dunking one more time I might scream. I think he needs a no dunk rule or something.

I was surprised that Jimmer didn't hurt us on Defense this game (huge critic). I think as long as that is the case he needs to be in the game as much as possible. He could stand by half-court and we could have one less defender to clog the middle. I watched it over and the defenders really hedge on him (both defenders) more than other players. I think we should get the ball in his hands and exploit that more. (I think we should get the ball across the court and let him play Jimmer ball). He showed he could pass when needed. I wonder how much he will play because of length of Dallas though.

Actually, I am not a Pelicans fan, I am an Ömer Aşık fan. I know him very well.

In my opinion, The Pelicans are more stronger than you thought, everyone thought. Very big victories (against Miami, Cavs, OKC, etc.) and post season waiting for us.
    Well that explains why you don't appreciate W's no matter what

Well that explains why you don't appreciate W's no matter what
    That is lack of my english, sorry about that. )))

No no your English is fine! I was just saying if you were a fan of the franchise for the past few years you would precipitate the wins more lol

Orlando Magic!

It is not a big win.

yes a win against Magic isn't surprising.. although..
    If you look at our stats, besides A.D who also could of had a better game offensively.. we played pretty badly on offense, and still won by 25. Imagine if we shot 45% instead of 40% and made our free throws, would of been a 40point win.

I will always celebrate and be ecstatic for every win, regardless of expectations. The only thing that can hamper my enjoyment of a victory is injury or suspension.

Don't you worry about that, no one can rape a language more than a native speaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I will always celebrate and be ecstatic for every win, regardless of expectations. The only thing that can hamper my enjoyment of a victory is injury or suspension.
    My view is even narrower. The only thing that can hamper my enjoyment of a victory is a loss

Orlando Magic!

It is not a big win.

maybe so but beating the smaller teams can be just as important as the bigger ones.

Thread Information