Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Magic (0-0) Vs. Pelicans (0-0) 7pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I thought I was right. Yeah last February.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278582

23/21/11/3 steals.
    Sorry thought you meant last season. Yeah that's impressive. The hakeem comparison dilemma is the 26 points I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Haven't watched SportsCenter yet, how have they reacted?
    They haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    Sorry thought you meant last season. Yeah that's impressive. The hakeem comparison dilemma is the 26 points I guess.
    the comparison has to be equal or better in all 3 of those specific categories (points, rebounds, blocks)
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Yeah thats what I figured too. What is really crazy though is Davis did this on a night when Asik got 17 boards and 5 blocks himself and Davis came out with 3 minutes left. He likely had a few more points, a few more boards and maybe another block in him. Probably could of got 30/20/10 if Monty had let him.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-28-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Yeah thats what I figured too. What is really crazy though is Davis did this on a night when Asik got 17 boards and 5 blocks himself and came out with 3 minutes left and only played 33 minutes.
    Exactly. Noah played 45 minutes to get that stat line.

Man Ariza is beasting today from three.

What I wouldn't give..

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

What I wouldn't give..
    And it's not even contract year for him!

And it's not even contract year for him!
    Playing against the Lakers is like like contract year for everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

What I wouldn't give..
    Yeah Jrue, Evans, Ariza, Davis, Asik and Ryno is a contender team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Announced sell out crowd of 17,097 but actual attendance was much less, probably 12,000 max. Spotty but managed to get a little rowdy at the end of the 3rd after Ryno made three 3 PT shots in a row.
    You do realize that 12,000 would look almost empty? I thought crowd look real nice mid third quarter but could look better. I think Dallas game will be slammed. I'd say they had 16k in attendance.

Yeah Jrue, Evans, Ariza, Davis, Asik and Ryno is a contender team IMO.
    Drool

Guy on Sportscenter just called Monty a great coach

still can't get over how great we were on the boards.

Tim Legler thinks AD is a lock for the DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    You do realize that 12,000 would look almost empty? I thought crowd look real nice mid third quarter but could look better. I think Dallas game will be slammed. I'd say they had 16k in attendance.
    IDK. SMC capacity listed at 18,000. Announced crowd 17,097. I think was at best 2/3 full. My section had at least 100 empty seats. 60 sections if include suites, etc. 60 X 100 = 6000. 18,000 - 6,000 = 12,000. All in all a nice crown but no way near 16,000 in attendance in my humble opinion. But?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Nice shout out from Legler on Sportscenter. Says he'd take Davis third in an all-league draft behind just LeBron and KD. Said he really likes the Pels as an up and coming team, but making playoffs out of the West could still be tough.

What most impressed me tonight was that for much of the game the Pels didn't play all that well. They were something like 3-15 from the line in the first half. Hard to do. They blew a lot of point blank lay-ups and even dunks. And yet they were clearly the stronger team. On a normal night, they win by 30. Even with the guards struggling, they still got to the rim consistently. Davis and Asik were bullies on the offensive boards, though they both missed some point blank put backs. I thought the defense was strong, both on the ball and on the back end. In short the team has an identity, one they've been working to put together for a couple of years. It will be hard to stop them from penetrating the paint and it will hard to keep them off the offensive glass. That's a formula for a lot of wins.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Nice shout out from Legler on Sportscenter. Says he'd take Davis third in an all-league draft behind just LeBron and KD. Said he really likes the Pels as an up and coming team, but making playoffs out of the West could still be tough.

What most impressed me tonight was that for much of the game the Pels didn't play all that well. They were something like 3-15 from the line in the first half. Hard to do. They blew a lot of point blank lay-ups and even dunks. And yet they were clearly the stronger team. On a normal night, they win by 30. Even with the guards struggling, they still got to the rim consistently. Davis and Asik were bullies on the offensive boards, though they both missed some point blank put backs. I thought the defense was strong, both on the ball and on the back end. In short the team has an identity, one they've been working to put together for a couple of years. It will be hard to stop them from penetrating the paint and it will hard to keep them off the offensive glass. That's a formula for a lot of wins.
    Agreed. At one point Ryno was 4-15 and Jimmer finished 0-6. I doubt there will be many scenarios where Ryno and Jimmer shoot 4-21. Not many NBA teams complete a game shooting less than 50% FT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Guy on Sportscenter just called Monty a great coach
    If he tightens up and adjusts his rotations a bit and we continue to gel like we should over time, I may start changing my tune and agree with this guy.

AD has the #6 top play on SC for his rebound to one handed dunk and 1 play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    AD has the #6 top play on SC for his rebound to one handed dunk and 1 play.
    He will get a lot of those if EG keeps throwing up garbage like he did on that play

He will get a lot of those if EG keeps throwing up garbage like he did on that play
    Reke also
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Reke also
    Kobe assists. Can't get too upset when you have AD, Asik, and Ryno cleaning up the boards the whole game.

SC is a joke. AD does something that hasn't be done is basically 20 years and they haven't gotten any coverage other than the top play. Howard gets a flagrant 1 for fouling Kobe and they literally cut away from talking about the World Series to show it.

Game Thread: Magic (0-0) Vs. Pelicans (0-0) 7pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Holy crap. The Lakers are cursed. Randle just broke his leg on a play. Don't know the severity of it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-29-2014 at 12:18 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wow. I'd cut that game off too. Got wrapped up in TV Tropes again.

Thread Information