Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Win Loss predictions first 4 games

if we will beat the Mavs we will be 4-0
    5th and 6th game is in SA and Cleveland
    it will be good to have a mental boost

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I'M NOT GETTING MY HOPES UP FOR A NEW ORLEANS TEAM EVER AGAIN. 0-4!
    Reverse psychology.....I like it!

2-2

I think we'll win the Orlando game, and take one of the other three. Last season, Charlotte had 43 wins, Dallas had 49, and Memphis had 50. Charlotte added Stephenson, and Dallas added Parsons and Chandler. These are good teams we're playing. I also think it will take a bit before Asik integrates and Jrue/Ryno reintegrate into the system. I know they had all of preseason, but the regular season is a different ballgame.

We can beat the Mavs now. At full strength I like our chances against just about anyone.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm not going to make a new thread for this, but check this out.

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/usatoday/...ig-lebron-year

5 guys making predictions. 3 of which think the Pelicans can get into the playoffs. Sounds good to me.

Banned
    1-4. After a big opening win in which we lose all of our starters... Jimmer and Rivers have to start in the backcourt and we never get the ball over half-court.

2-2

The Hornets are better and so are the Mavs. So are the two losses.

Can you guess the two wins?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    2-2

I think we'll win the Orlando game, and take one of the other three. Last season, Charlotte had 43 wins, Dallas had 49, and Memphis had 50. Charlotte added Stephenson, and Dallas added Parsons and Chandler. These are good teams we're playing. I also think it will take a bit before Asik integrates and Jrue/Ryno reintegrate into the system. I know they had all of preseason, but the regular season is a different ballgame.
    This is probably a more realistic outcome. The optimist in me wants to say 3-1.

3-1. Only game I'm iffy about is Dallas...but even in that game, I like how our bigs matchup with their ones.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    3-1. Only game I'm iffy about is Dallas...but even in that game, I like how our bigs matchup with their ones.
    Absolutely. AD vs Dirk is going to be a fun battle to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Absolutely. AD vs Dirk is going to be a fun battle to watch.
    Indeed. Asik and Chandler boxing each other out and battling on the boards will be an entertaining battle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Indeed. Asik and Chandler boxing each other out and battling on the boards will be an entertaining battle as well.
    Yep. Asik is stronger and has the bigger body, give him the edge

This early I can see anywhere between 3-1 and 1-3 just based on the 3 quality opponents we face. I'll take 2-2 I think we'll be the underdog against everybody, but Orlando.

Charlotte won 43 in the EAST. Perspective guys. Yes they have Stephenson now but he has a pulled groin so we aren't even sure who we will see or how limited he will be. Plus, it's freaking Charlotte and its a home game.

We also beat Memphis 3-1 for the series last year and should have went 4-0 against them. We match up REALLY well and that's without our starters. They are not a team I am scared to play.

Dallas clearly is a team that I think has the best chance of beating us and I can easily see us going 3-1 but it's s home game Nd the 2nd game of the season. They acquired a couple new pieces and they might need just a bit of time to gel. Later in the season I don't think I'd count it but this early I think we steal one from them.

4-0!

We might not lose a game til January, don't quote me though...

We always play well at Memphis. I think we're 2-1 heading into the Charlotte game and that game's a toss-up for me. Really contingent on how both teams look to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    1-4. After a big opening win in which we lose all of our starters... Jimmer and Rivers have to start in the backcourt and we never get the ball over half-court.
    why would you even take the chance of a jinx like that damn man

So how crazy would this team be if Chris paul was still here and all of the same moves were made save for eric gordon and we still some how managed to get A.D

Kid's growin up.

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    So how crazy would this team be if Chris paul was still here and all of the same moves were made save for eric gordon and we still some how managed to get A.D
    Unpossible.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Unpossible.
    lol man I'm just thinking cause I'm watching those old highlights

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    We'd be the clippers?

Thread Information