Pelicans Report

Thread: Kahwi Leonard unwilling to take less than MAX.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Kahwi Leonard unwilling to take less than MAX.

BUT......that's not the SPURS' way.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Done. Make it happen Dell lol
    Wherehappens.

Parsons and Hayward got a max. In what world is Leonard not going to? Spurs will pay him. Don't get hopes up.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Indeed. Kahwai is trying to get his.
    Duncan got his back in the day.

BUT........

What if Spurs end up with a Lance Stephenson dilemma?

(edit)
    I'm not saying WE could get him. But if he could be had from SAS, things would be very interesting in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Indeed. Kahwai is trying to get his.
    Duncan got his back in the day.

BUT........

What if Spurs end up with a Lance Stephenson dilemma?

(edit)
    I'm not saying WE could get him. But if he could be had from SAS, things would be very interesting in our division.
    But, They won't end up with a Lance Stephenson dilemma. Leonard will get paid. It's really that simple.

According to some here, Leonard isn't a max guy. Maybe those posters work in the SA front office.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

San Antonio will give him the max if they have to no question, he's not going anywhere

I think the Spurs have gotten a little spoiled with their big 3 all taking less than market value. But all this guys got their money first. Leonard is the future for them and they should give him a max with little delay as to avoid any potential ill feelings long term.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-27-2014 at 12:11 PM.

With what Parsons and Hayward got I don't blame him

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Look, Why-Why (as Timmy D calls him, lol) will get paid.. but I have two questions here. Is this a case of the Spurs trying to get "cute"? Relying on their track record and saying, "what the hell, lets see what he says?" or is this a peak behind the curtain on Leonard? I tend to think its the former, but why risk playing with something that ain't broke?

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Look, Why-Why (as Timmy D calls him, lol) will get paid.. but I have two questions here. Is this a case of the Spurs trying to get "cute"? Relying on their track record and saying, "what the hell, lets see what he says?" or is this a peak behind the curtain on Leonard? I tend to think its the former, but why risk playing with something that ain't broke?
    Considering he's a RFA i'm not as sure it's a homer signing because they have some leverage. Then again, the Spurs run their Org pretty well so in the end i agree.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If he's a rfa i don't see many problems...someone will undoubtedly offer him the max if he hasn't signed for the spurs yet

Thread Information