Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toronto waives Jordan Hamilton?

Toronto waives Jordan Hamilton?

Is this the same guy many posters coveted, in regards to a possible bargain at SF?

12, 6, 16, 13, 5 were his numbers in 5 preseason gamesw a .571 FG% and shooting 50% from the arc

stiemsma made the raptors
    reports from the preseason call him a "foul machine"
    LOL

Now this is they guy I would love to get, please make it happen Demps.

yes, sign him

So, we need to sign Ingles, Covington, Q. Miller, and Jordan Hamilton now.

Dell better getz to cuttin peoples.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's a very vocal minority that are in favor of him. As for my opinion, I refer you to Neutral President:

Can we just start a sticky thread titled: "Let's sign (insert SF who has a pulse)"

It would be far more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can we just start a sticky thread titled: "Let's sign (insert SF who has a pulse)"

I've suggested this before but it won't happen

I actually don't think we need to run out and sign just any warm body at SF, but Hamilton was a guy who was on my offseason radar before he signed with Toronto. The Raps have a ton of wing players and Hamilton started some games while with the Nuggets. Think he shoots a decent percentage from behind the arc. Is he quantitatively better than a Darius Miller? Not sure. But he was a first round pick just three years ago and is still young. I might at least have him in to kick the tires...

'It couldn't hurt' and 'Why not give him a look' are the arguments for every one of these guys. Its not possible to sign everybody. Only 15 roster spots.

IMO, if there was a time to bring in any of these guys, it was prior to camp. Sign any of them now, and they are so far behind guys like Miller, Babbitt, and even Salmons. When talent level is close, but system knowledge is this big of a gap, the guy who knows the system will be the one on the court

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That said, if the Blazer GM goes loco and opportunity to snag someone like Nic Batum for a total steal arrives, that's the kinda player you bring in no matter how far behind they'd be.

Now...for me to continue my master Batum acquisition plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That said, if the Blazer GM goes loco and opportunity to snag someone like Nic Batum for a total steal arrives, that's the kinda player you bring in no matter how far behind they'd be.

Now...for me to continue my master Batum acquisition plan.
    Well, of course.

But when you are talking about the 380th best player vs the 392nd, let's say, knowing the system is huge

I like Hamilton. Even if we were to sign him now... before, and by the time he "catches up" to our other so-called "SF's" he'll still be the one with the most potential of the bunch.

Jordan Hamilton is better than Miller. I'd take him in a heart beat. His preseason shows be would be worth a shot.

'It couldn't hurt' and 'Why not give him a look' are the arguments for every one of these guys. Its not possible to sign everybody. Only 15 roster spots.

IMO, if there was a time to bring in any of these guys, it was prior to camp. Sign any of them now, and they are so far behind guys like Miller, Babbitt, and even Salmons. When talent level is close, but system knowledge is this big of a gap, the guy who knows the system will be the one on the court
    MM,

You wouldn’t waive a player like Withey for the chance to sign Hamilton for the minimum?
    Withey is 5th on the depth chart behind even Young IMO and he will get a lot of DNP’s this season.

The only reason I want to sign another SF is for insurance.
    Your point is very valid that he would need to learn the system, but I would rather that then a 10 day contract guy coming in.
    He has played in Denver, Houston and Toronto…..surely some of the play’s they run will be similar to New Orleans.
    Evans and Gordon will get injured and I just don’t think Salmons, Miller or Babbitt will do.

BTW can we cut Withey who is guaranteed and sign a player like Hamilton with the money we have available in the Salmon’s contract?

For Hamilton? No. I don't think either guy gives us anything, but I like that Withey knows the system and I can attach him to a trade.

#1: Is Small Forward really a problem? IMO, Tyreke gets 28 mins there, Babbitt gets 12, and Ryno gets 8

#2: Even if you think it is, do you really think it can be solved by one of these guys?

I don't. Dell will explore the trade market, and at worst, get someone good next year or great in 2016. But I know that nothing I say will prevent a thread popping up every time a guy listed at SF on the program gets cut. Probably smartest for me to just ignore.

I thought you were an admin, aren't you able to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

For Hamilton? No. I don't think either guy gives us anything, but I like that Withey knows the system and I can attach him to a trade.

#1: Is Small Forward really a problem? IMO, Tyreke gets 28 mins there, Babbitt gets 12, and Ryno gets 8

#2: Even if you think it is, do you really think it can be solved by one of these guys?

I don't. Dell will explore the trade market, and at worst, get someone good next year or great in 2016. But I know that nothing I say will prevent a thread popping up every time a guy listed at SF on the program gets cut. Probably smartest for me to just ignore.
    No I don't think any of these guy's are the solution.

We have already learnt that from last season, as well this preseason.

However I guess it boils down to who fills the spot at an 'average rate' if Tyreke is injured for considerable time.
    We at least have some depth at the other positions, but not at SF.

Do you honestly believe Dell won't bring in a guy on a 10 day contract to fill that void?
    If he does then I hope a player like Hamilton is at least considered if he doesn't go and play overseas.

That would be a smarter move than sign him to a roster spot.

No, I don't. Some 10 day guy would be 4th on the SF depth chart behind Salmons, Miller, and Babbitt, so there would be no point in bringing one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I thought you were an admin, aren't you able to do that?
    No, BSS and this site are not run by the same people, iirc. I don't believe any of the writers for that site are even mods here, but I could be wrong!

Here is my only think about Hamilton. We know what we have in Miller, and it's not much. At this point, he isn't even a rotation guy. He has no confidence, and he just isn't aggressive enough. I'd ditch him for Hamilton any day, mostly because he has better tools to work with. Hamilton can hit the 3, plays defense, rebounds, and he can keep the ball moving. He just needs to put it all together, and he could be a solid rotation guy for us. I'd let Monty see what he can do for him, since he has such an affinity for developing young players.

The Darius Miller experiment is over...

I just don't understand why - if all these SF's had all the tools that some seem to think they do - Why are they getting cut by Denver, LA, Houston, and Toronto? How can a player not even make these other teams' rosters, yet get real minutes for us?

If thats true, that scares me about our team.

Salmons and Miller arent very good. I would think Hamilton could beat them out at least

I just don't understand why - if all these SF's had all the tools that some seem to think they do - Why are they getting cut by Denver, LA, Houston, and Toronto? How can a player not even make these other teams' rosters, yet get real minutes for us?

If thats true, that scares me about our team.
    Does it come down to Hamilton not being a good player or less opportunities?
    All those teams Hamilton has come from have depth at the SF spot.....we do not.

Miller, Salmons and even Babbitt at SF would not be the 2nd or 3rd option at Denver, Houston or Toronto either.

Thread Information