Pelicans Report

Thread: Attended Pelicans vs Mavs in Bossier City

Attended Pelicans vs Mavs in Bossier City

Aside from some struggles with scoring, and other technical aspects of the game, tonight was awesome! My Dad took me to see the New Orleans Jazz vs Houston years ago in Shreveport (Hirsch Memorial). I fell in love with the Jazz. So, tonight's game was WAY more than just a pre-season game for me and for other local fans. Since we have no idea when our team will return, we ate up every second of this experience. To see 10,000 come to the game on a week night was impressive to say the least! Sure I wish it was a sell out, but there was some significant 5-A football going on in town as well so there was some competition there. To see significant playing time by Anthony Davis and other starters was an unexpected surprise. For the game to end with a slam dunk to put it away was just icing on the cake. One writer from N.O. said the crowd was about 60% Dallas fans and 40% Pelicans fans. He obviously did look around at the clear majority Pelicans attire nor the applause when the Pels made a goal vs when the Mavs scored. He was just wrong about his assessment. No matter, it was a banner night. Just like my own Dad took me to a Jazz game, I took my son to the Pels game tonight. Tradition started! I hope 10,000 is enough to get them back! Hope the other fans from the area had half as good of an experience as we did. Go Pelicans!
    Big ol' Pelicans fan up here in North La

Great to hear, 10,000 was a great turnout

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingman View Post
    Aside from some struggles with scoring, and other technical aspects of the game, tonight was awesome! My Dad took me to see the New Orleans Jazz vs Houston years ago in Shreveport (Hirsch Memorial). I fell in love with the Jazz. So, tonight's game was WAY more than just a pre-season game for me and for other local fans. Since we have no idea when our team will return, we ate up every second of this experience. To see 10,000 come to the game on a week night was impressive to say the least! Sure I wish it was a sell out, but there was some significant 5-A football going on in town as well so there was some competition there. To see significant playing time by Anthony Davis and other starters was an unexpected surprise. For the game to end with a slam dunk to put it away was just icing on the cake. One writer from N.O. said the crowd was about 60% Dallas fans and 40% Pelicans fans. He obviously did look around at the clear majority Pelicans attire nor the applause when the Pels made a goal vs when the Mavs scored. He was just wrong about his assessment. No matter, it was a banner night. Just like my own Dad took me to a Jazz game, I took my son to the Pels game tonight. Tradition started! I hope 10,000 is enough to get them back! Hope the other fans from the area had half as good of an experience as we did. Go Pelicans!
    Great commentary, Stingman!
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

Thanks RENFO

Thread Information