Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Mavs Gameday Thread

Jrue has been MIA

1-6

Man, gordon and tyreke cannot get these shots to drop, we should be up by way more at this point, if those two would just start raining them in..

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Wrong. Does this mean Jimmer should start ahead of Tyreke?
    It isn't wrong. There are lots of great PGs that aren't great shooters. Tyreke goes to the basket with the right most of the time. If that isn't there he looks for a bailout pass. Sometimes those end up in assists. I would venture a guess that I have watched a whole lot more Tyreke than you have. He is elite at getting to the rim. If he can't do that your offense stalls.

I said nothing of Jimmer in my post.

38-33 Pelicans lead at half

not the best 12:00 of play by the Pels
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

"We're healthy" "Comaraderie" off and on the court. "Opportunity" are the three final points Dell emphasized ending his radio interview.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Banned
    Babbit 0-2 and +11. Mr. Intangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    It isn't wrong. There are lots of great PGs that aren't great shooters. Tyreke goes to the basket with the right most of the time. If that isn't there he looks for a bailout pass. Sometimes those end up in assists. I would venture a guess that I have watched a whole lot more Tyreke than you have. He is elite at getting to the rim. If he can't do that your offense stalls.

Dude, these are the rules. You are not allowed to have a differing opinion on pelican report favorite players. Save your criticism for Gordon, Salmons et al.

With that said, I'm in agreement. I've been implying this forever
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

"No Reply"

This happened once before
    When I came to your door
    No reply
    They said it wasn't you
    But I saw you peep through your window

I saw the lie, I saw the lie
    I know that you saw me
    As I looked up to your face

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...ayer-this-year
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 10-23-2014 at 08:14 PM.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Dude, these are the rules. You are not allowed to have a differing opinion on pelican report favorite players. Save your criticism for Gordon, Salmons et al.

preach!

All-Star

Meh, Thanks but I can handle myself.

This is going to be Tyreke's breakout year. The crazy part right not this is him playing rusty.

Not trying to be provocative. Just wanted to know if you think Jimmer should start ahead of Tyreke. I value everyones opinion.

Brian Roberts with 14 points so far tonight.

I can't believe people here actually think Reke will average Lebron like numbers this season. The optimism round here is in overdrive

Implying what?

+1

Banned
    I think the comparing Reke to a guy that will barely play threw some people off.

Implying what?
    Let me rephrase. I've been saying that Reke gets to the goal at will, throws up a circus shot, and if that's not there look for the pass. People think EG is not a good fit but I think Reke is a bad fit because he makes other players have to alter their games to accommodate his.

Im on record saying that they should have saved that money for a position of need. Another shooting guard was not a requirement at the time
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 10-23-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Let me rephrase. I've been saying that Reke gets to the goal at will, throws up a circus shot, and if that's not there look for the pass. People the EG is not a good fit but I think Reke is a bad fit because he makes other players have to alter their games to accommodate his.
    Oh. OK thanks. I'll try to remember that. BTW EG just hit a 3 Pt shot on an assist by AD. Starters playing a lot more minutes than expected.

Oh. OK thanks. I'll try to remember that. BTW EG just hit a 3 Pt shot on an assist by AD. Starters playing a lot more minutes than expected.
    Probably because they didn't look particularly sharp.

Don't need to be a pain, but we have our full team out tonight while they barley have their bench on and we are struggling, this won't lead us into the playoffs.

The thing that Reke brings to the team is rebounding. I love that about his game

Feel sorry for the Shreveport fan's. Pelicans shooting 30% and Mav's shooting 31%. Is this due to great D?

jrue has been struggling since him and tyreke been starting

Im not listening or watching the game, but it sounds like that Davis made an and one, missed the free throw, got his own rebound and made another and one lol?

Thread Information