Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans interested in Will Bynum?

Pelicans interested in Will Bynum?

Just saw on espn rumors that after the celtics release Bynum that teams that might be interested are New Orleans, Philly, and Utah. Usually the rumors on espn have sources or some knowledge so is there any credibility to this?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Unless we are about to trade Rivers I have no idea why we would be interested in Will Bynum.

Another PG?

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Just saw on espn rumors that after the celtics release Bynum that teams that might be interested are New Orleans, Philly, and Utah. Usually the rumors on espn have sources or some knowledge so is there any credibility to this?
    Not really... look at it again:

teams that might be interested are New Orleans, Philly, and Utah
    Pure speculation on their part.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 10-21-2014 at 01:11 PM.

They are looking at trades so maybe there has been discussion of a rivers for Bynum swap? It would take Bynum to be what he was for Detroit last year, spark plug off the bench putting up 8-10 a night to make me comfortable with that trade after the fact if it were to actually happen. I just don't usually see speculation on the espn rumor mill it's mostly rumors with sources of some kind that's why I wanted to bring it up. Ainge is in Boston still and loves Rivers.

I would never trade a 22 year old who at the very worst has potential to get better than a 31 year old who is currently a slight upgrade. They would have to throw in a pick or something. Still wouldn't do it but just saying no way is that trade = 1 for 1.

if we start evans it looks like we need a better ball handler with our second unit. wish russ got more preseason run but he's still a ways away

I think the benefit of grabbing Bynum if he gets waived would simply be to give Dell more options. He wouldn't necessarily get minutes but if a trade presents itself midseason for a SF, it would be nice to be able to offer Rivers without having to worry about skipping a beat in the 2nd unit.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    if we start evans it looks like we need a better ball handler with our second unit. wish russ got more preseason run but he's still a ways away
    We need a better ball handler than Rivers for the 2nd unit? Damn we in trouble then.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I think the benefit of grabbing Bynum if he gets waived would simply be to give Dell more options. He wouldn't necessarily get minutes but if a trade presents itself midseason for a SF, it would be nice to be able to offer Rivers without having to worry about skipping a beat in the 2nd unit.
    If he's waived and it's not a trade alright, but who do you cut on the roster to make room for a guy who may be needed just in case we trade Rivers down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    We need a better ball handler than Rivers for the 2nd unit? Damn we in trouble then.
    Austin was getting killed when they were pressing in the 4th quarter last night

I think we would have to make a series of small trades, though, in order to bring in Bynum. Or possibly go Withey for Bynum? Boston gets some youth, potential, and a minimal rookie contract; and we get some much needed depth.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Not for Rivers.

And I nearly became very upset when I misread the title of the post.

That last name has become poison to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Austin was getting killed when they were pressing in the 4th quarter last night
    Has this been a concern in the regular season?

No thanks.

No way
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Chill out people, when was the last time Dell made a mistake on a low level type roster move like this, besides it's only speculation.

Thread Information