Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Case for Tyreke as our 2nd best player this year

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    The year before that wasn't he like 2nd in the entire NBA though?
    2nd? No. No. Not 2nd. His average is good to very good but he's never been elite at finishing around the rim.

Banned
    How is our second best player going to be our starting SF and Backup PG?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    How is our second best player going to be our starting SF and Backup PG?
    It could work depending on how Monty staggers the minutes. During the brief time the team was healthy last year, Jason Smith started at C, got pulled for Ryno around the 5 min mark of the 1st qtr, then was still able to start the 2nd qtr playing with the bench mob.

I could see similar with Tyreke but for more minutes than Smith of course.

ETA: I think Monty mentioned in a recent interview about not getting to see Tyreke run with the 2nd unit as much as he would have liked in preseason. I'll try to look for it. With the 2nd unit he'd be paired back with Anderson, would be the alpha-dog ballhandler unlike in the starting lineup, and he'd allow Rivers/Jimmer to be off the ball which Monty said he prefers with those two.
    Last edited by djpaul89; 10-22-2014 at 07:50 PM.

I thought this was obvious, unless Jrue takes that next step

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Found it! http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...cart_big-photo

New Orleans Pelicans*coach Monty Williams said on Tuesday that they have plans for guards Jimmer Fredette and Austin Rivers fulfilling separate roles off the bench this season.

''They’re two different players all together,'' Williams said. ''The problem with trying to figure that group out is that they haven’t had a chance to play with Tyreke (Evans) in the second unit.

''But in a perfect world, I want to have Tyreke handling the ball more and Austin or Jimmer in a scoring role, along with John (Salmons) are whoever else playing that backup three spot.With tyreke handling the ball, it frees them up to do what they like to do, which is score the ball.''

Thread Information