Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs. Wizards Preseason Game thread @ Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I'll like to see Gordon to get more aggressive.
    Yep, that's why he needs to be in the 2nd unit. Put Jimmer in the 1st group at SG, so he spaces the floor for Reke and Davis. Gordon in the 2nd unit can dominate the ball, which best suits his game. Monty really needs to realize that all 3 guards shouldn't start the game together. He needs to stagger them!

[QUOTE=nolaslim213;1248972]Yep, that's why he needs to be in the 2nd unit. Put Jimmer in the 1st group at SG, so he spaces the floor for Reke and Davis. Gordon in the 2nd unit can dominate the ball, which best suits his game. Monty really needs to realize that all 3 guards shouldn't start the game together. He needs to stagger them![/QUOTE.....

Jimmer would get exposed defensively if he ran with 1st unit....I agree Gordon needs to run with the 2nd unit.....

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yep, that's why he needs to be in the 2nd unit. Put Jimmer in the 1st group at SG, so he spaces the floor for Reke and Davis. Gordon in the 2nd unit can dominate the ball, which best suits his game. Monty really needs to realize that all 3 guards shouldn't start the game together. He needs to stagger them!
    Jimmer cannot defend starting pg's or sg's. Just....no.

Start Babbitt at sf with Jrue/Reke at guards and Gordon off the bench.

Reke btw looks like the 2nd best player on the team.
    Last edited by SilkySlim; 10-20-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Tyreke and Jrue are like hand and glove
    like lamb and tuna fish

Withy with the awkward charge. Salmons hit the 3 which is nice.

I'm honestly open to the idea of having the 3 being played by committee ala what we did with the centre position last year. So play whoever is working well at the time for 8-15 minutes at the spot, and put someone else in if they don't produce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Banned
    Doesn't look like he will be with any unit going by the last 2 games. I think the experiment is over.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime View Post
    whitney and rivers is a ****ing trash

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Seraphin likes to has good games vs us.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Dear God, noooooooooooooooooooo

Don't really like Rivers beard. Going to say that Davis wrist is fine, just a little sore.

Been a big Withey supporter but this guy just isn't an NBA player. Could totally see him getting cut at some point this season

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Been a big Withey supporter but this guy just isn't an NBA player. Could totally see him getting cut at some point this season
    But. The summer of Withey!

I would usually read into Jimmer not playing but I think Monty knows what he gets with Jimmer, wants to get this backup SF thing solved

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Dear God, noooooooooooooooooooo
    He did this when he collided with nene..
    Praying to God he will be back for the next game.. but considering he played afterwards for a bit

I love this team but I just can't stand Rivers. It will be a mistake if gets minutes over jimmer

Rivers is getting lit up out there.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Rivers should be taking these guys to school. Instead he's turning the ball over a bunch and making a lot of rookie mistakes. His days are numbered at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Rivers should be taking these guys to school. Instead he's turning the ball over a bunch and making a lot of rookie mistakes. His days are numbered at this rate.

but guys... we guaranteed a winning preseason record again

Man I've never said anything negative about Austin Rivers but that dude is/has been a major disappointment. To be honest he's got all the skills in the world but he's not right in the head, things get to him too easily and Knocks him off his game. I know I'm speaking before the season has started but he has shown no improvement in his game or at least in his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Man I've never said anything negative about Austin Rivers but that dude is/has been a major disappointment. To be honest he's got all the skills in the world but he's not right in the head, things get to him too easily and Knocks him off his game. I know I'm speaking before the season has started but he has shown no improvement in his game or at least in his confidence.
    All the bragging on Youtube about all dat work he's been putting in the offseason then no improvement in game.

It doesn't make sense.

Banned
    That was my first yuck moment with him.

y'all still against my rivers for shabazz idea? haha jk

Gordon needs to get more run with the second unit.

1-6

Thread Information