Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs. Wizards Preseason Game thread @ Baltimore

I'm having real problems keeping my expectations for this team at a realistic level! Just love what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    my concern is the same as it was the other night...

we're playing our starters against essentially the other team's D-League squad... not exactly their best team

guess considering how we were feeling going into the Saints season... I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm a bit
    Yeah, but our bigs are looking great, and Nene/Gortat is one of the best starting front courts in the league. Asik and Davis are dominating them!

we're playing our starters against essentially the other team's D-League squad... not exactly their best team

guess considering how we were feeling going into the Saints season... I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm a bit
    Wizards are still playing with a legit front court.

And it could be worse; we could be losing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Although I love seeing the team do this well, I do wish they'd be playing a team with more Starters on the floor. But I'll take it. Hopefully if the game stays lopsided, we'll see more of our new guys. Get Russ and Patric out there for some good time.

And this is the problem with Monty's rotation.... We need one of Gordon or Evans to be in the game at all times, especially with the 2nd unit.

Babbit D has been nice

1-6

Commentators: "Nothing has been easy for Washington inside all night."

That's how it should be against every team. Every night.

nene, gortat, andre miller, otto porter, temple, seraphin, drew gooden, hardly d-leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, but our bigs are looking great, and Nene/Gortat is one of the best starting front courts in the league. Asik and Davis are dominating them!
    this!

And this is the problem with Monty's rotation.... We need one of Gordon or Evans to be in the game at all times, especially with the 2nd unit.
    i would say 1 of jrue or tyreke needs to be in at all times, simply for passing.

Also, according to the TV companion, Pels are 2-5 on 3's so far. Down form the past few games so far isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    audio?
    Try the Pelicans App

Ajinca is incredibly unimpressive... He is good for no more than 10 minutes a game. Asik should have already been in by now, so I'm hoping these are just Monty's preseason rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i would say 1 of jrue or tyreke needs to be in at all times, simply for passing.
    Yeah, but we need more ball handlers in the game at the same time. I like Gordon because he can handle and shoot off the ball. Evans because he can handle and pass. Jrue needs to be with AD IMO. Their games pair so nicely.

Second unit looks a little out of sync with Rivers at the point. A pass first point would really make the second unit deadly....IMO

nice slam Ajinca
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Yeah, but we need more ball handlers in the game at the same time. I like Gordon because he can handle and shoot off the ball. Evans because he can handle and pass. Jrue needs to be with AD IMO. Their games pair so nicely.
    ahhh i see

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Try the Pelicans App
    No the reason I ask is because i just bought Leaguepass but don't see it available to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    ahhh i see
    Just my opinion though. Any of the 3 would work. I just want Davis and Jrue to spend as much time together as possible. Once they get more chemistry, their PnR could be unstoppable because they can both shoot and finish in the lane. Exciting to think about!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This high camera angle makes me feel like I'm actually in the arena. If I had cataracts...

The Pelicans App audio doesn't work for me. Says I'm out of the area or whatever. If I wanna hear audio, I have to sit here at home.:\

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This high camera angle makes me feel like I'm actually in the arena. If I had cataracts...
    This would be a terrible camera angle to use in MyCareer in NBA 2k.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We absolutely must stay healthy this year. Cuz a healthy squad looks like someone a bunch of scrubs will never beat. And a great team will struggle to slow us down.

And I think a good rotation we could do is to take Gordon out of the 1st earlier than normal, keep Reke on the floor. And let Gordon get a lot of run with our 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter. He could still start, but effectively be like an off the bench player to keep the pressure on opposing team's benches. Then our 2nd half is done as normal.

Just my opinion though. Any of the 3 would work. I just want Davis and Jrue to spend as much time together as possible. Once they get more chemistry, their PnR could be unstoppable because they can both shoot and finish in the lane. Exciting to think about!
    very good point both can shoot, both can drive, making for a very hard pNr to defend against, great point. I love the chemistry that deke and AD have, it is just natural and they just have IT, u could see it from day one.

Anderson at the 3! And Asik with another smash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information