Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bynum

Question Andrew Bynum

The Pacers wavied Bynum, would you be unpset if Dell signed him to a 1 year contract for the league min.

so he can sit on the bench for another year making money doing nothing....totally!

See: Michael Beasley threads

Don't need him, don't want him, NEXT.

Oh and no I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but I'd be perturbed to say the least. 3 solid big rotation with Ajinca giving a good showing for the 4th, plus 2 more bigs, where does bynum go in the rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

No, but why? I know people like to be negative about signing Beasley but he fills a need. Bynum doesn't fill a need he'll just be a luxury signing that's has the potential to be a team cancer, and is injury prone.

I never said i would be in favor of signing him, just curious to see how other posters felt. The only thing i kind of like about Bynum is his age, he is only 26 and has played in some big play-off games over the years.

i hate bynum. he came to alaska a couple summers ago and i saw him in seward. he was also at this really ****ty bar in anchorage called rum runners (its shut down now) He's a bum.

For a minute there I thought you were serious OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I never said i would be in favor of signing him, just curious to see how other posters felt. The only thing i kind of like about Bynum is his age, he is only 26 and has played in some big play-off games over the years.
    Maybe he has some potential, but honestly we don't have a need for any of that with Asik and Davis, and it would just be risk at messing up the team locker room culture.

I like our rotation of Asik, Ajinca, and when need be Withey. That said, would I be upset if we could get him on some partially guaranteed "show me" contract? No. He might be stupid enough to realize that he is playing himself out of the league (and I believe he is), but if he isn't and he comes out in November with some kind of mixed tape of him playing at a YMCA rec league (ala Jason Williams) showing he still has something in the tank, then I am on board.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dont need him

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like our rotation of Asik, Ajinca, and when need be Withey. That said, would I be upset if we could get him on some partially guaranteed "show me" contract? No. He might be stupid enough to realize that he is playing himself out of the league (and I believe he is), but if he isn't and he comes out in November with some kind of mixed tape of him playing at a YMCA rec league (ala Jason Williams) showing he still has something in the tank, then I am on board.
    That's what the Lakers, 76ers, Cavs, and Pacers all thought too.

Fool me once. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's what the Lakers, 76ers, Cavs, and Pacers all thought too.

Fool me once. . .
    What does it matter what he's done other places. The only thing that matters is the contract we sign him to. Same with Beasley in Memphis. Beasley reported had some illness and couldn't compete in camp so within a week the Grizz cut him 0 harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What does it matter what he's done other places. The only thing that matters is the contract we sign him to. Same with Beasley in Memphis. Beasley reported had some illness and couldn't compete in camp so within a week the Grizz cut him 0 harm done.
    Typically you look at a pattern of a person's behavior or help predict what they will do in the future. That's why it matters what he's done on other teams. I'm not saying that you can predict without error with this method but it's true more often than not. You don't want to punish him before he does something again, but you sure as hell can remove yourself from the equation.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What does it matter what he's done other places.
    Quite a lot.

We don't need grandpa on this team

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Bynum doesn't deserve to play with the PELS.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Typically you look at a pattern of a person's behavior or help predict what they will do in the future. That's why it matters what he's done on other teams. I'm not saying that you can predict without error with this method but it's true more often than not. You don't want to punish him before he does something again, but you sure as hell can remove yourself from the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Quite a lot.
    Both of these post are completely missing the point. If we had to make any kind of guarenteed commitment I'd agree. On a completely non-guarenteed contract how does his past even matter? It's a complete free roll. Either he comes in takes his chance serious and contributes or you cut him with no harm done.

Both of these post are completely missing the point. If we had to make any kind of guarenteed commitment I'd agree. On a completely non-guarenteed contract how does his past even matter? It's a complete free roll. Either he comes in takes his chance serious and contributes or you cut him with no harm done.
    Not missing the point. Why go through the drama for a low ceiling move? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Not missing the point. Why go through the drama for a low ceiling move? Makes no sense.
    What drama? Again was there any drama with Beasley and Memphis?

Also Bynum was in the conversation as the best 5 in the game just a few years ago. Calling this deal a low ceiling one is questionable. He's at an age most players start to enter their primes. I'm not even saying sign him we don't need him. But I don't see any logic in the reasoning against doing something like a 1 year non-guarenteed league min deal. It really doesn't hurt the team at all.

We don't need him at all. In fact, we have too many bigs as it is, so i wouldn't sign him personally.

No. I got your point. It's simply not worth it. He's injury prone and a headcase. Even on a completely non-guaranteed contract its simply not worth it. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team for ANY period of time. Only bad could come from it.

I like our bigs also, but the question is after the top 3 would you favor Bynum over Ajinca or Withey especially Withey.

did he really sleep with one of his coaches wife in Cleveland? He's a bust... i don't see any benefit in having him sit on the bench a year. might as well spend the time and effort in developing players that actually deserve it.

Thread Information