Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chase Budinger being Shopped by T-Wolves

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Trade Idea Chase Budinger being Shopped by T-Wolves

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...164257155.html

The Wolves are rebuilding.
    Would he fit here and what would you offer?

I freaking wish
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Five mil seems a bit steep for Chase, especially given that we are going to want to some cap flex next offseason. On the other hand, at 26 he fits the "young vet"/"fallen star" category Dell likes to shop around in...

The T Wolves, Bucks, Denver, Celtics (turner and green) Bulls (Mc Dermott, dunleavy) ,and Magic all have traffic jams at our position of want.

Ya think Gerald Green could play the 3 for us? they got tucker, morris warren at the 3
    and dragic and goodwin at the 2
    all ahead of him on the depth chart

Blazers? Batum Dorell Wright, Will Barton

Kings? Gay and Cassipi

Wizards? martell webster, otto porter, and glen rice

One of the good back-ups will eventually become available

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    The T Wolves, Bucks, Denver, Celtics (turner and green) Bulls (Mc Dermott, dunleavy) ,and Magic all have traffic jams at our position of want.

Ya think Gerald Green could play the 3 for us? they got tucker, morris warren at the 3
    and dragic and goodwin at the 2
    all ahead of him on the depth chart

Blazers? Batum Dorell Wright, Will Barton

Kings? Gay and Cassipi

Wizards? martell webster, otto porter, and glen rice

One of the good back-ups will eventually become available
    Middleton would start here and he's the buck 4th option at sf.

1-6

We can't match salaries to get him. I know that every time a SF is said to be on the block that there will be a thread on here, but this one won't happen.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We can't match salaries to get him. I know that every time a SF is said to be on the block that there will be a thread on here, but this one won't happen.
    If they wanted to part with Rivers, would Rivers and Babbitt not work?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Per league rules, yes. But, that even further limits our cap room next year, and if the Pels make any trades this year expect Dell to give up more salary than he takes back. Don't kill the messenger, but Dell is working with a hard cap imposed by the owner right now. He won't be taking on any additional salary - especially for a marginal player.

Banned
    He fits our fragile profile.

Per league rules, yes. But, that even further limits our cap room next year, and if the Pels make any trades this year expect Dell to give up more salary than he takes back. Don't kill the messenger, but Dell is working with a hard cap imposed by the owner right now. He won't be taking on any additional salary - especially for a marginal player.
    How can Benson demand a winner than limit Demps like that? Makes no sense if we where going to be cap cautions you can't demand a playoff caliber team the two doesn't add up.

I never understood the Budinger love. He is a below average defender, and an average shooter. I don't know what he does that's considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I never understood the Budinger love. He is a below average defender, and an average shooter. I don't know what he does that's considered good.
    He used to dunk a lot but then his knees gave out.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    How can Benson demand a winner than limit Demps like that? Makes no sense if we where going to be cap cautions you can't demand a playoff caliber team the two doesn't add up.
    I think it's because of the Asik Poison pill. 80m this year. I'm also not worried because with the new Tv contract this number will go up. Also keep in mind that 80m is multiple million over the Luxury cap.

I don't think Benson is being cheap saying lets Limit the cost to 80m this year.

Edit: my mistake. 75m. Right near the cap.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-16-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Banned
    He has/had a lot of skills on and off the ball. He was just a justasteptooslow in executing.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think Babbitt is outplaying his contract at the moment. Would hate to give him up or the potential of Rivers.

I know I'll be hated for mentioning EJ, but he for Budinger/Martin works salary-wise.

I know. I started it partially to troll you, partially because it's been a fairly boring preseason with not much televised action.

Thought Budinger was a fairly decent threat at the corner 3 with good size/speed combination for his position.

Can he at least guard his position?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    God budinger is so mediocre. Grass greener situation

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Thought Budinger was a fairly decent threat at the corner 3 with good size/speed combination for his position.
    Go look at his stats. He's been as injured as Gordon the past 3 years and hasn't shot well in 2 years. No way we trade for a $5 million question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    He has a $75 mil budget. Not exactly like he is pinching pennies. And maybe Benson bends if it is for a guy who matters or if we start out hot, but not for Budinger. Not now.

ANd I am happy about that. Why hurt ourselves next summer for a small possible upgrade who will likely get hurt anyway

He has a $75 mil budget. Not exactly like he is pinching pennies. And maybe Benson bends if it is for a guy who matters or if we start out hot, but not for Budinger. Not now.

ANd I am happy about that. Why hurt ourselves next summer for a small possible upgrade who will likely get hurt anyway
    Thanks for being the voice of reason, i for one appreciate it.

I don't disagree. I just was saying that they could match the salary if they wanted to. I am not sure it would be worth it for Budinger. If her were on a more reasonable deal, maybe it would be worth it. I kinda like you suggestion of Withey or Withey and a another contract for a SF.

I think people have to just accept that we have what we have at the SF position. Would enjoy the season more IMO, as opposed to always looking for someone else to save the day

Did someone say... BATUUUUUUMMMMMMM?!?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Did someone say... BATUUUUUUMMMMMMM?!?

batum would be the picture perfect absolute best fit on this team, but it aint happening unless they are dying for ryno.

Thread Information