Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bulls GM on Asik deal

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm curious to see if he weighs 240 come April. The math is simple, but I just don't think people realize how much weight you are asking him to put on. How many players have put on 50 pounds from their rookie season that isn't just fat?
    Not many players are anthony davis but I think he came in the league at 222, so it would actually only be 38 pounds. I see what your saying though.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Not many players are anthony davis but I think he came in the league at 222, so it would actually only be 38 pounds. I see what your saying though.
    Yeah I got his weight wrong from when he entered the league. I was thinking about when he ended the year at 212.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/s...heavier-061814

Davis ended this past season weighing in at about 220 pounds. Keeping the weight on in his sophomore season was a struggle for Davis, given he played a team high 35.2 minutes per game. At the end of Davis' rookie year, he weighed just 212 pounds, a true lightweight amongst successful NBA power forwards.
    That's why I'm curious to see what he weighs in at the end of the season.

Back to the topic
    I always wonder how come a team that featured Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, and Taj Gibson as bench players never won a title
    Last edited by odine; 10-20-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    Back to the topic
    I always wonder how come a team that featured Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, and Taj Gibson as bench players never won a title
    LeBron and Rose injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    LeBron and Rose injuries.
    LeBron was injured?

LeBron was injured?
    :v

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    :v

Just being a smart ***

Just being a smart ***
    I know. I was thinking about how that sentence could be misinterpreted while typing it but was phone posting and didn't care enough to fix it.

Bulls GM on Asik deal

Reke, has said it. Davis has said it himself and even Monty has said it. That's all I need to hear.
    That didn't stop Coach K from playing him at C and AD doing it while putting a gold medal around his neck this summer. If it's a matter of winning I don't think AD will have a problem doing it. I'm sure they consider his preference but I'm also sure he will do what is needed of him.

There is a difference between "Davis will get minutes at center" and "Davis will play center full time" or "Davis in his prime is a center". At least to me there is. I don't think anyone would disagree with the first point.
    Davis is a C in his prime does not mean that he will play C 100%. It means he will get the majority of his minutes there. Majority can be anything 51%+

And when I think of that I think of Love as the best fit next to him. You get the shooting of Ryno with VERY good rebounding. Any lack of defense by Love is made up for by AD and on offense I see them as unstoppable.

Like I said this is all pretty much irrelevant because high odds it never happens. It was simply an off handed comment that somehow has blown up because people are hating on love now. It's a comment that has been made multiple times over the years and was never like this before having Asik and before Love going to the now hated Cavs.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-20-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That didn't stop Coach K from playing him at C and AD doing it while putting a gold medal around his neck this summer. If it's a matter of winning I don't think AD will have a problem doing it. I'm sure they consider his preference but I'm also sure he will do what is needed of him.
    Well 1st off let's acknowledge that we are talking about international play, not NBA. AD is the ideal 5 for FIBA style play because they are more away from the basket league and not traditional NBA big men. 2nd What other choice did USA have? AD was the only big man with Olympic experience. Cousins was brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Davis is a C in his prime does not mean that he will play C 100%. It means he will get the majority of his minutes there. Majority can be anything 51%+

And when I think of that I think of Love as the best fit next to him. You get the shooting of Ryno with VERY good rebounding. Any lack of defense by Love is made up for by AD and on offense I see them as unstoppable.

Like I said this is all pretty much irrelevant because high odds it never happens. It was simply an off handed comment that somehow has blown up because people are hating on love now. It's a comment that has been made multiple times over the years and was never like this before having Asik and before Love going to the now hated Cavs.
    I don't see Davis in his prime ever playing more than half of his minutes at center. Also, I don't understand the Kevin Love hate, you didn't hear any of that from me.

Thread Information