Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY THREAD! OKC vs the Pels final preseason home game.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    How does okc have 45 points? They are playing a horrendous lineup tonight, they shouldn't score over 80 points I mean common perry jones and Sebastian telfair? I like the offensive numbers but dang... I can't watch the game so could somebody inform me if our D is playing good or are the thunder overachieving??
    We locked them down the first quarter, scored 36, held them to 18. Then we got lazy in the second for a couple stretches and OKC got a a few bunches of scores.

EDIT: Watching the third quarter and I think a lot of it is also just not killing ourselves on defense because its the preseason. For instance there was a turnover where if it were the regular season Davis probably would of done a circus leap to attempt a block after chasing down the player or at least foul but he just let him finish.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-16-2014 at 08:37 PM.

nice pass by jimmer

1-6

everything tonight sounds so good... but it's so hard to get a gauge on things considering how many back-ups and camp bodies OKC is playing
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Very unselfish team ball, spurs like

Ad might be top 3 in scoring this year. I wouldnt put 26 points a game past him. Anyone know where 26 ppg would have finished overall last year?

Great movement. Anjica has improved.

AnDirkson

we talk about AD being in midseason form

the RYNO is also in midseason form when he's hitting those faders and turnaround jumpers

Ok I just saw rivers had a dunk, can anyone describe it?

Saw the highlight of Rivers missing the open layup. SMH. This is what you were supposed to fix in the off season. Just go left.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ok I just saw rivers had a dunk, can anyone describe it?
    all alone on a break... but wow he got up and flushed it home

take PRob's INT from 2 Sundays ago... make it more vertical... that's the kinda arc Rivers had as he got up and slammed it home

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Saw the highlight of Rivers missing the open layup. SMH. This is what you were supposed to fix in the off season. Just go left.
    seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    everything tonight sounds so good... but it's so hard to get a gauge on things considering how many back-ups and camp bodies OKC is playing
    Im really just looking at the chemistry, flow and play style. I hope it represents the way Monty is planning on running the team this year because for the first time in a while I am impressed. He seems to understand the strengths of our players and is running the team in a way to maximize it.

all alone on a break... but wow he got up and flushed it home

take PRob's INT from 2 Sundays ago... make it more vertical... that's the kinda arc Rivers had as he got up and slammed it home
    Wow thanks thats awesome. If someone could post a highlight or gif of it I would forever be in ur debt

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    seriously???
    ?

The third 5 are on now

Another game another 120 points on the board.

If I had one concern for the team right now it would be Rivers continuing low efficiency on offense coupled with the apparent green light Monty has given him according to interviews. He is 30% tonight and that is about where he is at on the preseason.

Though I will say he seems to play better each game this preseason and does everything else well, he has even hit his FT's the last two games. Also given his minutes I think Monty clearly wanted to see what he had in Rivers tonight.

I know people are hoping he has a breakout season but Im no longer that confident. I think he looks poised to play a bit better then last season but he doesn't look like he is about to turn the corner into the player at #10 we were hoping to get. IMO of course.

Another game another 120 points on the board.
    averaging 118.5 ppg inside the SKC

IT'S THE BEAK IN THE LANE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are making so many free throws. One thing preseason doesn't really affect.

averaging 118.5 ppg inside the SKC

IT'S THE BEAK IN THE LANE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Pelican inside the 3 point line is beyond horrible.

The Pelican inside the 3 point line is beyond horrible.
    but the BEAK is guiding all those 3 pointers home

wow.. NOP didn't trail at all in either of the 2 games inside the SKC

edit: sorry I'm a lil tipsy and misread that at 1st...

and the new court is awesome... this rebrand is nearly complete w/ almost all As in my book

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If I had one concern for the team right now it would be Rivers continuing low efficiency on offense coupled with the apparent green light Monty has given him according to interviews. He is 30% tonight and that is about where he is at on the preseason.

Though I will say he seems to play better each game this preseason and does everything else well, he has even hit his FT's the last two games. Also given his minutes I think Monty clearly wanted to see what he had in Rivers tonight.

I know people are hoping he has a breakout season but Im no longer that confident. I think he looks poised to play a bit better then last season but he doesn't look like he is about to turn the corner into the player at #10 we were hoping to get. IMO of course.
    He scored 11 points on 10 FGA's. Also had 5 assists and zero turnovers. So, basically, he contributed 22 points on 16 field goal attempts (one of his assists was a Jimmer 3).

Pulled down 5 defensive rebounds after Monty called out our guards for not rebounding.

I would say there was also a lot of good tonight.
    @mcnamara247

We only shot 16 3 balls, need to keep that number up if we want to score 140 SMH

Rivers sure is burying dem free throws though. Good to see.

Thread Information