Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MVP

MVP

anyone catch the dan patrick show today? he talked a little bit about MVP nominees and one that stood out to him was AD. He also went on to say AD would never get it because he's in "no mans land" and New Orleans doesn't have good team. what are your thoughts on MVP going to Anthony Davis. Is Durant still a factor since he's he'll be out for almost 2 months maybe more? Also i know its all unrealistic to say right now before the season.

i think if we end up top 6 he has a real shot. Basically a season like blazers improvement last year which came down a lot to fortunate health, chemistry & player development

I think KD could still win it, Westbrook could drive the ship to the ground and KD could come and have them fight for a playoff spot.

I think AD could possibly get it. It's gunna be crazy hard. I think Lebron is the early fave cause of all the hype around him returning home, especially if they come out strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    I think KD could still win it, Westbrook could drive the ship to the ground and KD could come and have them fight for a playoff spot.

I think AD could possibly get it. It's gunna be crazy hard. I think Lebron is the early fave cause of all the hype around him returning home, especially if they come out strong.
    Wouldn't rule out Westbrook either... he could easily average over 30ppg until Durant gets back

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Wouldn't rule out Westbrook either... he could easily average over 30ppg until Durant gets back
    Yeah that's easily the reverse of the coin. Westbrook leads the thunder to number 1 seed in the west while Durant is out.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Sure, it will just take him 28 shots to get that 30 lol

i think if we end up top 6
    It will take more than a 6 seed. Look at the past winners, they are always on the top teams. The team needs to be a 2 seed for AD to have a real shot.

He will have to put up historic numbers. I think it can be done though. Chris Paul damn near did it. But had Chris been in a place like Chicago or NY, no doubt in my mind he would of won it.

i could see lebron and love leveling each other out, especially with kyrie being there too. also if griffins jump shot becomes a bust i don't see him getting it.

If I had to handicap the top five MVP prospects I'd say
    1. James
    2. Westbrook
    3. Griffin/Paul
    4. Harden/Howard
    5. Rose

All players on teams I think has a chance to be in the top 3 in either conference.

Yeah, we need to slow our roll on the MVP talk. I' d think a good goal for 21-yr-old AD would be to establish himself as a top ten player in the league. That's a worthy and ambitious goal for this year.

Let's get to the playoffs 1st, then the Finals in a couple of years, then we can worry about Davis not getting enough respect for MVP talk.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Let's get to the playoffs 1st, then the Finals in a couple of years, then we can worry about Davis not getting enough respect for MVP talk.
    I heard it on the dan patrick show... They talked mostly about him... and the season hasn't started. If anything There's too much talk...

Anywho, I think if his numbers get slightly better than last year, the support cast is healthy, and we make the playoffs. He would be considered top 5 for sure.

Remember recent history, the voters love the next big thing, with KD injured at the start of the season, he will have some catching up to do. I believe Lebron will be resting and facilitating more, also he already has a couple. I can easily foresee AD having a Derrick Rose like impact this season and catching the burning gaze of the ESPN hype machine.

If nola is no man's land, what exactly is OKC?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I have to assume when he referred to New Orleans as no man's land, he was explicitly talking about the team, not the city. Because he immediately said the team wasn't good right?

Well, we have a long season to prove him wrong. If this team can take off the way it's been, and teams can't collapse on AD or we rain 3s on their head, then AD can continue to get his points with ease.

Not to mention I been to OKC. It's not NOLA. It was founded in 1889 which is over 50 years younger than my apartment and 169 years younger than Nola.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Sure, it will just take him 28 shots to get that 30 lol
    He would have the biggest green light ever now.

if AD averages 26-11-3 like i think he will then yes he has a shot

Before pre season i managed to get odds of 50/1 on Davis to win MVP... £5 bet.... Returns £250.... $500 roughly =)
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if AD averages 26-11-3 like i think he will then yes he has a shot
    This will not be popular on here but I honestly think AD averaging a double double is in jeopardy. Asik is going to eat up the boards.

This will not be popular on here but I honestly think AD averaging a double double is in jeopardy. Asik is going to eat up the boards.
    Nah dw man, Davis in the last two preseason games got 8 rebounds in both games at the end of the 3rd.. We were one of the worst rebounding teams last year, we will improve with Asik but Davis is still getting that double double.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Nah dw man, Davis in the last two preseason games got 8 rebounds in both games at the end of the 3rd.. We were one of the worst rebounding teams last year, we will improve with Asik but Davis is still getting that double double.
    In the last 2 preseason games Asik has played in 10 less minutes than Davis and had 1 more rebound. I'm not saying he won't do it, I just don't think it's going to be as easy as it was last year.

I think AD is a few seasons away from competing for MVP, but it would be awesome if he won it this year and became the youngest MVP in NBA history.

Thread Information