Pelicans Report

Thread: RYNO, basketball movie critic, picks best bball movie of all time

RYNO, basketball movie critic, picks best bball movie of all time

http://deadspin.com/ryan-anderson-br...ium=socialflow

On why he had White Men Can't Jump go all the way to the final: "Me being a white man that can't jump, it just makes sense to me."

On why Space Jam wins the bracket: "At the end of the day, they're trying to fight for the greater good. They're fighting for humanity."
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Worked on Glory Road and helped my friend get the job as DP on Thunderstruck. Glad to see they made the list

Space jam is goat

1-6

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    White Men Can't Jump wins all. Wesley Snipes/Woody Harrelson/Rosie Perez triumphs EVERYTHING!

Love the way Ryno misspells "Eddie".

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Love & Basketball vs. White Men Can't Jump is a helluva a first round matchup.

Teen Wolf over Hoop Dreams? Seriously, Ryno?

NEVER, EVER, question the Ryno. His confidence is at an all time high and 3 pt shooters are all about confidence. I agree 100% with Ryno. Always. (Having said that, my favorite is Hoosiers. Was Jimmer on that team?)
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 10-15-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

On Space Jam: "Number one, Bill Murray's in it. Forget about Michael Jordan for a second."
    This man knows movies.

What about Basketball Diaries?

...we get to go McDonalds
    My favorite movie on that list is finding forrester, but that's not really about basketball. Best basketball movie is easily Hoosiers.

Jimmy: "I play, coach stays. He goes, I go."

Honestly, he's a funny guy and all, but he's getting paid millions to be a professional athlete. I'd rather see him spend time squatting and doing cardio, trying to lose some of that flab, than write articles.

He really kind of annoys me, proudly agreeing with the thought that "white men can't jump". The genetic profiles among individuals in the US in particular aren't as black or white as people tend to believe. Don't tell any of that to ryan anderson though, he just wants to do food columns in every city he visits and not exert himself too much.

Sorry. I know he's a fan favorite, but he blocked me for questioning his defense on twitter and I think he's a bit of a wuss.

A pro basketball player who always talks about his hairline, the Walking Dead, lunches, how many instagram followers he has, being a hypocritical christian, etc. on twitter. Softest guy on the team.
    Last edited by Writhe; 10-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Just found out that both of the films I'm working on this fall will be shooting in the arena. GeoStorm on Tuesday and Daddy's Home (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) some time in December

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Honestly, he's a funny guy and all, but he's getting paid millions to be a professional athlete. I'd rather see him spend time squatting and doing cardio, trying to lose some of that flab, than write articles.

He really kind of annoys me, proudly agreeing with the thought that "white men can't jump". The genetic profiles among individuals in the US in particular aren't as black or white as people tend to believe. Don't tell any of that to ryan anderson though, he just wants to do food columns in every city he visits and not exert himself too much.

Sorry. I know he's a fan favorite, but he blocked me for questioning his defense on twitter and I think he's a bit of a wuss.

A pro basketball player who always talks about his hairline, the Walking Dead, lunches, how many instagram followers he has, being a hypocritical christian, etc. on twitter. Softest guy on the team.
    Obviously you aren't bias on the subject at all.

I agree. I want my team to be composed of illiterate barbarians who eat steel and crap bullets. But when people criticize them on social media they respond calmy and collected. Thats how I know theyre not soft. As we all know, anime avatars are for us tough guys and only the most cut throat tough guys have ever succeeded in basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I agree. I want my team to be composed of illiterate barbarians who eat steel and crap bullets. But when people criticize them on social media they respond calmy and collected. Thats how I know theyre not soft. As we all know, anime avatars are for us tough guys and only the most cut throat tough guys have ever succeeded in basketball.
    Would you call Ernest Hemingway an illiterate barbarian? No. He was just a man. The NBA is a man's game and i'm fine with some warmhearted sentiments, but i haven't seen ANY fire in RYNO.

Would you call Ernest Hemingway an illiterate barbarian? No. He was just a man. The NBA is a man's game and i'm fine with some warmhearted sentiments, but i haven't seen ANY fire in RYNO.
    Your missing the point. No one values you opinion on the topic of Ryno because you are clearly forming opinions that have been skewered by your experiences with him.

The entire basis of hating on him in this thread is a fallacy. The truth is basketball is a game and all kinds of people play it. Ryno is obviously successful given the amounts of money he has made and will make, so hating on HOW he plays as if it is wrong is not justified.

hoosiers is my fav by far. surprised semi-pro didn't make the cut

No love for The 6th Man with Marlon Wayans and Kadeem Hardison?

What about Juwanna Man?

Thread Information