Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wow Jimmert is the turth!

I don't think we have been throwing any resources at the sf problem. We haven't been putting a bandage on that shot gun wound, we have just been letting it go undressed and hoping that the opponents sf has an off night.

Finding very good shooters isn't hard...it used to be (for us at least), but not any longer. Thats why I was all for bringing in Swaggy P. I wonder what it would take to get Jeremy Evans over here, or Jeff Adrian. Neither are all world, but both have solid games.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Gosh i haven't even seen him in the regular season but i can't wait for him and his fanatic fanbase to move someplace else.

Couldn't we retain morrow? No? Not really? *sigh*
    Kick rocks.

The suffering of the man who paid $1000 for tickets and the man who paid $1 for tickets are the same. Its all proportionate to what you can afford to pay for your suffering.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    After last night's game Jimmer is now shooting 60% from the field and 58% from 3pt land. He's averaging 24pts per 36 and 32pts per 48. Yeah, it's preseason I know, but those are elite numbers. The shooting % is almost too good to be true. As far as his "bad" defense, watching/listening to these last four games, it's way overblown. On the 10 or so attempts to score on him last night, I only saw maybe one of those shots actually go in the bucket from his man.

I think most were thinking this team could find an 8th seed in the playoffs this year if AD and Anderson stayed healthy, but I don't think many expected this extra dynamic. I've never seen a second unit as explosive as this one, they were literally raining 3s last night in the 4th, making it look so easy. If Jimmer keeps playing like this in the reg season, and even improving when he settles in, the western conference better watch out...
    There is no way that Jimmer can maintain this level of production for an entire season. 58% from three isn't going to happen and neither is 60% from 2. It will be interesting to see the reaction on the board when he struggles a couple a game in a row.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't think we have been throwing any resources at the sf problem. We haven't been putting a bandage on that shot gun wound, we have just been letting it go undressed and hoping that the opponents sf has an off night.

Finding very good shooters isn't hard...it used to be (for us at least), but not any longer. Thats why I was all for bringing in Swaggy P. I wonder what it would take to get Jeremy Evans over here, or Jeff Adrian. Neither are all world, but both have solid games.
    Probably not that much for Jeremy Evans. Not sure he is you answer at the 3 though.

The suffering of the man who paid $1000 for tickets and the man who paid $1 for tickets are the same. Its all proportionate to what you can afford to pay for your suffering.
    Yea right, that ridiculous. If all you can afford is $1 then your right about suffering but its not in proportion to the outcome of the team, its in life. And i pay way more than $1000 and for that money i don't want to see Dan Dickau type athletes.

Banned
    NOLA NBA, stop sending me personal messages about Jimmer. You creeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Probably not that much for Jeremy Evans. Not sure he is you answer at the 3 though.
    We have Evans who we will play at sf, and while he isn't a true sf, we will play him as such. I am just looking for a guy to come in here and be a glue person. I think that both Adrian and Evans fill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Yea right, that ridiculous. If all you can afford is $1 then your right about suffering but its not in proportion to the outcome of the team, its in life. And i pay way more than $1000 and for that money i don't want to see Dan Dickau type athletes.
    You want to see Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Howard, Nash, and whoever elses jersey you own, I get it.

You want to see Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Howard, Nash, and whoever elses jersey you own, I get it.
    Ha, never owned a jersey in my life. No i don't want to see guys whose talent level is equal to mine. I want to see great athletes. Dan Dickau/Jimmer Fredette are not professional athletes in my humble noble opinion. They are good for what they were good at, college basketball. Leave it there Dan/Jimmer, the NBA isnt for you!

Apparently heart, grit, and determination aren't for you, which begs the question...how do you think guys like Lebron, Kobe, CP3, etc. got to where they were? Just loafing around?

I don't know who is saying that Jimmer or Dickau will lead a team to the finals, or win an MVP, but NBA teams are filled with guys just like them. Our team just happens to have Jimmer and Rivers while a team like the Clippers have an Ekpe Udoh, and Hedo Turkalough. Teams have bench guys. Aint no shame in having bench guys.

Lebron, Kobe, CP3 have heart, grit, determination and GREAT ATHLETIC ABILITY. Dan/Jimmer HAVE LITTLE TO NO ATHLETIC ABILITY. Grit, hustle and heart with no athletic ability will get you through college, but not the NBA. Dude, Jimmer can't hold Turkoglu's jock. Turkoglu smokes three packs a cigarettes a day and still balls.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Ha, never owned a jersey in my life. No i don't want to see guys whose talent level is equal to mine. I want to see great athletes. Dan Dickau/Jimmer Fredette are not professional athletes in my humble noble opinion. They are good for what they were good at, college basketball. Leave it there Dan/Jimmer, the NBA isnt for you!
    Your opinion is neither humble or noble.

Dan Dickau, Mateen Cleaves, Ryan Bowman, Sean Marks. These are the names of men who made long NBA career out of little NBA talent and plenty of G/H/H/D. The NBA is full of these types of guys, so why are you on Jimmer's jock about it? Is somebody here claiming that he is the Pelicans savior or something? I don't think anyone here (that is on the level) think he will be much more than a solid role player in the A. Morrow mold. Is there something wrong with that? Must an NBA team field All Star players like the 03-04 Lakers to command your respect, because if so move on, that will never happen here.

Dan Dickau, Mateen Cleaves, Ryan Bowman, Sean Marks. These are the names of men who made long NBA career out of little NBA talent and plenty of G/H/H/D. The NBA is full of these types of guys, so why are you on Jimmer's jock about it? Is somebody here claiming that he is the Pelicans savior or something? I don't think anyone here (that is on the level) think he will be much more than a solid role player in the A. Morrow mold. Is there something wrong with that? Must an NBA team field All Star players like the 03-04 Lakers to command your respect, because if so move on, that will never happen here.
    I will never stop expressing my opinion as is my right to do do as a long term season ticket holder that spends alot of money on tickets that I do not want Jimmer's on the team I pay to see. Don't want them. I want better. Nothing wrong with expresssing that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You want a better 3 point shooting player on our bench? Um. Well. I mean, okay. Sure, whatever. But it's coming off more like you don't want JimErsay Freedent on the team himself. Like you have something against him.

Express it all you want. Cry it from Benson Towers. Take out a full page ad in the Times Picayune and the Gambit. I am sure Del will take it under consideration, just like he took it under consideration to sign Jomer Fredet.

Express it all you want. Cry it from Benson Towers. Take out a full page ad in the Times Picayune and the Gambit. I am sure Del will take it under consideration, just like he took it under consideration to sign Jomer Fredet.
    Well i'm sure he would listen to people who actually spend money on the team and at games as opposed to 99% of this board who never buy tickets or support the team in any way shape or form.

You are right, money talks. Go knock on his door and demand that he cut/ trade Jimmer (and don't forget to tell him that you are a season ticket holder). Your opinion will probably move ahead of Monty's.

2 questions for you.

1) Whats your beef with Jimmer?
    2) Who would you realistically replace him with?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I love when people pull out the per48 stat! Can't wait for the per72!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Or the Per3936

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Or the Per3936
    I bet Jimmer is elite in that area

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Who is ever going to play 48 minutes per game????

Didn't Jimmy Butler play some crazy amount of minuets last year, to the point where outsiders were screaming for Thibs to sit him? I believe it was a 2 or 3 game span though (not an entire season).

Looking at those numbers now, it appears that Butler played 41.9 and 42.4 mpg in March and April.

Melo, Butler, Durant, DeRozen, and Harden all played over 38 min a game last season.

For all those hating on the Jimmer fanatics for there love affair with the guy I don't understand all the negativity for him from you . He's on this team can we just support him and let's see what he can bring to this team .

Thread Information