Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wow Jimmert is the turth!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And then we will find the next shooter on a min deal. Belinelli to Morrow. Morrow to Jimmer. Jimmer to the next guy. If Dell found 3 of them, I have all the confidence he can find the 4th. And then the 5th. And so on and so forth.
    Yep, nothing at all special about little Jim Jim. Nothing special at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    All he has to do is show them those 3 guys who revitalized their career here and it will be an easy sale. What happens with the cap and Gordon makes the situation hard to predict, but if we like Jimmer and can't keep him, it's most likely because we signed a starting SF. I think most of us would trade Jimmer for someone like Danny Green or Jimmy Butler.
    I like Jimmy Butler alot. Have always wanted him on this team but I was looking at his stats the other day. He shot 28% from three last season and his career is 30%. Not exactly what we need spacing the floor for Tyreke.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Dan Dickau career at best.
    Besides the fact that Dan Dicau's 3pt shot in his best full season he shot worse that Jimmer's worst then sure

Which is the reason Jimmer is in the NBA.

Dan Dickau career at best.
    Dan Dickau had a nice long NBA career. If that is all Jimmer has in him, that wouldn't be anything to raise your nose to.

Besides, like I said the other day when you made this comparison, people loved Dickau. He was the everyman. People loved those teams to death because they have heart.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    All he has to do is show them those 3 guys who revitalized their career here and it will be an easy sale. What happens with the cap and Gordon makes the situation hard to predict, but if we like Jimmer and can't keep him, it's most likely because we signed a starting SF. I think most of us would trade Jimmer for someone like Danny Green or Jimmy Butler.
    It is interesting that Danny Green was bounced from Cleveland because he was viewed as expendable. Now you look at him on a far better team, and he is a key ingredient to their mix. Jimmer was bounced from Sac. because he was viewed as expendable. If we can only be so lucky to see Jimmer be a key to our mix, I wouldn't trade him for either of those guys do to the chemistry he will have built in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Dan Dickau had a nice long NBA career. If that is all Jimmer has in him, that wouldn't be anything to raise your nose to.

Besides, like I said the other day when you made this comparison, people loved Dickau. He was the everyman. People loved those teams to death because they have heart.
    Well love them all you want because when the words heart, hustle, gritty that usually equals to ALOT OF LOSSES.

Well love them all you want because when the words heart, hustle, gritty that usually equals to ALOT OF LOSSES.
    And as a season ticket holder from day one, i hated those teams. I pay money to see great athletes, not heart or hustle. I pay to see superior athletes and winning basketball. Not heart and hustle. Not guys like Dickau, Rivers and Jimmer. Guys that you can find on Sundays playing at the YMCA is most towns.

We had a lot of heart, hustle, and grit last year, and talent to boot, and we still lost.

People loved those teams hun, i remember being at Dickau games with less than 7,000 people in attendance because no body wants to pay money to watch guys with no talent only heart and hustle.

I am sure you are a season ticket holder, and I am sure you love wearing you Lebron, Kobe, and Carmelo jerseys each time those guys come to town.

People loved those teams hun, i remember being at Dickau games with less than 7,000 people in attendance because no body wants to pay money to watch guys with no talent only heart and hustle.
    Tickets were like $5. You could go to a game with the change from your couch. I went to plenty of games that year. At least plenty for me.

You had **** poor attendance during the Lee Nailon, Vroman, Frejie years because the Hornets were horrible at marketing, and they werent established in the city because only people with COX could watch their games. I remember following the team while I was in Utah and thinking, Man if the Jazz can suck (and they were sucking because that was the year they drafted DWill), and sell out games, why can't we given that we have a bigger market, and crazy sports fans. It all fell on **** poor marketing, and an inability by the team to reach out to people to go to games. But those teams had tons of fans in spite of all that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Tickets were like $5. You could go to a game with the change from your couch. I went to plenty of games that year. At least plenty for me.
    I actually went to a few games for less than a dollar thanks to online ticket brokers just giving them away.

It is interesting that Danny Green was bounced from Cleveland because he was viewed as expendable. Now you look at him on a far better team, and he is a key ingredient to their mix. Jimmer was bounced from Sac. because he was viewed as expendable. If we can only be so lucky to see Jimmer be a key to our mix, I wouldn't trade him for either of those guys do to the chemistry he will have built in this team.
    Danny Green is a perfect fit offensively AND defensively for the Spurs. Thats not gonna happen with Jimmer.

As I said - Dell has no problem identifying guards who can shoot and get them at a minimum price every year. If Jimmer plays himself out of the 1- 2 mil per year price range, there will be a couple of guys waiting there next year. It is the easiest skill set to replace for cheap. I wish him all the best this year and wouldn't mind seeing him back in the future, but the team won't pay significant money to keep him, nor should they. Dell has shown he can get a replacement with ease.
    @mcnamara247

You had **** poor attendance during the Lee Nailon, Vroman, Frejie years because the Hornets were horrible at marketing, and they werent established in the city because only people with COX could watch their games. I remember following the team while I was in Utah and thinking, Man if the Jazz can suck (and they were sucking because that was the year they drafted DWill), and sell out games, why can't we given that we have a bigger market, and crazy sports fans. It all fell on **** poor marketing, and an inability by the team to reach out to people to go to games. But those teams had tons of fans in spite of all that crap.
    Guys i'm telling you a season ticket holder of 4 seats from 2002, for very good club seats i don't want to see Dan Dickau or Jimmer Fredette. I pay good money and i want to see great athletes. I do not want hustle, heart and all that crap. I want world class athletes. Not guys from the pickup game at the YMCA. That goes for hundreds of others who don't pay $5 but who pay thousands every year for season tickets. We don't want slow, non athletic guys with heart.

I actually went to a few games for less than a dollar thanks to online ticket brokers just giving them away.
    I wonder why, because it should be free to watch Dan Dickau/Jimmer.

I wonder why, because it should be free to watch Dan Dickau/Jimmer.
    I bet you could ball them right off the court

After last night's game Jimmer is now shooting 60% from the field and 58% from 3pt land. He's averaging 24pts per 36 and 32pts per 48. Yeah, it's preseason I know, but those are elite numbers. The shooting % is almost too good to be true. As far as his "bad" defense, watching/listening to these last four games, it's way overblown. On the 10 or so attempts to score on him last night, I only saw maybe one of those shots actually go in the bucket from his man.

I think most were thinking this team could find an 8th seed in the playoffs this year if AD and Anderson stayed healthy, but I don't think many expected this extra dynamic. I've never seen a second unit as explosive as this one, they were literally raining 3s last night in the 4th, making it look so easy. If Jimmer keeps playing like this in the reg season, and even improving when he settles in, the western conference better watch out...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    After last night's game Jimmer is now shooting 60% from the field and 58% from 3pt land. He's averaging 24pts per 36 and 32pts per 48. Yeah, it's preseason I know, but those are elite numbers. The shooting % is almost too good to be true. As far as his "bad" defense, watching/listening to these last four games, it's way overblown. On the 10 or so attempts to score on him last night, I only saw maybe one of those shots actually go in the bucket from his man.

I think most were thinking this team could find an 8th seed in the playoffs this year if AD and Anderson stayed healthy, but I don't think many expected this extra dynamic. I've never seen a second unit as explosive as this one, they were literally raining 3s last night in the 4th, making it look so easy. If Jimmer keeps playing like this in the reg season, and even improving when he settles in, the western conference better watch out...
    Do you realize who they played against last night? Did you see the lineups when Jimmer was in the game? JEEZ, people can cling to anything for hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I bet you could ball them right off the court
    I probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Danny Green is a perfect fit offensively AND defensively for the Spurs. Thats not gonna happen with Jimmer.

As I said - Dell has no problem identifying guards who can shoot and get them at a minimum price every year. If Jimmer plays himself out of the 1- 2 mil per year price range, there will be a couple of guys waiting there next year. It is the easiest skill set to replace for cheap. I wish him all the best this year and wouldn't mind seeing him back in the future, but the team won't pay significant money to keep him, nor should they. Dell has shown he can get a replacement with ease.
    I agree with what you are saying. I am just saying I would rather keep him than add either of the two mentioned players because as you and I both know, you wont get either of them as cheap as you will resigning Jimmer.

It is sad, he can find shooters like it's no problem, he just can't spot sf talent if his life depended on it.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-15-2014 at 10:44 AM.

I agree with what you are saying. I am just saying I would rather keep him than add either of the two mentioned players because as you and I both know, you wont get either of them as cheap as you will resigning Jimmer.

It is sad, ha can find shooters like it's no problem, he just can't spot sf talent if his life depended on it.
    Truly talented all around SF's are rare - there are like 8-12 in the world.

Undersized guards who can't defend, but can shoot the lights out? There are hundreds. Heck, you can add Brian Roberts to that list - another guy Dell got for scraps.

You need to devote resources to the SF position. True resources. You devote the min. to a backup guard shooter.

I probably could.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post

They didn't even attempt to defend 90% of the three point shots taken. It was like warmups out there. The Pels shot over 50% from the field and from 3 as a team.

Thread Information