Pelicans Report

Thread: Honestly, I'm happy we have Jummer Freddete on the Pels

Honestly, I'm happy we have Jummer Freddete on the Pels

I think Jimmer will do great here, it's only 3 games in (and just preseason) but he's already been the best player on the court so far from what I've seen. Obviously he has a very long way to go in the league to be as highly thought of as a guy like Anthony Davis who has a great career going for him already. I think Jimmer can be a 6th man candidate this year if he stays consistent and injury-free.

I get annoyed by some of the crazier fans too, but I get more annoyed at the haters who seem to go crazy-mad whenever the guy gets some praise. Guess that's the kind of polarizing player Jimmer is, you gotta roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    I think Jimmer will do great here, it's only 3 games in (and just preseason) but he's already been the best player on the court so far from what I've seen. Obviously he has a very long way to go in the league to be as highly thought of as a guy like Anthony Davis who has a great career going for him already. I think Jimmer can be a 6th man candidate this year if he stays consistent and injury-free.

I get annoyed by some of the crazier fans too, but I get more annoyed at the haters who seem to go crazy-mad whenever the guy gets some praise. Guess that's the kind of polarizing player Jimmer is, you gotta roll with it.
    Awesome

I think Jimmer will do great here, it's only 3 games in (and just preseason) but he's already been the best player on the court
    As has already been brought to your attention previously, this isn't true.

Joommer is going to be the league MVP. Watch him, or watch out!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You are right, this isn't true. He has been the best player in the NBA!!!
    @mcnamara247

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Wait......

Are we talking Jimmer or Jameer?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're talking about Kool-Aid Jammer.

I thought we were talking about Arvydas Macijauskas.

Jim-Jer Binks is gonna help the plucky Pels overcome the evil empire of the Spurs.

I think Jimmer will do great here, it's only 3 games in (and just preseason) but he's already been the best player on the court so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I see you conveniently left the part of that sentence off where it denotes that it's my opinion ("from what I've seen").

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You are right, this isn't true. He has been the best player in the NBA!!!
    Sigh...

This is what I'm talking about. I put my positive opinion (too positive for some apparently) out there about Jimmer and someone has to come along and disrespect it by either misquoting me or making fun of it. But I'm the troll. Got it.

Opinions are all very well and fine but you can't hide BS behind a "in my opinion" or "by what i've seen".

From what i've seen ben wallace was the best 3 point shooting big of the nba. I watched the only 2 games when he hit the threes he attempted.

You see where that leads, don't you?

It's good to be positive about a player, but making such a claim on a board that is already on pre-alert for fredette-maniacs (or fredette-obsessed people, or fredette-fanatics, pick one) is going to make bells ring in the collective head of the users on alert status.

I see you conveniently left the part of that sentence off where it denotes that it's my opinion ("from what I've seen").

Sigh...

This is what I'm talking about. I put my positive opinion (too positive for some apparently) out there about Jimmer and someone has to come along and disrespect it by either misquoting me or making fun of it. But I'm the troll. Got it.
    You should feel honored, people are building entire podcasts around what you are saying.

You are a trend setter.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You should feel honored, people are building entire podcasts around what you are saying.

You are a trend setter.
    Really, someone quoted me specifically? Link?

If so, yeah I am honored.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    fredette-maniacs (or fredette-obsessed people, or fredette-fanatics, pick one)
    I shall call them "Fred-Heads".

Opinions are all very well and fine but you can't hide BS behind a "in my opinion" or "by what i've seen".
    Sure I can. If giving a rosy opinion about a player makes you blush, I'd say you need to be a little more open-minded. "There are people who don't think just like me on the interwebs, who woulda thunk it?".

From what i've seen ben wallace was the best 3 point shooting big of the nba. I watched the only 2 games when he hit the threes he attempted.
    I would say, "cool opinion buddy. I disagree with it and here is why...[gets real nba stats showing you're lying]". See, you really don't have to call the mod police and start a "jimmer fanatic here, everyone run for your lives!!!" thread.
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 10-13-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Posters did that in the last thread, but you were obsessed with just this preseason's stats and all that got the thread gassed. I'd rather that not happen again.

agreed, I see Jimmer as the rich man's Ginobli. I wonder if AD will be able to handle Jimmer taking the spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Posters did that in the last thread, but you were obsessed with just this preseason's stats and all that got the thread gassed. I'd rather that not happen again.
    I hope it doesn't happen again. Be respectful of the opinion of others and it won't.

If Jimmer comes out tomorrow night and plays for 20 min again like he has and just completely tanks, I'll be the first to say that he is no longer the best player on this team over the first 4 preseason games. Because I go with what I see as stats. In the NBA I think a lot of players get judged, unfairly or not, on their scoring ability. Look at James Harden. It's a bigger deal to the media and most fans than defense.

Jimmer leads so far in scoring avg, scoring % and 3-pt % for the team. I'd say that's pretty cool, but, like I've said, that could easily change in one night if he lays a turd. This is preseason and maybe other players are just not as motivated right now, but it is what it is and I'm having fun watching it play out.

I think what's frustrated Jimmer fans so much is the fact that he has done really well when he's gotten time to play over his career. The last 3 games sort of put an exclamation point behind it and we are excited by what we had hoped (or thought) to happen, actually happening.

I'm not like some fans that overlook everything he has wrong with him. I see a solid back-up rotation player some day. Could he be a true starter? I'm not optimistic of that, but you never know. And if he screws up majorly after getting a real shot I will be the first to say, "you guys were right, Jimmer just aint cut out for the NBA game, I'll shut up now". So we're all breathlessly awaiting for that big failure to happen, but it hasn't happened yet. And I guess you could say that has us a little overzealous by the prospect.
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 10-13-2014 at 02:03 PM.

I think what's frustrated Jimmer fans so much is the fact that he has done really well when he's gotten time to play over his career. The last 3 games sort of put an exclamation point behind it and we are excited by what we had hoped (or thought) to happen, actually happening.

I'm not like some fans that overlook everything he has wrong with him. I see a solid back-up rotation player some day. Could he be a true starter? I'm not optimistic of that, but you never know. And if he screws up majorly after getting a real shot I will be the first to say, "you guys were right, Jimmer just aint cut out for the NBA game, I'll shut up now". So we're all breathlessly awaiting for that big failure to happen, but it hasn't happened yet. And I guess you could say that has us a little overzealous by the prospect.
    Preseason games are completely meaningless and worthless. If had "done really well when he's gotten time to play over his career" he'd be starting for somebody, not hoping to get backup minutes somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Preseason games are completely meaningless and worthless.
    I agree as far as wins go, but I wouldn't say they are meaningless and worthless. I think they do a lot to help determine rotations, and they help the coach find out who's giving the effort and who is there in name only. Paul Milsap was once considered a lowly back-up, but under Jerry Sloan worked his butt off and Sloan would often talk about how hard he was pushing it. He earned starter minutes, in large part, because he worked harder than the next guy. He never said, "well this is preseason so it doesn't count if I slack off". No, he never let up.

Preseason matters.

And tell Jason Terry or Steve Kerr about how you feel about backup minutes.

I agree as far as wins go, but I wouldn't say they are meaningless and worthless. I think they do a lot to help determine rotations, and they help the coach find out who's giving the effort and who is there in name only. Paul Milsap was once considered a lowly back-up, but under Jerry Sloan worked his butt off and Sloan would often talk about how hard he was pushing it. He earned starter minutes, in large part, because he worked harder than the next guy. He never said, "well this is preseason so it doesn't count if I slack off". No, he never let up.

Preseason matters.

And tell Jason Terry or Steve Kerr about how you feel about backup minutes.
    Jimmer Fredette can only hope pray and dream that he will be 10% of Paul Millsaps, Jason Terry or Steve Kerr. LOL, that 's funny.

Jimmer Fredette can only hope pray and dream that he will be 10% of Paul Millsaps, Jason Terry or Steve Kerr. LOL, that 's funny.
    Now who is trolling?

I think Jimmer could find his way into being someone like Terry or Kerr. Why not? Steve Kerr and Jimmer are built almost identically. He was a role-player who happened to play backup to two of the greatest players ever which helps build up his legacy, but I see no reason for Jimmer to find that kind of role eventually if he finds the right place. It may be here right in NO.

Kerr and Jimmer, sure, I can see that. Not JET, though. He was a legit second option for several years.

Thread Information