Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MONTY - Tyreke is playing the 3

There are maybe 5 teams tops in the league that have a "complete" starting 5, this forum is heads cratching sometimes in the things it decides to complain about endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I'll answer your question with a question. Do you think that Miller, Babbit, X. Henry, Aminu, Salmons, et al were the best that this team could do over the past years? Do you not think that Dell could have grabbed anybody else to fill that hole until 2016 when all of these free agent SF's that will be knocking the door down to play here are available?

Also, say for instance the Pels do make a run in the playoffs and Gordon opts in because this is a playoff team. Also, say for instance that Gordon re-signs (the fans don't want him here but that doesn't mean the front office doesn't). Where will that leave the Pels as far as a SF is concerned?
    No I don't think any of those guy's are suitable at SF.
    Ariza and Aminu probably have been the best two that you failed to mention.
    But again I ask you, who do you think Dell could have signed in 2013 or 2014 at SF that would be a future SF?

My point being is that you can't fill out a team over night or even in 2-3 years.
    Maybe he tried.....you can't force free agents to come here.
    Since the DW and CP3 day's how many of those years after that has New Orleans been a destination for FA?
    They are just starting to become a destination because of the emergence of Davis.

And on Eric.....if he doesn't opt out he will be stretched.
    Unless the Evans at SF experiment works and Eric signs an extension for 10M a year....then he will definitely be gone next season.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Evans was signed to play SF, not to sure up SG. They envisioned him in the Ginobili role. Wow, Dell signed Evans to a four year deal while Gordon still had 3 years left on his max contract to sure up the SG position. That's hilarous.
    Two fold. They signed Tyreke with the thought that he could play SF while they tried to move Gordon.

I don't think Dell signed Tyreke as the long term SF of the team. If he had then why has it taken Monty so long to say Tyreke will play the 3? Problem was Dell underestimated the ability to move Gordon without giving up a valuable asset.

We can all wait and see I suppose but I will take a bet that we go after a SF and not a SG when Gordon is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    Evans was signed to play SF, not to sure up SG. They envisioned him in the Ginobili role. Wow, Dell signed Evans to a four year deal while Gordon still had 3 years left on his max contract to sure up the SG position. That's hilarous.
    If that's what you want to believe then fine.
    That was all media talk to appease Gordon when they signed Tyreke.

Hey to be perfectly honest I am happy if Evans, Jrue and Gordon can all play together, but if you look at the numbers they don't stack up.
    One has to go and the most inefficient guy is Gordon.

Hence why we are still searching for a SF.
    Dell even said they are after a particular guy next season in Asik's press conference but declined to mention who.

Inefficient in what way? Gordon had the best TS%, eFG%, and ORtg of all three guards last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Inefficient in what way? Gordon had the best TS%, eFG%, and ORtg of all three guards last season.
    What about Assist %, Rebound %, steal %, block %, Win Share, WS/48, PER, FTr?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Like lamb and tuna fish.
    Jeremy Lamb?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What about Assist %, Rebound %, steal %, block %, Win Share, WS/48, PER, FTr?
    Honestly didn't even look at those. Just focused on the ones I normally see used for offensive efficiency. Should have looked at PER, though. That was my bad.

The Franchise
    It is possible for us to start a 3 guard lineup much like the Pistons with thomas, dumars, and vinny the microwave. It all comes down to having a good offense and an adequate defense. Can't be any worse than Vasquez covering point guards.

Honestly didn't even look at those. Just focused on the ones I normally see used for offensive efficiency. Should have looked at PER, though. That was my bad.
    I tend to also take into account assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks, because all those lead to offense. Not straight putting a ball into a basket. Which is my beef w/ Gordon. He does one thing score. Sometimes.

I tend to also take into account assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks, because all those lead to offense. Not straight putting a ball into a basket. Which is my beef w/ Gordon. He does one thing score. Sometimes.
    When I'm back home, I need to see if I can find that thread that Kumar made where it showed team points produced per drive. It took into points scored by the driving player as well as assists and even"Kobe" assists (I think, could be wrong).

It may (or may not) make you feel better to know that Gordon ranked surprisingly well in that unique stat.

When I'm back home, I need to see if I can find that thread that Kumar made where it showed team points produced per drive. It took into points scored by the driving player as well as assists and even"Kobe" assists (I think, could be wrong).

It may (or may not) make you feel better to know that Gordon ranked surprisingly well in that unique stat.
    If I'm not mistake Tyreke was top 5 in the entire NBA in that article. Maybe top 2. I will have to check though.

If I'm not mistake Tyreke was top 5 in the entire NBA in that article. Maybe top 2. I will have to check though.
    That was per game or per 36 or something. The OP just did rate and volume numbers. When measured by per possession/drive, Tyreke dropped a lot.

That was per game or per 36 or something. The OP just did rate and volume numbers. When measured by per possession/drive, Tyreke dropped a lot.
    Ah maybe so, I remember it in an ESPN magazine I got earlier this year. I'm sure it's somewhere on the web.

Thread Information