Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anderson at the 3

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Evans will run PG if we play this lineup just how I do it on 2k15
    Either Holliday or Evans could run PG in that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    If Anderson plays the three, he'll:

A. Be defending non-threats, ie guys like Aminu was on our team (or, heck ... Aminu himself in Dallas) and/or
    B. Be defending power forwards; Davis would be asked to check the more skilled 3's, if he's able.

I like that Monty is thinking outside the box, at least, and trying to figure out how to maximize the minutes of his best guys.

you nailed it on the head. We often see guys with no coaching experience step in and attain success rather quickly.

There is something to be said for not being preconditioned by prior attitudes and beliefs.

You send 5 guys out to play your offense..period.

Each one calls a man out to his teammates that he intends to guard, and a quick discussion ensues among either the players or coaches with someone possibly switching with another.

It may not be perfect, but the other team will likely have a similar problem matching up with us.

It's not very different than playing some serious pick-up ball.

No one calls
    out, "I'm going to be the small forward!"
    "No, Im the small forward, you be shooting guard"

Look through a book of offenses and you will find about 70% of the offenses consider the 2 and the 3 as equals. That is guards on opposite sides. And the other 30% will consider the 3 and the 4 as equals.....forwards. That was done a lot back in the day.

It will be no problem getting him minutes there. I hope his post-up game is polished "

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Exactly, so my point is then do you think having Anderson at the 3 for spurts is an advantage or disadvantage, do you think there are ways to counter that particular defensive move to get looks for Ryno, or its it not worth the effort.
    I think both, there is an advantage and disadvantage, ryno is 6"10, he can post up smaller SF's but gives up athleticism.

I remember reading an articlee about teams criticizing the Suns when they used Amare at the C instead of PF saying he couldn't handle it defensively but when you looked into the stats the advantage he gave them offensively at the 5 more than made up for what he gave up and they were a much better team because of it.

Yeah i think Anderson on defense isn't as a big of a problem as it used to be. As long as he is solid and isn't fouling like crazy it should be serviceable, and then on offense he should be able to shoot over most 3s and take alot of 4s/5s off the dribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information