Pelicans Report

Thread: 'Reke may be back Thurs. wants to play in 2 preseason games

Pelicans 'Reke may be back Thurs. wants to play in 2 preseason games

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Yeah I love it

Tyreke Evans (hamstring) hopes to return for Thursday's game vs. OKC, and he's now "favored" to earn the starting SF job.
    The competition at SF isn't auspicious, with guys like John Salmons, Luke Babbitt and Darius Miller fighting for minutes. Tyreke has spent the bulk of his playing time at SG throughout his career, but he was primarily a SF while coming off the bench last season, so it's a position he's comfortable playing. The likelihood of a starting job gives him some upside in the late rounds.-per Rotoworld
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Yeah I love it

Tyreke Evans (hamstring) hopes to return for Thursday's game vs. OKC, and he's now "favored" to earn the starting SF job.
    The competition at SF isn't auspicious, with guys like John Salmons, Luke Babbitt and Darius Miller fighting for minutes. Tyreke has spent the bulk of his playing time at SG throughout his career, but he was primarily a SF while coming off the bench last season, so it's a position he's comfortable playing. The likelihood of a starting job gives him some upside in the late rounds.-per Rotoworld

Wolvereke

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Wolvereke
    Touche

If he does start I have to assume our offensive philosophy will change making tyreke the primary ball handler with jrue and gordon playing off ball. Maybe this means jrue will finally take more shots

I'm just glad he's in the starting line-up. He excels in the starting line-up as oppose to that sixth man role.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'm just glad he's in the starting line-up. He excels in the starting line-up as oppose to that sixth man role.
    Dont think its a definite yet

There were not as many options while he was the starter. I really think it matters more who he is on the court with rather than whether he starts.

Reke excels when he is given minutes with shooters. A healthy Ryno, Jimmer, and Rivers/Salmons provides that for him in the 2nd unit.

Don't know if I like him in the starting line up, not that many 3 point shooters, might get a bit crowded for him to do the damage that we've seen him do before
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If he does start I have to assume our offensive philosophy will change making tyreke the primary ball handler with jrue and gordon playing off ball. Maybe this means jrue will finally take more shots
    I wouldn't be so hasty to think that. I thought Reke would be the main ball handler last year with the second unit. But nope. Here comes Brian Roberts dribbling up the court. Then dribbling...dribbling...dribbling.

Oh look, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and he's still dribbling.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    sounds like Evans will give it a go tonight, and guess what.... Gordon seems to be doubtful because of back spasms....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    sounds like Evans will give it a go tonight, and guess what.... Gordon seems to be doubtful because of back spasms....
    Yep.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/tyr...onight-vs.-okc

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    common thing especially when you're lifting more in the offseason. nothing to cause long term concern IMO. Davis missed a game last year for the same reason, then never heard about it again

Banned
    So I guess he isn't playing SF tonight.

Thread Information