Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    Okay...meaningless or not, Jimmer is the best performing Pelican over the last 3 games. Agree or disagree?
    On the offensive end? Agree.

Now, where do we go from here? That is my question. What does that mean and why does it matter?
    @mcnamara247

I've been a member here for a long time, and have lurked for even longer. I don't post much, though. But I had to comment here.
    So wait. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that the ONLY stat that matters is points scored per game. Nothing about efficiency or defense matter? I just want to be clear on your convoluted cherry-picked constraints before joining the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    On the offensive end? Agree.

Now, where do we go from here? That is my question. What does that mean and why does it matter?
    Whew...now was that so hard? My gosh, it would be easier to pull teeth out than for some to admit Jimmer is doing really well so far.

Whew...now was that so hard? My gosh, it would be easier to pull teeth out than for some to admit Jimmer is doing really well so far.
    No one said he hasn't, though? /confused

Gotdamn I love the internet

Let's go down this retarded path that these Preseason games mattered, AT ALL.

Jimmer's stat line against the Wizards - 13-2-1 w/ 3 fouls and a TO.
    ADs stat line against the Wizards - 11-8-1 w/ a steal, 2 fouls and no TO.

AD had a better overall game than Jimmer.

As far as I'm concerned, Jimmer's the best player on this team. If you disagree with that, the other guys will have to prove it on the court - which they haven't so far - not even close. In other words, put up or shut up.
    Hey, this is Tom Benson. I can't remember what happened more than a week ago. Like you, I don't see why Dell isn't putting an army of Jimmer clones on the floor. with lasers. Don't need context sometimes, just need guts. Preseason is the best season. You're the new GM.

Your EXACT quote:

"As far as I'm concerned, Jimmer's the best player on this team"

There was nothing about "through 3 preseason games" anywhere in that statement. You gotta admit (if you are rational) that the sentence above is one of the biggest troll statements ever, no? Maybe in your head you meant something other than you typed, but THAT is what you typed.

Do you understand why people called you a troll, based on what you typed - NOT what you might have intended?

Uggg - probably shouldn't weight in now... but:

1) Can this whole thing just stop?
    2) Pelicanned - I think you are sincere - not a troll, but I feel like you let this get out of control... you simply wanted validation of your statement that Jimmer has been the best performer in the preseason... In actuality it's hard to say because we don't get to watch any games... His scoring stats have certainly been the best, but Austin's been a better assist man, and it's still Preseason.
    3) I think you are right that Preseason matters ALOT to the individual players that don't have a secured role (like Jimmer, Russ, etc.) but it barely matters to a guy like AD. He just wants to stay in game shape. It also doesn't matter to Monty... in fact he said after last game that if he wanted to give himself the best chance to win he might have kept Jimmer in, but he wanted to look at the young guys.
    4) Can this whole thing just stop?

Quote Originally Posted by whomdoyouwork4 View Post
    Hey, this is Tom Benson. I can't remember what happened more than a week ago. Like you, I don't see why Dell isn't putting an army of Jimmer clones on the floor. with lasers. Don't need context sometimes, just need guts. Preseason is the best season. You're the new GM.
    Wow, so funny bro. LOL like crazy!!!!!111!!!

Zach Mettenberger threw for more yards than any other QB in the preseason. So by your logic, he was the best QB in the league at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Your EXACT quote:

"As far as I'm concerned, Jimmer's the best player on this team"

There was nothing about "through 3 preseason games" anywhere in that statement. You gotta admit (if you are rational) that the sentence above is one of the biggest troll statements ever, no? Maybe in your head you meant something other than you typed, but THAT is what you typed.

Do you understand why people called you a troll, based on what you typed - NOT what you might have intended?
    Oh I understand why people would call me a troll. It's hard for them to admit that this new guy could be outplaying the other guys on their beloved team. I get that, it's hard to change what people have set in their minds, even when presented with facts. It's human nature.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I'm not reading into Jimmer's numbers. It's preseason. He could be better than austin rivers and John salmons... But I'm not gonna get excited until I see him play 15-20 regular season games and contribute. I believe he can help this team win but he's not near as good as anyone in our top 5. Stop blowing this out of proportion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I understand why people would call me a troll. It's hard for them to admit that this new guy could be outplaying the other guys on their beloved team. I get that, it's hard to change what people have set in their minds, even when presented with facts. It's human nature.
    you say you aren't and yet this whole statement is BEING a troll

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

It's a limited sample size. You actually believe Jimmer is the best on the team? Lol if that's the case guess what, we'll bomb this year.

The best is AD. If you're trying to argue that 3 preseason games is enough evidence to conclude otherwise then you are a total troll. Let's see if Jimmer gets 15 minutes of playing time and then we can see if he plays a speck of defense as well. No one here is defensive about your bizarre argument that Jimmer is the best on this team. He's not and everyone knows this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 10-10-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: g

I'll say this much we shouldn't completely discredit the preseason. If a player we like was having a big preseason everybody here would be using it as an example to suggest that player is what they think he is.

My biggest issue is that 3 games are too little to be making this kind of fuss over.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-10-2014 at 03:07 PM.

I wouldn't. I would say that I hoped it would carry over to the regular season, but that's about it. Same as I would say for someone performing outstanding in Summer League.

Banned
    Jimmer is nowhere near the best player on this team. I do think he is unfairly under a microscope sometimes and it doesn't help his career. He can't pass or fail without a great debate it seems. I don't know if Jimmer haters don't like jimmer because of him or some of his overzealous fans. It is interesting though I read three articles just today that said Jimmer has to fight harder on defense (attibuted to coach)...Like I said before, the quote is wrong. Coach said Jimmer has to pick up our defensive schemes, but he is fighting. A bizarre Jimmer world we are living if for at least a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'll say this much we shouldn't completely discredit the preseason. If a player we like was having a big preseason everybody here would be using it as an example to suggest that player is what they think he is.

My biggest issue is the 3 games is too little to be making this kind of fuss over.
    No. I wouldn't care how players are doing in preseason except for seeing players that are coming back from injury. Tbh, I wouldn't care at all how players are doing in preseason.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I honestly don't care how great or how poorly someone does in preseason. The only time I would use stats from preseason in an argument is if we were discussing roster depth like who should take the last roster spot or something like that.

My biggest issue is the 3 games is too little to be making this kind of fuss over.
    Amen to that!

But I would add that this little "conversation" has been more entertaining than listening to the games on the radio. But then again, almost everything is more entertaining than listening to games on the radio.

REAL BASKETBALL PLEASE. On TV, if it isn't too much trouble.

This thread was awesome. /golfclap

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

So now nobody cares about how players look in preseason OK LOL.

I care if someone is looking below expectations. Cautiously optimistic if they look better than expected. I try not to lean too far either way.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There's no "now" about it. I don't get overly excited if people go off in preseason, or down if they are shooting poorly or something like that. Rivers hasn't shot well at all this preseason, I've never once bashed him about it. It's preseason. Sheesh. Once regular season starts, I will unleash the wrath if it's still bad.

Thread Information