Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I thought "who cares? it's preseason" was pretty rational. But then you started crying about excuses.
    Stats buddy, stats. "Who cares" is the answer for wimps.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I havent seen a single Pelicans preseason game (thanks DirecTV), and I doubt you have either, but has Jimmer been putting up amazing numbers versus #1's or #2's?
    <---- U Fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    Please address my argument first, then we'll address yours. You're just deflecting and trying to change the subject.
    You said he had a great PER, I refuted. Please tell me how interpreting a 15.88 PER (ranked 111 in the league) as not great is wrong.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Stats buddy, stats. "Who cares" is the answer for wimps.
    No, it's for people who actually have a grasp of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    You said he had a great PER, I refuted. Please tell me how interpreting a 15.88 PER (ranked 111 in the league) as not great is wrong.
    Again, I'll be glad to discuss that after we discuss my main point that I made first. Coming back with a separate challenge to the original challenge is just deflecting the argument at hand.

Again, I'll be glad to discuss that after we discuss my main point that I made first. Coming back with a separate challenge to the original challenge is just deflecting the argument at hand.
    Ok this is definitely trolling now. Blocking this fool so I never have to see another idiotic post again.

No, it's for people who actually have a grasp of reality.
    So stats aren't reality. Gotcha. You'll be the first guy I go to for advice when I want to know who should be MVP this year. But even then it sounds like the response I will likely get from you is going to be, "who cares".

The "who cares" man. That's your new nickname.

Ok this is definitely trolling now. Blocking this fool so I never have to see another idiotic post again.
    All I see are a bunch of hearsay fans who want to ignore stats. If that aint trolling, I don't know what is, who cares man.

No, you gave a supporting argument. I disagree with that particular argument's validity.

All I see are a bunch of hearsay fans who want to ignore stats. If that aint trolling, I don't know what is, who cares man.
    Okay I've gotta know man cause this shish is entertaining lol are effin drunk right now???

No, you gave a supporting argument. I disagree with that particular argument's validity.
    My main argument was that Jimmer is the best performing player on the Pelicans over the last 3 games. Agree or disagree. If you disagree, back it up.

Then...we'll talk about PER.

Lavoy Allen is leading the NBA in blocks per game. Pau Gasol, Alexis Ajinca, Bernard James, Alex Kirk, Andre Roberson, Ryan Hollins, and Jimmy Butler are among the 25 players averaging more blocks per game than Anthony Davis.

#PreseasonStats
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lavoy Allen is leading the NBA in blocks per game. Pau Gasol, Alexis Ajinca, Bernard James, Alex Kirk, Andre Roberson, Ryan Hollins, and Jimmy Butler are among the 25 players averaging more blocks per game than Anthony Davis.

#PreseasonStats
    Where are you getting these stats from? kibner claims they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

#PreseasonStats
    But preseason matters! Can't you see that!!!!

My main argument was that Jimmer is the best performing player on the Pelicans over the last 3 games. Agree or disagree. If you disagree, back it up.

Then...we'll talk about PER.
    If it isn't part of your overall argument, then why did you bring up PER?

Where are you getting these stats from? kibner claims they don't exist.
    I only said that Hollinger doesn't have PER for the 2014-2015 preseason on his page on espn. Never talked about any other stat.

If it isn't part of your overall argument, then why did you bring up PER?
    Cuz I felt like it? But it wasn't my main point, nor the point most people seem to going ape-**** over. So quit the dodging, agree or disagree that Jimmer is the best performing player over the last 3 games?

I think I made that abundantly clear above. I judge players on how they're performing on the court, the hard stats. Not how they are trumped around by fan-boys and quasi-journalists who live and die by how many page hits they're getting.

I'm looking at this season, now. So far AD has sucked hard. Do you deny that? Now you can tell me all day that "this is preseason" and all that, but in my book players should never feel like they are owed greatness or praise for past performance. Either he doesn't care much about his performance during the preseason, or maybe he's not as good as some think he is. Either way, I wouldn't call it a positive.
    The season hasn't started.

I only said that Hollinger doesn't have PER for the 2014-2015 preseason on his page on espn. Never talked about any other stat.
    Okay...so why would you say you can't post the preseason stats? Obviously Hollinger isn't the only source of information, someone's getting preseason stats somewhere.

Cuz I felt like it? But it wasn't my main point, nor the point most people seem to going ape-**** over. So quit the dodging, agree or disagree that Jimmer is the best performing player over the last 3 games?
    These aren't real games. Anointing Jimmer as the best Pelicans based off of pre season is stupid. Don't go there. Just chill, let's see how the season goes and go from there.

Why should I? I haven't said anything about Jimmer's preseason production in this discussion and have no intention to. There was something I saw as statistically wrong, so I wanted to point it out.

I do that all the time here. Check out my response to someone saying that Kobe is an inefficient chucker that never passes in the Kobe thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    These aren't real games. Anointing Jimmer as the best Pelicans based off of pre season is stupid. Don't go there. Just chill, let's see how the season goes and go from there.
    Okay...meaningless or not, Jimmer is the best performing Pelican over the last 3 games. Agree or disagree?

Okay...so why would you say you can't post the preseason stats? Obviously Hollinger isn't the only source of information, someone's getting preseason stats somewhere.
    You like to put words in my mouth. Never did I say that preseason stats can't be found. Only that I didn't find them on Hollinger's stat page.

Okay...meaningless or not, Jimmer is the best performing Pelican over the last 3 games. Agree or disagree?
    THEY ARENT REAL GAMES.

Good grief, I feel like I'm in the scene in Liar Liar, where Jim Carry is trying his best from spitting out the truth.

This scene describes it perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHwf7eAH0I

Thread Information