Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

Pelicans Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

Jimmer fans need a separate board.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Jimmer fans need a separate board.
    Good news, I found a board for them!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like Jimmer. I think he will do some good things for us this year. But he still hasn't proven anything yet. This is still preseason, and real bullets haven't been flying. I think once the regular season comes around, and you see him return back to his BYU days, THEN you will have reason to have faith in him. Until then we are really just going off of glorified practice.
    So if he's scoring 40+ a night during the regular season we'll have "reason" to have faith in him? Talk about setting the expectations unrealistically high...sheesh.

No, Jimmer has already proven he's one of the better scorers in this league. He's consistently had a great PER over the last few years. The only reason why he's scoring more now is because he's been given more minutes. Jimmer's success has absolutely nothing to do with Jimmer, it has everything to do with a coach giving him time on the court.

I've been saying it for a very long time: If Monty gives him his minutes, he'll be an amazing player and a big contributor to this team. And sorry, but these guys are working for their pay right now, not when the season starts. So the talk that individual player performance doesn't count right now, because "real bullets aren't flying" yet, is just BS and excuses. For all the big talk I see on these boards for the so-called "star" of this team, I see a lazy-*** Anthony Davis doing basically nothing over the last three games. Jimmer's led the team in scoring average, shooting percentage, and has blown everyone away in 3-pt % thus far. Anthony who?

As far as I'm concerned, Jimmer's the best player on this team. If you disagree with that, the other guys will have to prove it on the court - which they haven't so far - not even close. In other words, put up or shut up.

And the calling for killing Jimmer fans by having us walk the plank. Classy, real classy bro.
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 10-10-2014 at 10:16 AM.

I love trolling as much as the next guy, but this is crazy. Jimmer is the best player on this team, and I am a better musician than Eddie Van Halen and David Archuleta.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I love trolling as much as the next guy, but this is crazy. Jimmer is the best player on this team, and I am a better musician than Eddie Van Halen and David Archuleta.
    Like I said, when you show me players on this team putting up better numbers than Jimmer, I'll be glad to see it. Until then, like I said...

Alright, you have me intrigued. Why do you think so little of AD or Jrue where you think neither of them are on Jimmers level?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    So if he's scoring 40+ a night during the regular season we'll have "reason" to have faith in him? Talk about setting the expectations unrealistically high...sheesh.

No, Jimmer has already proven he's one of the better scorers in this league. He's consistently had a great PER over the last few years. The only reason why he's scoring more now is because he's been given more minutes. Jimmer's success has absolutely nothing to do with Jimmer, it has everything to do with a coach giving him time on the court.

I've been saying it for a very long time: If Monty gives him his minutes, he'll be an amazing player and a big contributor to this team. And sorry, but these guys are working for their pay right now, not when the season starts. So the talk that individual player performance doesn't count right now, because "real bullets aren't flying" yet, is just BS and excuses. For all the big talk I see on these boards for the so-called "star" of this team, I see a lazy-*** Anthony Davis doing basically nothing over the last three games. Jimmer's led the team in scoring average, shooting percentage, and has blown everyone away in 3-pt % thus far. Anthony who?

As far as I'm concerned, Jimmer's the best player on this team. If you disagree with that, the other guys will have to prove it on the court - which they haven't so far - not even close. In other words, put up or shut up.

And the calling for killing Jimmer fans by having us walk the plank. Classy, real classy bro.
    I love you, bro...but please calm down. lol.

Please forgive us Jimmer fans, we've been through a lot of injustices.

lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    The Jimmer fans I've encountered on this board seem like nice, positive people.
    This is refreshing for any forum and I welcome their stay.
    Thanks for the open mind!

Alright, you have me intrigued. Why do you think so little of AD or Jrue where you think neither of them are on Jimmers level?
    I think I made that abundantly clear above. I judge players on how they're performing on the court, the hard stats. Not how they are trumped around by fan-boys and quasi-journalists who live and die by how many page hits they're getting.

I'm looking at this season, now. So far AD has sucked hard. Do you deny that? Now you can tell me all day that "this is preseason" and all that, but in my book players should never feel like they are owed greatness or praise for past performance. Either he doesn't care much about his performance during the preseason, or maybe he's not as good as some think he is. Either way, I wouldn't call it a positive.

So if we were going to redraft the entire league, and you had to pick somebody from this roster with your #1 overall pick you are taking Jimmer over AD, Jrue, or even Asik?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    I love you, bro...but please calm down. lol.

Please forgive us Jimmer fans, we've been through a lot of injustices.

lol.
    So you disagree that Jimmer hasn't been the best player on the court over the last few games? Give us the stats to back that up.

And please, you're the most insane & baseless Jimmer fanboy on this board. So quit the act.

So if we were going to redraft the entire league, and you had to pick somebody from this roster with your #1 overall pick you are taking Jimmer over AD, Jrue, or even Asik?
    Are you really this dense or are you just trolling now? I said, I'm judging what I'm seeing on the court so far this season. Please, give me the stats showing AD is performing better than Jimmer this season. I'm waiting...

Are you really this dense or are you just trolling now? I said, I'm judging what I'm seeing on the court so far this season. Please, give me the stats showing AD is performing better than Jimmer this season. I'm waiting...
    Well this season hasn't started yet so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Well this season hasn't started yet so.....
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Excuses.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    So you disagree that Jimmer hasn't been the best player on the court over the last few games? Give us the stats to back that up.

And please, you're the most insane & baseless Jimmer fanboy on this board. So quit the act.
    Who cares? It's preseason. Are you really getting this worked up over preseason? It's 1 step away from practice

Yeah, that's what I thought. Excuses.
    So by your logic, Tony Parker is by far the best scorer in the league, Brandon Jennings is a top 3 passer, and someone named Shayne Whittington is easily the best shooter in the game today. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Who cares? It's preseason. Are you really getting this worked up over preseason? It's 1 step away from practice
    And more excuses...

I can understand where you are coming from. You are putting your stock for this season into Pre-season, while most of us (well everyone but you) is waiting for the regular season to start before saying Jimmer is the savior/ face of this franchise.

I respectfully disagree with you, and thats why these board exist. Sorry for calling you a troll because you think Jimmer is the best player on this team.

And more excuses...
    I don't see excuses. I see a lot of crying from you though.

I can understand where you are coming from. You are putting your stock for this season into Pre-season, while most of us (well everyone but you) is waiting for the regular season to start before saying Jimmer is the savior/ face of this franchise.

I respectfully disagree with you, and thats why these board exist. Sorry for calling you a troll because you think Jimmer is the best player on this team.
    Don't be sorry, that's just an absurd statement.

Banned

Jimmer's been the best offensive player, i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    So by your logic, Tony Parker is by far the best scorer in the league, Brandon Jennings is a top 3 passer, and someone named Shayne Whittington is easily the best shooter in the game today. Got it.
    Are they leading the league so far in those categories over the first games of preseason? If so, then yeah, the players performing the best on the court, are the best players in the game right now.

Don't know why that's so hard to understand. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were widely considered some of the best players in the league through 2008-2010, but their performance has gone down considerably since then. Deron Williams was at one point considered the best point guard in the league alongside Chris Paul years ago, now it's laughable to consider DWill as the best.

By your logic, anyone that has had a great run even years ago should still be regarded in the same esteem every year regardless of real performance.
    Last edited by Pelicanned; 10-10-2014 at 10:57 AM.

I didn't call him the "savior" or "face of this franchise", genius. I said he is the the best performing player on this team right now based on stats. Again, I'm waiting for your stats on AD to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Don't be sorry, that's just an absurd statement.
    Talk talk talk. Still waiting on the stats, buddy.

I think I made that abundantly clear above. I judge players on how they're performing on the court, the hard stats. Not how they are trumped around by fan-boys and quasi-journalists who live and die by how many page hits they're getting.

I'm looking at this season, now. So far AD has sucked hard. Do you deny that? Now you can tell me all day that "this is preseason" and all that, but in my book players should never feel like they are owed greatness or praise for past performance. Either he doesn't care much about his performance during the preseason, or maybe he's not as good as some think he is. Either way, I wouldn't call it a positive.
    I understand judging off of the most recent history, but you can't seriously think 3 preseason games are enough to really say player X coming off of a all-star season and a gold medal summer is lesser than player Y who's been a career back up(which may or may not be his fault). The history which can't just be ignored says that player X is better. This coming from someone who really likes Jimmer and still think he could have a similar Nash like late burst in his career. On top of being one of the biggest Davis doubters as it pertains to superstardom.

The problem is the basis of your point lacks any logic. If all you have are 3 preseason games to make your point then there's really no point to make.

Thread Information