Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, I'm happy we have Jummer Freddete on the Pels

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

Honestly, I'm happy we have Jummer Freddete on the Pels

He gives us what we needed for years now... scoring! We traded for Eric Gordon to start our rebuild process and he's been average but looking better as he stays healthy, but Jim Jam can shoot the 3 with ease! I've been listening to the radio broadcasts these last few games and I can hear more spunk out of our team when Jimmer is on the court. The trash talk, while still clean, is there and expresses a certain "I'm cocky but it's because I've been here before" attitude that's been missing from this team.

The following of Jammer Fredette might carry some excess baggage but his following needs a new home. Why not New Orleans? Think we need to lay off our new brothern .

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm actually very happy we have Jimmer. I think he should be EG's primary backup, think he would get more minutes that way. Just don't tell me he's the best player on the team and don't complain if he doesn't get starter's minutes this year.

Banned

Me too. Gives us a lot of what Morrow on 1/3rd the salary did plus he gives us the ability to stay flexible and go after a SF next offseason.
    @mcnamara247

The offense was not the problem last year.

--

I'd rather Jimmer on the court to help provide spacing than Salmons or Babbitt. As long as gee can play with one or two other ball-handlers, he will be a quality bench player.

And I don't mind his fanatical fans posting on Pelicans Roost. Maybe they will become Pelicans fans, buy some merchandise, attend some games and support the team.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Me too. Gives us a lot of what Morrow on 1/3rd the salary did plus he gives us the ability to stay flexible and go after a SF next offseason.
    Is there every possibility that he can't be signed on next season like Morrow because we don't have his Bird rights or was that more to do with cap space?

I like Jimmer. Some of his fans however, eh. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is there every possibility that he can't be signed on next season like Morrow because we don't have his Bird rights or was that more to do with cap space?
    We likely would have to use part of an exception to sign him. Basically, if he plays really well there is almost no chance he is back next year since we will need that exception for a SF. But Dell shows he can lose these guys and identify another cheap one next year, so I am not worried. Belinelli to Morrow to Jimmer to the next guy.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I like Jimmer and I'm fine with most of his fans. But some of them are nuts.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I like Jimmer and I'm fine with most of his fans. But some of them are nuts.
    And according to the Sacto writers, Jimmer doesn't like that. He wishes they would just chill. They set up ridiculous expectations and put so much unnecessary focus on a young guy who is just trying to earn his spot in the league.

They think they are helping advocate for him, but they are hurting more than they help.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    ....Honestly the Jimmer diehards are really making me question whether he's even worth it and whatever he brings because of them. Maybe they are apart of the problem for him? Lol I don't even want to be on this board as much because this premature Jimmer mania is damn near suffocating.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    ....Honestly the Jimmer diehards are really making me question whether he's even worth it and whatever he brings because of them. Maybe they are apart of the problem for him? Lol I don't even want to be on this board as much because this premature Jimmer mania is damn near suffocating.
    I survived the Thornton slurping, I can survive this.

I think.

I survived the Thornton slurping, I can survive this.

I think.
    Its only 1 poster. Jimmertime is pretty cool IMO. We should be fine, unless the future brings most jimmer diggers out, I expect.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Its only 1 poster. Jimmertime is pretty cool IMO. We should be fine, unless the future brings most jimmer diggers out, I expect.
    I don't think people here have been bad at all, but some stuff I have seen on Jim E's pieces are beyond crazy. We got two Jimmer fanatics in the BSS comments that make me shake my head like the guy here today.

It is how it starts. A couple of flies buzzing around in the kitchen, and then before you know it, there is an infestation and Jon Taffer is rescuing your bar.

I dnot understand how a marginal player has such die hard fans.

1-6

jimmer time = tebow time

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I like Jimmer. Some of his fans however, eh. . .
    I feel the same way and I am one of his fans.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I dnot understand how a marginal player has such die hard fans.
    You clearly never watched him play in college.

I hope he plays well and helps the team, not much more to say about that.

I don't think people here have been bad at all, but some stuff I have seen on Jim E's pieces are beyond crazy. We got two Jimmer fanatics in the BSS comments that make me shake my head like the guy here today.

It is how it starts. A couple of flies buzzing around in the kitchen, and then before you know it, there is an infestation and Jon Taffer is rescuing your bar.
    Yeah let's hope those lmformed poster's stay away from this site.
    I read one poster trying to convince others that Davis is a 50/50 chance of staying in Nola and that
    the TV deal won't be enough. Apparently if he goes to play in LA he will make more money from indorcemets

I didn't follow college basketball (heck, i began following it to some degree the year AD was in) so no idea how polarizing or not this guy was back then. I certainly hope this is not another tebow thing but considering when we signed him was the 3rd or maybe 4th time i'd heard his name in all these years i follow the nba...well, i probably shouldn't worry a lot

If idiotic fans come along....eh. Mods will ban them and goodbye everyone. I hope fredette will contribute to this team anyway

Jimmer reminds me of Kyle Korver. Korver lacks of lateral speed often makes him got beaten in one on one situation, he doesn't have off the dribble moves and never bring the ball. The only difference is Korver has great understanding of positional defense making him one of the best help defender in the wing position. With hardwork and residue of thib's dust from his time as a Bulls, Jimmer can at least be a passable help defender.
    The only stumbling block laying on jimmer's way to become the next kyle korver is height. Korver's 6'7 height enables him to shoot over most guards in the NBA.
    Last edited by odine; 10-11-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Banned
    I think there are people who needlessly hate Jimmer just as bad as his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    I feel the same way and I am one of his fans.
    I think everyone will do good to understand that Pelican fans want Jimmer to succeed. Most of us think he had a rough hand dealt with going to SAC and wasn't at CHI long enough to crack any rotation.

But, we also think he will be given every opportunity to succeed here and there will not be some grand conspiracy if he doesn't. Everyone will get along better if Jimmer fans who come here recognize this.

Personally, I think he can be a great backup guard and I look forward to him in our back court with Rivers.

Thread Information