Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season game #3- Pelicans V Wizards

Wizards 24 - 23 Pelicans End 1st Qtr
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I looked up I'm on s phone don't want to create an account there's not an open link to the game
    You realize we mean literally "look up" as in scroll a few messages above your initial one.

Or...

I'm not sure if the page even works for phones.

I looked up I'm on s phone don't want to create an account there's not an open link to the game
    If you're on a phone, I hear the Pelicans app has a stream.

Yes it says out of the area for the stream

Thanks anyway guy , I don't know why they make it so difficult to follow a team trying to build a fan base

Yes it says out of the area for the stream
    Try the TuneIn app and finding 105.3 FM in New Orleans. If that doesn't work, I got nothing.

Thanks anyway guy , I don't know why they make it so difficult to follow a team trying to build a fan base
    they're doing this by having games in places like Jacksonville (tonight), Bossier/Shreveport, Biloxi, Jackson, MS, etc

edit: honestly... as a Saints season ticket holder currently... I wouldn't mind if the Saints sent out the preseason games to places like Shreveport, Lafayette, Jackson as well

for those anyway remotely interested... Knicks/Celtics from UConn's gym is on NBA TV

32-26 Pels... 9-2 NOP run to start 2nd qtr 8:42 left

though RYNO just got called for a clear-path foul

AD back in... and Nene scores on him

5-0 WASH run

FREDETTE FOR 333333333333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like this Rivers/Fredette pairing offensively.

AD bites on an up-fake by Nene about 20 ft out... drives and dunks

Nene again... he's having a game

FREDETTE FOR 33333333333333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmer w/ 10 pts off the bench

John Reid says Jimmer is really bad defensivel but can score.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I really like this Rivers/Fredette pairing offensively.
    Yes but I'm undecided about who should bring ball up court. Despite Jimmer's speed and handles he seems to find the open player better than Rivers and Austin STILL holds on to the ball too long. We DON'T need another Roberts on this team. Example end of the half when Austin brought ball down with time left and couldn't shoot or assist before clock expired.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    John Reid says Jimmer is really bad defensivel but can score.
    John Reid also wrote an article on Patrick Young saying that his natural position is SF……so I really don’t value his opinion after that.

Davis playing more minutes with extended rest coming up. Can't wait for PS 1 game against Rockets. Monty talking about finding time to rest team which will be evident. Heard they had a couple of hard practices the last couple of days which may account for poor outing against Hawks.

Wizards 44 - 49 Pelicans Halftime

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    John Reid also wrote an article on Patrick Young saying that his natural position is SF……so I really don’t value his opinion after that.
    I see him more as a poor mans Kenneth Faried type with his energy and strength. OK he's not Faried but: both are strong muscular forward's, undersized in height and wing span but are hustlers, ultimate warriors and high IQ guys who know their roles. SF or PF doesn't matter because they both make their presence by ORB's, put backs, steals and D from either location. They will not play wing when playing SF but will live on baseline. i.e. Patric playing with AD and Ryno; AD and Babbitt; Ryno and Babbitt; Ajinca and Ryno; Ajinca and Babbitt; AD and Ajinca; Withey and AD; Withey and Babbitt; Withey and Ajinca; etc.....
    Plus both of his parents were outstanding athletes. He is loved by Billy Donovan who says he is the best PnR ever at Florida. Did Billy coach Noah? He is also extremely smart and personable.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 10-08-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Eric Gordon has been playing bad.

Brian roberts, 6 shots in 10 minutes for charlotte off the bench.. may the torture for them begin.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I see him more as a poor mans Kenneth Faried type with his energy and strength. OK he's not Faried but: both are strong muscular forward's, undersized in height and wing span but are hustlers, ultimate warriors and high IQ guys who know their roles. SF or PF doesn't matter because they both make their presence by ORB's, put backs, steals and D from either location. They will not play wing when playing SF but will live on baseline. i.e. Patric playing with AD and Ryno; AD and Babbitt; Ryno and Babbitt; Ajinca and Ryno; Ajinca and Babbitt; AD and Ajinca; Withey and AD; Withey and Babbitt; Withey and Ajinca; etc.....
    Plus both of his parents were outstanding athletes. He is loved by Billy Donovan who says he is the best PnR ever at Florida. Did Billy coach Noah? He is also extremely smart and personable.
    My point being he ISN’T a SF or 3 or a wing or an ‘X ‘player that can go out to the 3 point line.
    How John Reid can even think that makes me

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Eric Gordon has been playing bad.
    He is shooting bad and below average D but has been getting shots.

Thread Information